JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1388 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jehovah will do the best when his best time comes... One thing to note is that JEHOVAH'S SOVEREIGNTY MUST SURELY BE VINDICATED AND HIS NAME SANCTIFIED.
I'm sad and feel for our Russian brothers because they are going to face the worst from these persecutors. On the hand I'm happy that Jehovah allowed it that way for his GOOD reasons which is yet to be unfolded in subsequent times... Let's keep watching the movie...

Sent from my TECNO_P5_PLUS using Tapatalk

It just hit our website:

BREAKING NEWS | Russian Supreme Court Rejects Appeal by Jehovah’s Witnesses

Today, the Appellate Chamber of Russia’s Supreme Court ruled against Jehovah’s Witnesses, upholding the April 20 decision to liquidate their Administrative Center and effectively ban their worship. Despite this outcome, we are confident that Jehovah will continue to support our brothers in Russia. (Hebrews 13:6) Please continue to “carry on prayer” for them.—2 Thessalonians 3:1

Kangaroo court, no wonder.

Like the Mede's and Persia of old who claim their Ruling's no matter how bad cannot be overturned, upheld it against the Jews even when its clear that the jews are innocent and Haman was just misusing it for selfish reasons.

But even in that situation, Jehovah was a Strong Tower for his people, a Strong Refuge

Sent from my itel it1506 using Tapatalk

An unlawful ruling, a population willing to go along with a corrupt system even after admitting they literally know nothing about why they feel as they do and a religious entity claiming 70% of the population are followers of theirs. Maybe that's the same % of people who want the ban but don't know why they want the ban. People are showing where their hearts are.

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-appeal-637816

A survey from the independent polling agency Levada, released last week, indicated that 79 percent of Russians supported the ban, though more than half of the respondents admitted they knew nothing about the case. The ban also had the powerful support of the Russian Orthodox Church, which enjoys a close relationship with President Vladimir Putin and counts more than 70 percent of the country's population as followers.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

17:20

Representative Novakov selectively draws the attention of the court to the case materials in the 38th and 39th volumes of the case. The documents testify to false accusations of "extremism" against Jehovah's Witnesses. For example, there are a number of documents in the case in which people who "witnessed" against believers report that they gave their testimony against believers under the pressure of law enforcement officers, without warning of responsibility for deliberately false denunciation.

17:27 The court passes to the debate. The first is Zhenkov.

Very telling in this Kangaroo Court.

Same way the population was willing to Follow the crowd and have Jesus killed, even though many of them don't even know why the religious leaders want him killed .

The worst is that some of this people can be family and friends or probably people whom Jesus have healed at one time or the other.

unknown to them, it served a purpose. Great one .... Same here, Father Jehovah could see what no man can see , when it comes to his NAME . he knows the best way to deal with such situations

HABAKKUK 2: 3 For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!

Jehovah has our back, we don't have long to wait.  Keep praying for our brothers/sisters in Russia

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

An unlawful ruling, a population willing to go along with a corrupt system even after admitting they literally know nothing about why they feel as they do and a religious entity claiming 70% of the population are followers of theirs. Maybe that's the same % of people who want the ban but don't know why they want the ban. People are showing where their hearts are.

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russia-ban-appeal-637816

A survey from the independent polling agency Levada, released last week, indicated that 79 percent of Russians supported the ban, though more than half of the respondents admitted they knew nothing about the case. The ban also had the powerful support of the Russian Orthodox Church, which enjoys a close relationship with President Vladimir Putin and counts more than 70 percent of the country's population as followers.

That's what's called pure prejudice, against a people they just don't like, not caring whether they're right or wrong.

Maybe they just don't want us knocking on their door and that's as deep as they think,  not about the persecution they are bringing on an innocent, peaceful people that only have Their the persecutors, interests at heart, as the apostle Paul said in Hebrews 12:3..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

The Russian Constitutional Court has stated in a decision dated 14 July 2015, that Russia may not enforce decisions under European Convention on Human Rights (the Convention) if they contradict the country’s Constitution.

Johan

That figures. You have a link to that?

That figures. You have a link to that?

This is from the blog of European Journal of International Law:

https://www.ejiltalk.org/russian-constitutional-court-affirms-russian-constitutions-supremacy-over-ecthr-decisions/

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On the bright side, this is just more positive PR for our organization. Even world leaders will perhaps take a fresh look at us and ask what makes us "extremist" (the equivalent of ISIS). I suspect the Russian Church and MOJ knows this. But they have to choose the lesser of the two evils -- either allow JWs to freely expose them as religious frauds through our Bible educational work, or to expose themselves as frauds banking on the idea that they will get majority support regardless. They chose the latter.

What's hurts my heart the most is the increased attacks on our family there out of complete and utter ignorance, and those being goaded by the Russian Church.

Nothing gonna change our Love for you all in Russia, Father Jehovah loves you the most. In accordance with Romans 15:4 , he also have you in mind when he says " Be courageous and Strong. Do not be struck with terror or fear, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9 ea7c4806516eaaeef07ed81b7bdf5f2f.jpg074b018af4c1599d5c31478999f56111.jpg

35 minutes ago, Bob said:

What's hurts my heart the most is the increased attacks on our family there out of complete and utter ignorance, and those being goaded by the Russian Church.

Just finished raking and about to start baling.

While raking, I found myself praying for Jehovah to help our Russian brothers and sisters to endure.

I also found myself praying for Jehovah to help me endure what our Russian family members will be forced to endure.

My heart hurts every time one of our family members suffers.

Whether from natural or mandmade (unjust persecution) disasters, I have that 'fellow feeling' we are all encouraged to develop and maintain.

I came to the realization that all of Jehovah's people are empaths...our hearts are tender and open to more than just Jehovah's teachings.

We hate what He hates.

We love what he loves.

We feel what he feels.

I also prayed that my soul would be concealed in Sheol, so that my heart wouldn't have to be hurt anymore.

Really need to redirect my prayers to begging Jehovah to carry my heart's heavy load for me...I cannot take much more of this septic system of things.

Yesterday, I even found myself crying because the trees  in our yard are dying from diseases, because pollution has weakened their natural ability to

fight off attacks.

Too much death, too much killing...too much injustice!!!!

Relief simply cannot be too far off.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 minute ago, cricket246 said:

Hang in there Sis, as an elder told me, its always darkest right before the dawn. we are soooooo close it's just over the horizon!

....just around the corner....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I wonder if Jehovah wants this to go the international courts.  Then the whole world hears about it, and then Jehovah can give an almighty victory, and give a mighty witness before the end comes.  In the meantime keep praying.

(Ezekiel 38:23) And I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

Well this point is disturbing-

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40635267

The Jehovah's Witnesses are expected to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights, but Russia may well ignore any verdict in their favour.

So it doesn't matter if the decisions of the lower courts are overturned, Russia will do as she pleases? Interesting.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34