JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump retaliates on Syrian Chemical Attack

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2561 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The timing of all of this is remarkable.  I wonder if Trump even knows what was the cause of his own involvement.  There are so many hot spots going on right now, there's N Korea and China in the background, and now Syria and Russia in the background.  Not to mention other countries in the middle east... wow, there's a lot going on right now.  

In his speech at the end.. Trump mentioned pursue of peace. Well..interesting times.

From transcript:

"Tonight, I call on all civilized nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria and also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.

"We ask for God's wisdom as we face the challenge of our very troubled world. We pray for the lives of the wounded and for the souls of those who have passed. And we hope that as long as America stands for justice, then peace and harmony will -- in the end -- prevail. "

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/transcript-president-trumps-remarks-us-military-strike-syria/story%3Fid%3D46639394

8 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Did you dear ones in here read the latest news on our trial on JW.ORG newsletter?   Those of you who haven't read it yet, should go there now.  It's an update from what happened today in Russia at their 2pm time.   

We're talking about it in another thread -> http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/30238-discuss-court-case-here-jworg-jehovah’s-witnesses-mobilize-global-response-to-threat-of-ban-in-russia/?page=77

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

There was an interesting comment on this as I was watching  the news. The news caster said, 

Assad killing a half million of his people by conventional weapons is ok, but killing less than a hundred by chemicals is wrong?

It was thought provoking.  We really need God's Kingdom. Humans have no real solution  to any of this. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

For many it's scary, but for us, it should be Keep on the Watch, we don't know much on details and how the demonic frogs speak, but we all know that this may lead up closer to the G.T.    Russia sent one of their smaller destroyers I guess to block the US destroyers from sending more miss-ells toward Syria.   They (US) knew all along that Russia always supported Syrian President and remember last year or 2, they were the ones who made false deal with Syria to remove the chemical weapons.  Yeah, they moved chemical weapons to another part of Syria, near their air bases to be used at another time, and that was last week.   So like Jerry, pointed out in here, we need Jehovah's Kingdom.  We have a few days left before the memorial, so its my goal to get out that really press to the people I meet get those invitations out and show that video which shows Christ's benefits for the earth and for all people who turn to his father and him.  The video is more beautiful then the headlines of death and destruction!

Nicky Haley US UN representative said,

Russia is supposed to be a guarantor of the removal of chemical weapons from Syria. Think about that. Russia is supposed to have removed all the chemical weapons from Syria, but obviously that has not happened, as innocent Syrians continue to be murdered in chemical attacks. Let’s think about the possible reasons for Russia’s failure. It could be that Russia is knowingly allowing chemical weapons to remain in Syria. It could be that Russia has been incompetent in its efforts to remove the chemical weapons. Or, it could be that the Assad regime is playing the Russians for fools, telling them that there are no chemical weapons, all the while stockpiling them on their bases.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4731560/nikki-haley-united-nations-syria-airstrikes/?source=dam

Soon .....

Ok a couple points that need to be made. THe UN has already plastered Assad with Crimes against Humanity. This is because he used Banned weapons against his own people. This Sarine gas is deadly and its its a horrible way to die. This is why the US has taking to attacking his air fields. 

The US did warn russia about this action. Why do you think Russia sent a frigate into the area to track the two US War Ships? They wanted to use their own radar to track the missiles that were launched. 

Russia is putting up a stink now to draw attention away from what they are dealing with at home. Its all a smoke and mirrors show for them. Do you honestly think the Russian government will abide by what the court says? They snubbed their nose dozens of times at the Human Rights commission. Why would they abide by anything their own court says?  Your pretty naive if you think they will. 

They assassinated dozens or reporters for bringing out news they didnt want out with radiation poisoning. What makes any of us think they wont do the same with others? Anyone that speaks out against Putin is doomed. Even if they are not speaking out against him. If your not supporting him your against him! where have we heard that before?

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Assad and the Syrian government kills thousands of people with conventional weapons and the world does not complain or shed a tear.  Assad and the Syrian government kills hundreds of people with chemical weapons and the world is up in arms.  How much sense does this make?  Apparently its not the number of deaths that matter.

24 hours later and the airbase the US attacked is back in service.  Plus, it's stated that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on a smaller scale and did not receive any condemnation or backlash.

Again with the making of much sense.

New airstrikes hit Syrian town targeted by chemical weapons

Warplanes returned Saturday to the devastated Syrian town hit by chemical weapons earlier this week, despite a U.S. missile strike on a Syrian air base that's now back in business.

Putin apparently wants to rejoin the G7, from where he was removed a few years ago, (it was the G8) and is the carrot being held out to him if he changes his policy towards Syria. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/09/putin-could-allowed-rejoin-g7-pulls-syria/

Peace and security on its way? 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:15 PM, Shawnster said:

Assad and the Syrian government kills thousands of people with conventional weapons and the world does not complain or shed a tear.  Assad and the Syrian government kills hundreds of people with chemical weapons and the world is up in arms.  How much sense does this make?  Apparently its not the number of deaths that matter.

24 hours later and the airbase the US attacked is back in service.  Plus, it's stated that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on a smaller scale and did not receive any condemnation or backlash.

Again with the making of much sense.

New airstrikes hit Syrian town targeted by chemical weapons

Warplanes returned Saturday to the devastated Syrian town hit by chemical weapons earlier this week, despite a U.S. missile strike on a Syrian air base that's now back in business.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/04/18/bashar-al-assads-war-crimes-exposed

I wonder how much of Assad's activities against his people was known throughout the world during these last 6 years? In this article it tells of the struggle to 1- find the information and 2- get the documented information out so everyone would know. Truck loads of documents.  As the article says, once the documents were disseminated it showed what Assad was up to, so when Assad chose to gas innocent people in Lebanon it may have been like the straw that broke the camel's back. Just thinking.

Could it have been much like Hitler? He was committing mass murder and it was kept relatively secret for a time. 

I have little doubt of the need for Putin and Assad to be ally's (?). Each has what the other wants. It doesn't surprise me either when they say things that they have done but yet is obvious they didn't do. Being dishonest is part of their lives, it's what they do. Like is said- smoke and mirrors.  

This isn't political talk for me its just facts that are current reality. The New Yorker article was an eyeopener for me. Now at least I can understand what's going on. Do I think it's fake news? No, it was too well documented.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Sean Spicer just hinted at a potential major shift in US policy toward Syria

POLITICS 

Sean Spicer just hinted at a potential major shift in US policy toward Syria

Pamela Engel 43m 270

White House press secretary Sean Spicer.AP Photo/Andrew Harnik

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday signaled a significant shift in US policy toward Syria, saying the Trump administration would respond to the Syrian regime barrel bombing civilians.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-spicer-assad-barrel-bombs-2017-4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

just facts that are current reality. The New Yorker article was an eyeopener for me.

It is truly sickening to read. Horrible stuff, and I would put a disclaimer to not read it, as the accounts of the torture are harrowing.  We know that we have satan thrown down to the earth with his demons.  These accounts show the horribleness of what is being done to humans in his political realm on earth.  But I believe this is a true account of this situation.

I remember when the Arab Spring started, I was doing an online course on Coursera.  There were many different nationalities on the course, and in the forums there was a thread regarding the revolution also starting in Syria.  It was from one of those activists who started out in wide-eyed hope and optimism that their country would also be free from Assad's rule, as Libya and Tunisia had been.  We in Western lands didn't have any clue what it is like to live in the Arab state dictatorships, and he described the utter corruption that existed in Syria, and how it difficult it was to live.  He came from middle-class educated background, and believed sincerely that Assad was a thug and a dictator.  They were looking for democracy to fix it.  Ha! That activist would probably be dead by now.  Those protests for democracy were taken over by ISIS, other rebel groups with their own agenda and the government brutally quashing all rebellion with civil war. 

Thankfully, Jehovah looks after his sheep-like ones who now have a chance to hear the truth in Western lands they have fled to.  May the end come soon and end this madness.  But most of all, clear Jehovah's name of the slander from murderous satan - the original manslayer.

I'm sorry Lucy if that publication bothered you.:wub: Not my intent to horrify anyone. Myself, I plain don't get politics and seldom comprehend what's going on or who is doing bad stuff. But this article answered my questions and made clear the facts. In a manner that was uncluttered by political jargon and double-speak.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

40 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I'm sorry Lucy if that publication bothered you.:wub: Not my intent to horrify anyone. Myself, I plain don't get politics and seldom comprehend what's going on or who is doing bad stuff. But this article answered my questions and made clear the facts. In a manner that was uncluttered by political jargon and double-speak.

Hey, my dear sis, you did not do anything wrong in posting . Its satan's world that is horrifying. That needs to be stressed. The article has much graphic descriptions of the torture, and that's painful to read. It has explained well how this awful Syrian crisis got out of hand.

10 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Hey, my dear sis, you did not do anything wrong in posting . Its satan's world that is horrifying. That needs to be stressed. The article has much graphic descriptions of the torture, and that's painful to read. It has explained well how this awful Syrian crisis got out of hand.

I was bothered by the depictions of the scenes too but had to rationalize that it's just Satan's system. Those poor folks are now in line for a wonderful life. So I moved on to the facts of who Assad is and the reason why he would have a relationship with Putin. After I read this I went to an article on the ROC and it's alignment with Putin because I didn't understand, firstly, who that religion was, but why they of all people were in cahoots with Putin. It's all very big and involved. All driven by greed and psychopathy. 

Then we add in China and N. Korea. And also the church bombings in Egypt by ISIS because they want to eradicate Christianity. Those of which I didn't look up because I was exhausted from all the wacko-s.

Makes me wonder how we can ever attain to Peace and Security.

31 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Makes me wonder how we can ever attain to Peace and Security.

Most likely it will be just a veneer proclamation .. they might brag about elimination of ISIS , peace deal in Syria and perhaps North Korea, better relation with Russia?

Of course is will not be "real" achievement. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I've got to stop watching the news...It's really getting to me lately.

I respect that and understand but this is too exciting for me especially the concurrent (overlapping) drama unfolding between USA and Russia and Russia and God's people. Is this developing into pushing between KOTS and KOTN? Let's see what happens after Rex Tillerson Secretary of State meeting with Russia. Let's see what happens after the court case in Russia.

IMHO, Things are going to be happening (overlapping) at break neck speed from now! Hold on tight and buckle up. Don't Give Up regional convention (RC) is going to be amazing and begins in a little more than a month! Wonder how many outlines/manuscripts may get "tweaked" for the RC?!

Well today on the news I heard (CNN) that Russia was perhaps behind the chemical drop on civilians that killed the children and adults.  Am so sick and tired of these rants.  Tonight is Jesus moment a covenant with his disciples and future ones, and the greatest gift he gave to us all, his life as a ransom, so we can have a relationship with Jehovah, be his children (soon to come) in the paradise he meant to be forever.   Our brothers and sisters in Russia, will be doing this in remembrance of him at their secret locations.  Hope its the last memorial for all of us and the Kingdom will be ruling over this planet.  Am so glad you guys in here keep stating..    "WE NEED GOD'S KINGDOM GOVERNMENT TO RULE"

No more Satanic or human ruler ship!    For some reason, I think tonight is just so special, more special then its been in years before.   So much is going on with these "world powers".    May Jehovah bless us at his son's memorial observance worldwide!