JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1363 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, Marius said:

Hi!

Just i don't understand everything... Jehovah wants something... But what? I don't say about our obedience. I mean in global meaning.

I wouldn't say that i am very distressed, just i don't want to live here, and there isn't need in publishers. I reflected about relocation, and now, i think, time became.

Im worried for you there too in Russia.  How are you going to handle this new situation there in Russia?  Have you got any new instructions form the orgatization? How are you going to have meetings and what about the preaching? 

I would really want to know because I think it is very possible the same will soon happen in the West also. 

2 hours ago, rbrown1205 said:

Thanks for this link, Sister Roberta!

It led me to another link, to the Special Report put out by  our

Office of Public Information

World Headquarters of

Jehovah’s Witnesses

https://www.scribd.com/document/353996159/Special-Report-JW-Targets-of-Hatred-in-Russia

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

44 “But reports out of the east* and out of the north will disturb him, and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. 45 And he will plant his royal* tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration;*+ and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.
I am also thinking about this scripture... can all this have something to do with it? I dont know, have to wait and see, but there is a reason why Jehovah is allowing this to happen. We are so close now that anything can start happening anytime!

Yeah, the reports could be our victory in the ECHR. Just speculating... but more so, waiting on Jehovah's Will to take place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, John said:

Im worried for you there too in Russia.  How are you going to handle this new situation there in Russia?  Have you got any new instructions form the orgatization? How are you going to have meetings and what about the preaching? 

I would really want to know because I think it is very possible the same will soon happen in the West also.

We all share Jan's concern for our Russian brothers, but don't forget that this is a public section of the forum that everyone can read, even non-members, so it's not wise to post here any information that might put the brothers at risk.

We can better use a private section or PM for that. :)

1 hour ago, carlos said:

We all share Jan's concern for our Russian brothers, but don't forget that this is a public section of the forum that everyone can read, even non-members, so it's not wise to post here any information that might put the brothers at risk.

We can better use a private section or PM for that. :)

Hi carlos. What are the private areas?

52 minutes ago, aussieSister said:

Will definitely be writing my letter soon

As Gi-Gi asked, is there a new letter writing campaign or something?

USCIRF Condemns the Banning of the Jehovah’s Witnesses

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) denounces the Russian Supreme Court ruling on Monday rejecting an appeal by the Jehovah’s Witnesses against an April decision declaring them as extremist. USCIRF Chairman Daniel Mark commented that “The Supreme Court’s decision sadly reflects the government’s continued equating of peaceful religious freedom practice to extremism. The Witnesses are not an extremist group, and should be able to practice their faith openly and freely and without government repression.”

http://www.uscirf.gov/news-room/press-releases/russia-jehovah-s-witnesses-banned-after-supreme-court-rejects-appeals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh wow is the USCIRF a government appointed branch or is it ran by people who send letters to the US president/government to warn them of circumstances in other countries? I fid this interesting.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

As a Reminder, I have a strong feeling that Jehovah is planning to do something not clear to us mortals yet . The same way he channelled the Israelites to the red sea just to Bless his Glorious name in all the earth ( that was after Pharaoh reject many times, The appeal to let his people go )

More is, the present Government in Russia won't be there forever. So lets keep our fingers crossed and Watch as Jehovah direct matters

Sent from my itel it1506 using Tapatalk

Too, I keep reminding myself this attention on us right now is gonna be short lived because the governments will soon be directing their attention to false religion. It has to go before they completely turn on us.

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

14 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Oh wow is the USCIRF a government appointed branch or is it ran by people who send letters to the US president/government to warn them of circumstances in other countries? I fid this interesting.

About USCIRF

USCIRF is an independent, bipartisan U.S. federal government commission, the first of its kind in the world, dedicated to defending the universal right to freedom of religion or belief abroad. USCIRF reviews the facts and circumstances of religious freedom violations and makes policy recommendations to the President, the Secretary of State, and Congress. USCIRF Commissioners are appointed by the President and the Congressional leadership of both political parties.

SOURCE:  http://www.uscirf.gov/about-uscirf

I appreciated seeing the live streaming  of the court decision yesterday.  I know it's selfish but I was really hoping to see a small earthquake rattle the courtroom while the judges read their decision, especially if the brothers calmly sat through it as if they were expecting it....

<sigh>

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

I appreciated seeing the live streaming  of the court decision yesterday.  I know it's selfish but I was really hoping to see a small earthquake rattle the courtroom while the judges read their decision, especially if the brothers calmly sat through it as if they were expecting it....

<sigh>

Best are set for last :)

About USCIRF

USCIRF is an independent, bipartisan U.S. federal government commission, the first of its kind in the world, dedicated to defending the universal right to freedom of religion or belief abroad. USCIRF reviews the facts and circumstances of religious freedom violations and makes policy recommendations to the President, the Secretary of State, and Congress. USCIRF Commissioners are appointed by the President and the Congressional leadership of both political parties.

U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
732 North Capitol Street, NW
Suite A714
Washington, DC 20401
Tel: 202-523-3240
Fax: 202-523-5020

media@uscirf.gov

Yes we lost the appeal, and once again it's because Jehovah allowed it. Why? We don't know it's true, but we must trust that Jehovah knows why. And in time, if it's his will, he'll let us know why. 

I think of when Jehovah took his people out of Egypt. There they were, marching around in circles so it appeared.  In the CD "Jehovah's Name to Be Declared In All the Earth" the people were confused. But one of the characters made a comment to the effect that Jehovah knows what he's doing..." 

So too, though we may feel, rightly so, confused, hurt, etc because Jehovah's name has been declared with this situation, but has it really? I mean, has it really to Jehovah's satisfaction? We may feel it has, but, again, to Jehovah's satisfaction? Perhaps there are still people in Russia who are praying. Perhaps there are still sheep like ones there that the friends haven't met yet, though they may have covered the territory over and over. But Jehovah know who they are. 

I don't know either, as a matter of fact, none of us here knows the real reason for this latest verdict. But Jehovah knows. We have to trust that he has everything under control. 

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

<sigh>

There were 10 earthquakes in Russia yesterday. The biggest was 7.7 but most were in the 4's and 5's. Some 6's also. I too, was watching for our powerful and just God Jehovah to express his feelings...

The Bee

17 hours ago, Marius said:

I'm very sad.... :( Jehovah didn't make miracle... Why? He glorified his name already....  I really don't understand everithing.... Need time for understading it.... Now we will have many difficulties... i don't want live here. :(

I сollect information, where there is a need in Russian publishers. I know few places... Who knows about it? Please write me in private messages.

Our brother in Belarus posted this on his blog..

https://m.facebook.com/notes/anton-chivchalov-blog/вопросы-и-ответы-о-белоруссии/245227352633572/

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Just now, Luezette said:

Yes we lost the appeal, and once again it's because Jehovah allowed it. Why? We don't know it's true, but we must trust that Jehovah knows why. And in time, if it's his will, he'll let us know why. 

I think of when Jehovah took his people out of Egypt. There they were, marching around in circles so it appeared.  In the CD "Jehovah's Name to Be Declared In All the Earth" the people were confused. But one of the characters made a comment to the effect that Jehovah knows what he's doing..." 

So too, though we may feel, rightly so, confused, hurt, etc because Jehovah's name has been declared with this situation, but has it really? I mean, has it really to Jehovah's satisfaction? We may feel it has, but, again, to Jehovah's satisfaction? Perhaps there are still people in Russia who are praying. Perhaps there are still sheep like ones there that the friends haven't met yet, though they may have covered the territory over and over. But Jehovah know who they are. 

I don't know either, as a matter of fact, none of us here knows the real reason for this latest verdict. But Jehovah knows. We have to trust that he has everything under control. 

Bible says we will be persecuted, so perhaps Jehovah indirectly says there that He will not mind manipulate all politicians or court decisions all the time, and that His will does not always happen in every situation or court case. It's also possible there are not always some bigger plan or trick behind, other then Armagedon to end all badness. Maybe we just have to go trough certain tribulations before paradise in this system, and banning JWs permanently or temporally in some parts of the world is just one of them. Good news are we can still stay loyal to Jehovah, and get everlasting life :)

18 July 2017

RUSSIA: Jehovah's Witnesses now banned

By Victoria Arnold, Forum 18

Russia's Supreme Court has upheld liquidation of all Jehovah's Witness organisations as "extremist". If they exercise freedom of religion and belief, all Jehovah's Witnesses can now be criminally prosecuted. A Jehovah's Witness conscientious objector has also been ordered to work with nuclear weapons.

http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2297

15 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

18 July 2017

RUSSIA: Jehovah's Witnesses now banned

By Victoria Arnold, Forum 18

Russia's Supreme Court has upheld liquidation of all Jehovah's Witness organisations as "extremist". If they exercise freedom of religion and belief, all Jehovah's Witnesses can now be criminally prosecuted. A Jehovah's Witness conscientious objector has also been ordered to work with nuclear weapons.

http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2297

"Legal" consequences

All Jehovah's Witness activities are now permanently prohibited, although they had already been halted by the 20 April decision (see F18News 20 April 2017 http://forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2274).

Individual Jehovah's Witnesses can now be subject to criminal prosecution if they publicly exercise their freedom of religion or belief in public or private, including if they are found with Jehovah's Witness literature. They would face charges under Criminal Code Article 282.2, Part 1 – 

1Th 5: 17- "Pray constantly "  for our Bro.s and Sis. s 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

appeal to ECHR next   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/supreme-court-confirms-earlier-ruling-to-criminalize-jehovahs-witnesses/ 

"Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia have appealed for justice to the European Court of Human Rights and the UN Human Rights Committee."

Edited by timpin

WE ARE NOT THE SORT TO SHRINK BACK! Hebrews 10:39

ANTI-TERRORISM LAW

Mormonism’s Russia dilemma:

How to grow a fledgling faith without preaching or proselytizing

By Peggy Fletcher Stack / Salt Lake Tribune | July 17, 2017

SALT LAKE CITY — Halfway through her Mormon mission, Sariah Warnick had to stop being what she was: a missionary.

No more knocking on doors in a quixotic quest for converts. No more handing out pamphlets on the street. No more doctrinal discussions about prayer, prophets or priesthood.

http://religionnews.com/2017/07/17/mormonisms-russia-dilemma-how-to-grow-a-fledgling-faith-without-preaching-or-proselytizing/