JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1362 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Looks like Australian letter will not make it by April 1, as the Economy Air takes 14 business days and is the cheapest option at $2.95 a letter.  

The premium express mail gets there in 5 business days, but costs $50.51 :o

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/international/AU/RU?category=letter

Still, our letter will be sent - better late than not getting there at all.

Yeah, that was the number I got too, and the instructions have six names and addresses.

The hearing is for April 5th, but with appeals, and however long the hearing itself takes, I reckon it'll be okay. Plus, Australia is literally as far away as you can get from Russia before you hit ice. Don't worry, thousands of letters will get there.

29 minutes ago, Skye said:

On the importance of this point in the instructions: "Give attention to proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.—be pp. 71-73."

:o:o:wacko:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/1344464/Letter-to-Putin-leaves-schoolgirl-out-in-the-cold.html

A well-meaning but sloppily written letter to President Putin from a 17-year-old Russian schoolgirl has cost its author her leaving prize and a place at medical school. 

Well that's... disturbing on many levels. The capital letter thing is how you refer to Royalty and Religious figures; isn't it?

Whoever gets told to sit and dread all these letters, maybe one of them strikes a chord. If it takes a hundred days for a hundred Kremlin officials to get through the letters, one of them might start to think...

45 minutes ago, CloudJah said:

In the Italian JW.org  site, still there is not written anything about this campaign... :-(

Not to worry, you are welcome to join the campaign too. On JW.org in English it states that "The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses is inviting the over 8,000,000 Witnesses worldwide to participate."

Perhaps you will know friends who don't know about this campaign, so you can inform them so they too can join in for more letters. I've contacted friends in Japan to make sure they also know about it.

It's nice because I get many messages from brothers and sisters to join! So in the Netherlands the message about this campaign is spreading quickly.

Just called the post office.. from the Netherlands it takes between 8 to 14 days (mon-fry) to send a letter to Russia..
So before April 5 it must be there.. (I hope)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

What I foresee is one or more postal service company commenting about the unusual increase in emails going to Russia, and to 6 specific recipients. This could get some huge media attention, that could bring the matter to the attention of many more 'influential' people.

Jehovah's backing is on this campaign!

8 minutes ago, Skye said:

What I foresee is one or more postal service company commenting about the unusual increase in emails going to Russia, and to 6 specific recipients. This could get some huge media attention, that could bring the matter to the attention of many more 'influential' people.

Jehovah's backing is on this campaign!

So on the other thread about Russia we heard this report:

"To suspend the activity of the religious organization .  . from 15 March 2017 until the consideration by the Supreme Court of the above mentioned declaration," the document says (the editorial office has a copy).

The order also suspends the rights of regional organizations of the Witnesses, like the founder, to news media. They are prohibited from using state and municipal news media (in all likelihood for retransmission of content—ed.) and from planning and conducting meetings, rallies, demonstrations, parades, picketing, and other mass actions.

The order of the Ministry of Justice [see document below] imposes on Jehovah's Witnesses a ban on the use of deposits in banks, with the exception of business activities and covering of losses and payment of taxes and fines.

We're restricted from using the media, but we will get all the media coverage that you can possibly get. 

That reminded me of the following experience, recently discussed in the book "God's Kingdom Rules"

Zacharie Elegbe (aged 66, baptized in 1963) recalls how a ban against the activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Benin actually helped the brothers: “In 1976, when we had 2,300 publishers, our work was banned and the government ordered the ban to be broadcast in every local language. That was unheard of. Though Benin’s population speaks more than 60 languages, radio programs back then were usually broadcast in only five. So when the ban was broadcast in all local languages, many thousands of people living in remote areas heard of us for the very first time. They wondered, ‘Who are Jehovah’s Witnesses, and why are they banned?’ Later, when we reached those areas, many accepted the truth in short order.” Today, there are more than 11,500 Witnesses in Benin.

Edited by And_Ray

2 hours ago, Bjern said:

Not to worry, you are welcome to join the campaign too. On JW.org in English it states that "The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses is inviting the over 8,000,000 Witnesses worldwide to participate."

Perhaps you will know friends who don't know about this campaign, so you can inform them so they too can join in for more letters. I've contacted friends in Japan to make sure they also know about it.

Tank you very much... :-)

*** be p. 72 par. 2-p. 73 par. 2 Communicating Through Letters ***
Take a look now at the sample letter. Notice the following: (1) It looks tidy, not cluttered. (2) Even if the envelope gets misplaced, the recipient will still have the sender’s name and postal address. (3) The purpose of the letter is stated simply and directly in the first paragraph. (4) Each main thought is dealt with in a separate paragraph. (5) In view of its purpose, the letter is neither too casual nor too formal.

In any letter, give attention to proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and, of course, neatness. Doing so will lend dignity to your letter and the message that it contains.

Make sure that you affix sufficient postage, 

Once you have completed your letter, read it to evaluate the content. How does it sound? Is it friendly and tactful? Love and kindness are among the qualities that we endeavor to manifest in our dealings with others. (Gal. 5:22, 23) If you detect a negative tone or a hint of pessimism, adjust the wording.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would really appreciate a list of possible points to include, or perhaps a sample letter or outline..I know the instructions bring out important thoughts, but my problem (age related) is mentally I have trouble organizing such a letter..Perhaps a simple outline? Of course, I don't want to copy word for word someone's letter..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

I would really appreciate a list of possible points to include, or perhaps a sample letter or outline..I know the instructions bring out important thoughts, but my problem (age related) is mentally I have trouble organizing such a letter..Perhaps a simple outline? Of course, I don't want to copy word for word someone's letter..

The sample letter in the BE book will help you with the format.

I'd love to see some sample letters or any letters from a past campaign too..

*** be p. 72 par. 2-p. 73 par. 2 Communicating Through Letters ***
Take a look now at the sample letter.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, JudyO said:

So has your congregation made plans to write letters this week?

My daughter and granddaughter each are hosting a letter writing campaign at their homes after the meeting on Sunday...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..