JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1385 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It looks like postage from the USA is about $1.35 for a standard letter. Does that sound right?

I found $1.15 and $1.20 but it was outdated info......thanks!!!!!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

3 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Really quick, does anyone have a list of former governments that opposed the JW's, and no longer exist?

There's the Nazi's, the Soviets... anyone have any others?

Cant think of any more currently, but very soon we can add ALL human governments to that list!

6 hours ago, JWTalk Forums said:

702017108_univ_sqs_sm.jpg

Threatened with an imminent ban on their worship in Russia, Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide support their fellow worshippers in Russia by means of a global letter-writing campaign. Instructions are provided for those who would like to participate.

***************** Link fixed *******************

View the full article on JW.org

Just remember what it says in the instructions...

"Make your participation a matter of prayer.—1 Tim. 2:1-4."

49 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Cant think of any more currently, but very soon we can add ALL human governments to that list!

Probably best that I leave that out anyway. We're appealing to their better natures, after all.

For those wondering what to say, my own letter will include, for example, that the JW's in the 30's were more willing to be locked up in Nazi Death Camps rather than take up arms against other countries, including Russia. And this is the group that Russia has declared their enemies?

1 hour ago, Miss Mouse said:

I'm so excited I'm beside myself ( now there are two of me) . I remember doing a similar campaign years ago ......someone refresh my memory was it Malawi ? I would like to be a fly on he wall in the post office when all these letters start arriving lol . 

Makes me  think of  Daniel 11:44  ......perhaps the reports will be our letters . ( just thinking out loud)   

boy o boy ... I was thinking the same (reports) although unlikely because King of the north faces destruction after that and BTG is still around

Regardless exciting times.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Russia's strong-arm tactics are receiving additional press.  (Link below.) He "hits it on the nail" too. The threat towards the JW's there is a "warning" for all others who may need to fight for their religious freedom as well.

In Russia, the persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses begins all over again

Edited by Omo_Yeme

I just spoke with a Russian colleague to inquire about the postal system in Russia, and she did not hesitate telling me that my letters would definitely arrive :thumbsup: , only in 2 months' time! :blink::wacko:

Victoria, are you online? Is that really so? If yes, would registered mail find its way to the recipients faster? Or do we have to use DHL/Fedex/UPS to beat the deadline?

Edited by Skye

Looks like Australian letter will not make it by April 1, as the Economy Air takes 14 business days and is the cheapest option at $2.95 a letter.  

The premium express mail gets there in 5 business days, but costs $50.51 :o

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/international/AU/RU?category=letter

Still, our letter will be sent - better late than not getting there at all.

13 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Looks like Australian letter will not make it by April 1, as the Economy Air takes 14 business days and is the cheapest option at $2.95 a letter.  

The premium express mail gets there in 5 business days, but costs $50.51 :o

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/international/AU/RU?category=letter

Still, our letter will be sent - better late than not getting there at all.

Don't worry about arrival date. "Personal letters should be mailed no later than April 1, 2017"

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

On the importance of this point in the instructions: "Give attention to proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.—be pp. 71-73."

:o:o:wacko:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/1344464/Letter-to-Putin-leaves-schoolgirl-out-in-the-cold.html

A well-meaning but sloppily written letter to President Putin from a 17-year-old Russian schoolgirl has cost its author her leaving prize and a place at medical school. 

Anna Provorova......followed the example of thousands of other Russians....by writing to the president for help....Her spelling was beyond reproach. But she broke two rules of Russian correspondence: she forgot the exclamation mark after the greeting "Esteemed Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin!" and spelt the word "you" without a capital letter. Kremlin staff who received the request sent it back to the local authorities, where officials behaved as though the head of state had suffered a grave insult.....In a move reminiscent of the Stalin era, inspectors arrived at the school......to insist on identifying which of the school's 156 pupils .....had penned the unsigned letter. They demanded that Anna be denied the leavers' silver medal that had been recommended by the headmistress. Later, the school discovered that her algebra and essay grades had been revised downwards.