JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Expert Reactions and Positive News Item about Letter Campaign

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2575 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

While it is early days yet, I see a few really positive youtube clips coming out ... the one I've posted especially. As the weeks progress there is almost certainly going to be more.  So as not to steer the other two threads off track ... here is a place to pop legitimate links to positive news items ... online media, newspapers or television clips. Even a few memes would be good.

Okay here is the first one. (Hard to find amongst the mud of this system but I've found one!) It makes me so proud to be one of Jehovah's People.

Edited by Shawnster

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This one brought tears to my eyes ... our Russian Brothers and Sisters singing "He will make you strong" at the end. This is a visit by Br Mark Sanderson, to St Petersburg, a live broadcast to all the kingdom halls in Russia.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This one is all about how the authorities are planting 'evidence' to support their claims of 'extremist' ... seems to be a amalgamation of videos that appeared on jw.org. 

18 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

This one brought tears to my eyes ... our Russian Brothers and Sisters singing "He will make you strong" at the end. This is a visit by Br Mark Sanderson, to St Petersburg, a live broadcast to all the kingdom halls in Russia.

This isn't related to our letter campaign, is it? Wasn't this in 2014? :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

24 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

This isn't related to our letter campaign, is it? Wasn't this in 2014? :)

Oh it isn't?  You are right ... my apologies, this wasn't up previously so I assumed. So if the Mods want to delete that video that would be good - thanks.

Although it's not unrelated to the issues they are experiencing.

Edited by Stormswift

37 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Oh it isn't?  You are right ... my apologies, this wasn't up previously so I assumed. So if the Mods want to delete that video that would be good - thanks.

Although it's not unrelated to the issues they are experiencing.

It's a lovely video.  I watched it a few days ago. I think it's fine to leave it.  I just wanted the brothers to know that it isn't a recent addition and directly related to what is currently happening. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

10 minutes ago, EverlastingLifeInView said:

Thought I'd share this here. Pretty much the same article as everywhere mentioning the same things but what's interesting are these two comments I screenshoted.

Screenshot_20170329-011356.png

Yes i read that!!! Most interesting.

I like the bit about ' you can't even get JW's to pick up a butter knife!"

Edited by Stormswift

That comment was the same as on Ono's link ... so it's the same link formatted differently I think. (I'm no expert on puter terms sorry)

Thank you...I didn't see/hear that. He sounded like he could have been a brother with the things he was saying. But we are not the only ones that see the wrong in what Russia is doing....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

39 minutes ago, morningdove said:

Thank you...I didn't see/hear that. He sounded like he could have been a brother with the things he was saying. But we are not the only ones that see the wrong in what Russia is doing....

I mean, I knew he was a Statesman, just that  the things he was saying were almost what we were writing in our letters....about freedom of speech, religion, et

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..