JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Letter Campaign Experience Thread!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2547 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

11 hours ago, rocket said:

Have to act fast, you have 10 minutes to edit after posting and then it is history.  :)

or you can ask a mod to edit for you.

Or you can have fun with mods and ask them to edit all your posts and change "is"  to "iz"

You could also mention that you didn't mean "and" but "ant'  LOL    :lol1:

O well, you are passing another pointless post .... :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Is someone able to tell me whats going on here please? Obviously the police are trying to break up a meeting ... but is it in Russia or another country?

Any help would be good.

https://youtu.be/ZNZG1YQcPDs

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

9 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Is someone able to tell me whats going on here please? Obviously the police are trying to break up a meeting ... but is it in Russia or another country?

Any help would be good.

It says "authorities in Russia interrupt Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses ". So yes, this is in Russia. This makes me very angry! Jehovah sees the injustice going on with our dear brothers and he is indignant to say the least!!

I thought it was Russia, thanks for confirmation. This has just been put up on youtube. So perhaps what Victoria said yesterday about arrests might not be far wrong. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Oh wowww !! The pope and the Catholic church obviously don't like us, but in giving the reasons why they have ended up praising us and extolling the name of God.

If you speak english - just turn the volume down and read what is written ... it's wow in a good way.

https://youtu.be/LOdq3NK5y9U

48 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I thought it was Russia, thanks for confirmation. This has just been put up on youtube. So perhaps what Victoria said yesterday about arrests might not be far wrong. 

I have seen this video months ago.. it's not recent at all.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

so we went into the post office and handed the guy our letters.  without scanning or doing anything else he said, that will be $4 and  change.  asked how he knew the amount so quickly, he said in the past week that post office must have sent over 1500 letters.  WOW:ecstatic:

19 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

aaah so just re-posted recently ... thanks for that.

Yes re-posted.

It just shows that they were causing problems all the time.

W 2011 has an interesting article on legal developments in Russia (good read)

I just came from post office to deliver our letters.

The price here is expensive, even with the Russia Embassy so near.

We had to join in one package all the mails from brothers and sisters of our congregation and asign 2 brothers to do it.

When we arrived at post office today to deliver the package it was crouded with alot of brothers and sisters  :D

It was like as small convention were you could find some brothers from other circuits, and sharing experiences about the campaign !!!!!

The post office lady said that she recieved also letters from also no witnesses willing to participate in this campaign. 

Its being a very good campaign!

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Any help would be good.

This was a few months ago, towards the end of last year.  I remember seeing it when it was first posted online.  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

13 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

This was always going to be difficult but once I actually finished a letter to President Putin I checked out the printer. All five cartridges expired in succession! Then the paper jammed and I had to clear the whole shelf to fiddle about and free it.

The "six year lifespan" bulb blew in the bedroom so I couldn't see to feed in the envelopes!

The iPad refused to change the paper size so I had to email my PC and print from there.

When it finally printed without smudging I realised it was upside down. Not wanting to trigger a diplomatic incident I printed another the right way up.

#laughingInTheFaceOfSatan

"He that ensures to the end . . ."

9 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

This was a few months ago, towards the end of last year.  I remember seeing it when it was first posted online.  

There's a lot of "fake news" going around supposedly of  the friends in Russia when it is not.   We must not be naive and think "well if the heading on Youtube says XYZ it is so" I have no idea about this but I am automatically weary of Youtube videos post of supposed "attacks " on the Russian friends posted over the last few days.  Our brothers will report what they can and what they cannot (because they do not want to put the friends in danger) we do not need to worry about.

It is not upbuilding to post unverified images of attacs on the friends as this could be discouraging and counterproductive even harmful for the brothers in these countries if the reports turn out to be false.    Don't want to sound like a grump and we are all hungry for news but felt I had to say  this as "do not trust every word"

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20151015/true-because-it-is-on-internet/

What you say is correct Sister Rosie, and only verified links are allowed on jwtalk anyway (unless its in Torts fake news thread lol) ... often like the one i posted, while it's legitimate, and that was obvious just by watching it, the timeline was not ... so Fake news is not always incorrect, but often misapplied. WHich is why I ask for feedback if anything is posted. So I think brothers and sisters for the most part if instigating a link or post are responsible in their reporting. I think sometimes though when we repost or share posts esp on social media like Facebook ... we have to be sure of the sources.

http://www.biblefriendlybooks.com/2017/03/worldwide-letter-writing-campaign.html

Now the link above is most interesting ... it talks about an event (our letter campaign) being largely ignored by the media , which is true - but maybe that's the way Jehovah wants it for now.   Another interesting point - the people from Guiness book of records may be watching. 

Edited by Stormswift

14 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Oh wowww !! The pope and the Catholic church obviously don't like us, but in giving the reasons why they have ended up praising us and extolling the name of God.

If you speak english - just turn the volume down and read what is written ... it's wow in a good way.

https://youtu.be/LOdq3NK5y9U

Yeah, I saw this a while back.

Look up some of these phrases on Watchtower Library. Don't quote me, but I believe this is an article from many years ago, but it comes up again on social media, and gets put in some online news as a result.

Just now, Thomas Walker said:

Yeah, I saw this a while back.

Look up some of these phrases on Watchtower Library. Don't quote me, but I believe this is an article from many years ago, but it comes up again on social media, and gets put in some online news as a result.

well yes, even if its older, it fits well in with the current campaign. Is he the pope that retired? 

Forgive me Sister Sandra, but everytime I see your User Name i think of soap ... we have a soap here in NZ called Dove ... well it's not really a soap but more a skin cleanser. Good product. lol.

5 minutes ago, morningdove said:

Ha!  We have it here in the US too. I used it years ago ...but my avatar is about the birds..:hugs:

I had you in mind as a chocolate coated icecream bar! :D

Dove.png

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)