JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1382 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well this point is disturbing-
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40635267
The Jehovah's Witnesses are expected to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights, but Russia may well ignore any verdict in their favour.
So it doesn't matter if the decisions of the lower courts are overturned, Russia will do as she pleases? Interesting.

True, if they deem it is unconstitutional, but the more they do so, the more strain it will put on international relations. Diplomatic entities from other countries are very interested in this case.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

49 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I wonder if Jehovah wants this to go the international courts.  Then the whole world hears about it, and then Jehovah can give an almighty victory, and give a mighty witness before the end comes.  In the meantime keep praying.

Daniel 11:44.45

35 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Well this point is disturbing-

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40635267

The Jehovah's Witnesses are expected to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights, but Russia may well ignore any verdict in their favour.

So it doesn't matter if the decisions of the lower courts are overturned, Russia will do as she pleases? Interesting.

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Just finished raking and about to start baling.

While raking, I found myself praying for Jehovah to help our Russian brothers and sisters to endure.

I also found myself praying for Jehovah to help me endure what our Russian family members will be forced to endure.

My heart hurts every time one of our family members suffers.

Whether from natural or mandmade (unjust persecution) disasters, I have that 'fellow feeling' we are all encouraged to develop and maintain.

I came to the realization that all of Jehovah's people are empaths...our hearts are tender and open to more than just Jehovah's teachings.

We hate what He hates.

We love what he loves.

We feel what he feels.

I also prayed that my soul would be concealed in Sheol, so that my heart wouldn't have to be hurt anymore.

Really need to redirect my prayers to begging Jehovah to carry my heart's heavy load for me...I cannot take much more of this septic system of things.

Yesterday, I even found myself crying because the trees  in our yard are dying from diseases, because pollution has weakened their natural ability to

fight off attacks.

Too much death, too much killing...too much injustice!!!!

Relief simply cannot be too far off.:(

:encourage:

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I watched the process from start fill end. I had the feeling that the court wouldn't speak in our favor... it's because there are so many things happening lately, as if events are speeding up. Beside of that I still hoped else for our brothers and sisters, cause I'm afraid that those attacks on our brothers between april and now will intensivate. I prayed to Jehovah to take care of them and give them extra strenght. But as mentioned earlier, Jehovah would let the court decide on our behalf if it was his will. And it went into another direction.

So it seems this has to to be the outcome. May our brothers be strenghtened. The convention is real spiritual food given at the right time.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3604244/russia-supreme-court-jehovahs-witnesses/

Edited by skipdaflip

Under Russia's extremist law and the wrong way in which they've used it, any atheist can take umbraige with any religion and get it shut down the same way - in trying to get rid of a tiny ant they have blown up the whole house as it were. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm very sad.... :( Jehovah didn't make miracle... Why? He glorified his name already....  I really don't understand everithing.... Need time for understading it.... Now we will have many difficulties... i don't want live here. :(

I сollect information, where there is a need in Russian publishers. I know few places... Who knows about it? Please write me in private messages.

Edited by Marius

42 minutes ago, Marius said:

I'm very sad.... :( Jehovah didn't make miracle... Why? He glorified his name already....  I really don't understand everithing.... Need time for understading it.... Now we will have many difficulties... i don't want live here. :(

I сollect information, where there is a need in Russian publishers. I know few places... Who knows about it? Please write me in private messages.

Hi Brother  Marius. When you said:  'Jehovah didn't make miracle... Why? He glorified his name already....', are you asking others a question or are you answering your own question  (IE saying that Jehovah didn't make miracle because he glorified his name already)?

Sorry, I am not quite sure exactly what you are saying. I know that you are distressed and I am sure that everyone here wants to help you.

EDIT: I just went to your profile and saw a comment where you stated that you live in Russia. I am so sorry you are going through these trials right now. Be sure and stay as close to the brothers there that you are allowed to. I anticipate comments more encouraging than mine to come. (There are likely over 8,000,000 brothers and sisters praying for y'all) I will include you personally in mine.

Edited by M&M

More info

Just now, M&M said:

Hi Brother  Marius. When you said:  'Jehovah didn't make miracle... Why? He glorified his name already....', are you asking others a question or are you answering your own question  (IE saying that Jehovah didn't make miracle because he glorified his name already)?

Sorry, I am not quite sure exactly what you are saying. I know that you are distressed and I am sure that everyone here wants to help you.

Hi!

Just i don't understand everything... Jehovah wants something... But what? I don't say about our obedience. I mean in global meaning.

I wouldn't say that i am very distressed, just i don't want to live here, and there isn't need in publishers. I reflected about relocation, and now, i think, time became.

Edited by Marius

Just now, M&M said:

EDIT: I just went to your profile and saw a comment where you stated that you live in Russia. I am so sorry you are going through these trials right now. Be sure and stay as close to the brothers there that you are allowed to. I anticipate comments more encouraging than mine to come. (There are likely over 8,000,000 brothers and sisters praying for y'all) I will include you personally in mine.

Thank you for prays... It's important for us...

Edited by Marius

Hi Brother Marius

We all share your disappointment at the ruling. What the ruling can not take away is the unity and love amongst the brotherhood , and more importantly the love Jehovah has for you and the bothers in Russia.

Will be praying for you  with Christian love

Richard 

Edited by RichardPNZ

Spelling

9 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

44 “But reports out of the east* and out of the north will disturb him, and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. 45 And he will plant his royal* tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration;*+ and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.

I am also thinking about this scripture... can all this have something to do with it? I dont know, have to wait and see, but there is a reason why Jehovah is allowing this to happen. We are so close now that anything can start happening anytime!

3 hours ago, Margaret said:

2017-07-17 23:34:13 UPDATED: (M7.4) Komandorskiye Ostrova, Russia region 54.5 168.9 (32b9e)

Are you referring to the earthquake?

Massive 7.7 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Between Russia and Alaska. No damage reported.

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

11 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I wonder if Jehovah wants this to go the international courts.  Then the whole world hears about it, and then Jehovah can give an almighty victory, and give a mighty witness before the end comes.  In the meantime keep praying.

We do see in the scriptures how Jehovah can effectively maneuver things so that the greatest number of people can get an effective witness.  He did that with Egypt, making his name well known wonderfully. Exodus 9:6

I like to think of Harold King and Stanley Jones. They lost their court case and ended up spending 5-7 years in prison isolated from other brothers and Jehovah's organization. Also Nancy Yeung. But what a fine witness they ended up giving and all were very zealous and active after they obtained their freedom. The point is they lost in worldly courts but ended up victorious.