JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Current Newspapers that have picked up our letter campaign.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2537 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, dozerman5676 said:

From The Moscow Times... 

Russia's Supreme Court has refused to recognize the country's Jehovah's Witnesses as victims of political repression. https://themoscowtimes.com/news/jehovahs-witnesses-banned-in-russia-57635 

I don't like the company they put us with:  "The Islamic State and al-Qaeda are terrorist groups banned in Russia." 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I don't like the company they put us with:  "The Islamic State and al-Qaeda are terrorist groups banned in Russia." 

I technically prefer it... We are seeing warped reasoning in full effect! Guess what they do to us they are going to do to all.. Let's watch how Jehovah and Jesus maneuvers matters! It's going to amaze us all.

17 minutes ago, dozerman5676 said:

I guess I'm the news nerd.

It seems most of the conversation is in a different thread...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I guess I'm the news nerd.......

Russia's Supreme Court began a hearing Wednesday to potentially ban the Jehovah's Witnesses and declare it an extremist organization in the country.

http://fxn.ws/2oa7KTQ

So the lawsuit has to come from another entity and not the brothers themselves declaring it as being a victim of political repression. Therefore, if it's only for persons and not organizations then the ban will go into effect and which Russian entity has the courage to side with Jehovah's people and file lawsuit on the brothers' behalf? Let's watch what happens!

The court, however, has said it's "ineligible to review this lawsuit" because other organizations are responsible for declaring a person a victim of political repression, according to the Russian Legal Information Agency. 

Am I wrong here? Isn't the bann in place, waiting for a date when it becomes enforceable. 

Most of the posts seem to indicate a law is about to be passed, JWs are going to be banned.

TBS77 seems to have it right.

We are suing to get the bann taken down.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Here is the translation from Google from the news article from Venezuela:

Los Testigos de Jehová una Secta Extremista o Reedición del Triángulo Púrpura de los Campos de Concentración

Por: Pablo Jiménez Guaricuco | Martes, 28/03/2017 10:37 AM | Versión para imprimir

I am not an active Jehovah's Witness, but I was brought up under the guidance of my parents in that religion and so I believe that in none of their meetings do they speak of overthrowing governments, nor of organizing terrorist attacks, much less calling for hatred against any racial group Or religious, on the contrary, their beliefs are based mainly on the LOVE of the neighbor as a demonstration of adoration and respect to Jehovah creator of heaven and earth.

In each of the meetings that I attended for years with my whole family we were taught and urged to be a citizen example, to differentiate ourselves by being always attentive, respectful and empathetic to the pain of our brothers of faith and especially of those who live Out of it for not having the knowledge of Life that gives comfort and hope to all pain.

During the meetings for the study of his monthly magazine called The Watchtower I learned about the history of World War II and the role played by the Soviets in the liberation of many Nazi concentration camps where thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses called the Bibelforscher In German means Bible Students) were stored for death by being tagged and branded with the purple triangle mark on their prisoner's uniforms simply for not swear allegiance to HITLER nor make their formal salutation of raising their hands and proclaiming HEIL HITLER .

It is therefore paradoxical that those who at that time were key pieces for the Liberation of a savage and ignominious persecution of hundreds of Jehovah's Witnesses today are the ones who redesign a new purple triangle with judicial makeup against the Witnesses in Russia under the same excuses That the Nazis used: They are dangerous extremists because they are incapable of denying their faith in God to declare absolute loyalty to a system of government ...

Like all men and women on earth Jehovah's Witnesses are not perfect, they have their weaknesses and perhaps because of this superficial people and immediatist tends to generalize or question a whole community that already total more than 8 million around the world But the reality is that despite their mistakes the great majority as well as every human being honest and responsible seek to learn from them and improve dedicating that effort as an offering to God.

I have faith in God and as a man of Faith I accept and acknowledge his existence and how his word exerts influence on me by giving strength to my values and principles for which. From here I humbly appeal to Chancellor Delcy Rodriguez so that from the beginning Humanists of our Constitution endorse the request of Jehovah's Witnesses in Venezuela to the government of Russia so that their worship of Jehovah will not be outlawed or persecuted for trying to promote the first and second commandments which we can read in the book of Matthew Says: "You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind ... The second one is this: you have to love your neighbor as yourself ..."

On October 17, 1939 the New York Times reported on the first execution of a person for refusing to do military service, it was August Dickmann, a 20-year conscientious objector, a student of the Bible who was shot in the concentration camp In order to press Jehovah's Witnesses to sign the renunciation of their Faith (wearing a purple triangle in their uniform) ... My call today is to prevent again ignorance, fear and lack of respect and tolerance lead to Repeating this type of immoral conduct of persecution in the name of immoral legalities imposed by men who only think selfishly in their interests.

In short they are not an extremist sect, they are respectful of the legal framework that governs the country where they are Giving to cease what is of Caesar and to God what is of God. Their publications are widely known worldwide and their meetings are not secret, they are open to the general public so much so if they want to know more about their beliefs they will be glad to answer your questions ... It is not necessary for them to persecute you will surely knock on the door Of their house to inform them.

... let us not repeat these events and may God be ashamed of his creation ...

And to the Russian comrades I can only tell them that Jehovah protects them and gives them the strength and wisdom to cope with this situation ...

Writer Tomas Mann, a Nobel Prize-winner in Literature, exiled in Switzerland, wrote about Nazi persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses because of his faith: "In my opinion there is no greater appeal to the conscience of the world

******************************************************************************************************************************************************** 

(article so well explained and done.  Thank you for suggestion on Google Translate)

18 minutes ago, trottigy said:

The Russian authorities have used their extremism law to systematically harass the Jehovah’s Witnesses, a legally registered religious group in Russia with close to 200,000 adherents. 

Hey, it's gone up....<smile>

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The Russian Orthodox Church and Sorcery, yes, very true.   When the last Czar of all Russia existed, they had a son from among 4 daughters.  The son had inherited hemophilia through Queen Victoria's family line.  His mother was Queen Victoria's granddaughter and her mother was a daughter of Queen Victoria.    The son ALexis had this health problem, who came along from the teachings of Sorcery and every vile thing a villan  can think of!  Rasputin.   Today, the church has a new Rasputin.   Name sound familiar?  This mad monk from the fields of the vast Russian Empire, brought mayhem to the Russian Royal Family.   The Empress, worshiped this man like he was God.   The Russian Orthodox church did not support him because he got first place with the Empress and Czar.  They were jealous and eventually joined forces with other royal members who knew that he was greedy and extreme immoral person.   History shows too, that he was possessed, full of evil and he rampaged women in high society and also had his eyes on the Empresses daughters.   The Empress got wind of that, and so she removed him from all their Palaces.   He had a vast apartment mansion in St. Petersburg, not far from the Royal Residences.   He had the Czar's secret police kill those who opposed him and no questions asked.   Remind you of today?   His end came at a small party in somone's royal basement.  He was given Cynide enough to kill 5 elephants, and he was still alive.   Then one of the Czar's cousins, shot him, he empty his gun in this monk.   Prior to his death, the demons had him relate that if something happened to him, the Czar and his entire family would die.       His pals went out fo find him, and someone reported a frozen ice cube that had a human in it.   When they chiseled him out of the ice, after being poison and shot, it looked like the person who killed him had tied him up, but he managed to get his hand free and made a sign of the cross.   He was dead all right.   The demons were in him 100 percent.    What he told the Czar about his doom and theirs, people due to the Russian Orthodox church teach their flocks sorcery, and so many were superstitious.   Then WW1 busted wide open, Russia was not prepared for war and we all know that in 1917, the Russian Revolution began and then here we are and its history repeating itself, except there is no Czar, but there is a Rasputin.  

6 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

The Russian Orthodox Church and Sorcery, yes, very true.   When the last Czar of all Russia existed, they had a son from among 4 daughters.  The son had inherited hemophilia through Queen Victoria's family line.  His mother was Queen Victoria's granddaughter and her mother was a daughter of Queen Victoria.    The son ALexis had this health problem, who came along from the teachings of Sorcery and ....nd so many were superstitious.   Then WW1 busted wide open, Russia was not prepared for war and we all know that in 1917, the Russian Revolution began and then here we are and its history repeating itself, except there is no Czar, but there is a Rasputin.  

Interesting bit of history, but I am not sure what point you are making or how it fits in this thread. :confused:

Edited by Old

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 7:56 AM, GeordieGirl said:

I just can't believe that 8 million+ letters are flying across the globe from pretty much every country in the world and the MM have said nothing.  Surely someone, somewhere has picked it up. 

It's over two weeks since the letter campaign ended, I would think that all of the letters have arrived in Russia by now, has anyone read anything about our letters reaching Russia?

29 minutes ago, Sylv said:

A friend who used to be a Need Greater in Russia shared a Russian TV news clip that said 500 tons of mail has bogged down mail service in Moscow

Can you share that clip?

I estimate that it would take about 30 million letters to weigh 500 standard tons...