JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Explosion in St. Petersburg

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2567 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

23 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Other news agency's are suggesting that the President got someone to do this

What bothers me is that if this kind of thing is said about Russia or Nazi Germany, it's news or history. But when it is said to happen in Spain, England or the USA, it's a conspiracy theory.

So today was the trial and I heard the brothers got a judge to postpone it till tomorrow.   This story was on Fox News under "WORLD".   Who would have thought Fox News would report this story.  

Every thing the brothers (lawyers for us) the judges refused to hear.  They refused everything but one thing.  Am waiting on the F&DS to let us know how this goes.   Am hoping it goes right into the G.T.   But that is not my call.  

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

So today was the trial and I heard the brothers got a judge to postpone it till tomorrow.   This story was on Fox News under "WORLD".   Who would have thought Fox News would report this story.  

Every thing the brothers (lawyers for us) the judges refused to hear.  They refused everything but one thing.  Am waiting on the F&DS to let us know how this goes.   Am hoping it goes right into the G.T.   But that is not my call.  

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/05/russian-court-mulls-jehovahs-witnesses-ban.html

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 04/04/2017 at 5:52 PM, ChocoBro said:

What bothers me is that if this kind of thing is said about Russia or Nazi Germany, it's news or history. But when it is said to happen in Spain, England or the USA, it's a conspiracy theory.

Actually it seems it's a conspiracy theory once again. If the Russian authorities had provoked that attack with the intention of blaming Witnesses they would have accused us by now. But they haven't even mentioned us. We tend to think we are a big issue for them, but actually they probably couldn't care less about us and banning us is just a favor to keep the Orthodox church happy.

On the other hand, there's an obvious reason why people find much more credible that something like this is planned by the Russian government than, say, the American government. As far as I know, in America people who speak against the government do not appear cut to pieces in some garbage dump or murdered by putting radioactive powders in their coffee. In Russia that happens quite often.

Edited by carlos

On 4/7/2017 at 8:13 AM, carlos said:

Actually it seems it's a conspiracy theory once again. If the Russian authorities had provoked that attack with the intention of blaming Witnesses they would have accused us by now. But they haven't even mentioned us. We tend to think we are a big issue for them, but actually they probably couldn't care less about us and banning us is just a favor to keep the Orthodox church happy.

This reminded me of Ecclesiastes 9:11. Sometimes we can experience random acts of violence, as we could simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time...It is all part of living in Satan's wicked system. Unfortunately we can expect to see more of this sort of thing as we get nearer and nearer to the end of this system.

On 7.4.2017 at 0:13 AM, carlos said:

Actually it seems it's a conspiracy theory once again. If the Russian authorities had provoked that attack with the intention of blaming Witnesses they would have accused us by now

I never expected them to pin it on the Witnesses. We are small fish. Lots of small fish. Annoying? Maybe. But harmless

38 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I never expected them to pin it on the Witnesses. We are small fish. Lots of small fish. Annoying? Maybe. But harmless

It's been stated before that the thing about us that the Russian authority,  or Mr Putin,  doesn't like is that he can't control us. Sure, he can outlaw us, spread us all over the country in prisons but that is it, we obey the laws, but we don't answer to him.

For an ego driven personality to be ignored, or to be considered like some clashing cymbals , it's not easy to let that slide.