JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Taiwan has banned the eating of dogs and cats

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2559 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

http://www.france24.com/en/20170412-taiwan-bans-eating-dogs-cats?ref=tw_i

Taiwan has banned the eating of dogs and cats

Because they run out of stock?   :lol1:

Hot Dogs still on the menu? LOL

images.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I remember growing up racist kids would make fun of asians and say that they ate dogs and cats. I personally see nothing wrong with that. I think many people in western lands object to the idea of eating them because they are considered a domesticated animal or pet. I wouldn't care to eat a cat but I wouldn't hesitate to eat a dog. They seem to be lean, healthy animals. People eat everything else... racoons, snakes, squirrels and pigs so why not. Many of the animals that people eat today aren't clean animals and I would think that a dog is a clean, healthy animal.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

18 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I remember growing up racist kids would make fun of asians and say that they ate dogs and cats. I personally see nothing wrong with that. I think many people in western lands object to the idea of eating them because they are considered a domesticated animal or pet. I wouldn't care to eat a cat but I wouldn't hesitate to eat a dog. They seem to be lean, healthy animals. People eat everything else... racoons, snakes, squirrels and pigs so why not. Many of the animals that people eat today aren't clean animals and I would think that a dog is a clean, healthy animal.

My father used to tease myself whenever eat "siopao" in Chinese that they are stuffed with cat meat...

Brother Jack I dont like the idea of eating dog meat, when we are in a wedding my mother teased if its a dog meat because she is so open about that. Street foods made me think twice if the are dog meat, honestly. Its ok to made fun eating dogs and cats... :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Eating domesticated animals has always been a cultural thing. I've read that pigs & cows have around the same line of intelligence that dogs and cats do. It's hard to judge a culture that eats intelligent animals when we do also in the west, just not as taboo. I have a small dog myself, and a friend of mine likes to joke that during the great tribulation he'll be turning my chihuahua into soup stock! Since he doesn't have much meat.  :lol: I, of course, would sooner eat grass than betray my puppy. I look forward to the day when no animal will have to worry about being consumed, by humans, fellow animals or otherwise!

When I read these kinds of stories, I often think of how close Shepherds were / are to their sheep and they still eat them. I look forward to the new world when we have a proper view of animals and none will question these things. For now  - 2 eat or not 2 eat is the question.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I once lived in an area where the best Chinese restaurant was next door to a veterinary hospital. We followed Paul's advice and didn't ask any questions, just enjoyed the food.:whistling:

"Eat whatever is sold in a meat market, making no inquiry because of your conscience"

1  Corinthians 10:25

1 minute ago, Musky said:

I once lived in an area where the best Chinese restaurant was next door to a veterinary hospital. We followed Paul's advice and didn't ask any questions, just enjoyed the food.:whistling:

"Eat whatever is sold in a meat market, making no inquiry because of your conscience"

1  Corinthians 10:25

Location, location, location...

I would have wondered about medication and sedatives in the meat...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

People here use to comment that you never see street cats in the neighborhood of a Chinese restaurant. That urban legend was fostered by several reports of health inspections in Chinese restaurants that found dead cats in their fridge. But apparently those cats were for the consumption of the restaurant owners themselves, not for the customers.

On 13/04/2017 at 3:53 PM, lovejoypeace said:

I've read that pigs & cows have around the same line of intelligence that dogs and cats do.

Skyler, I can't tell about pigs but I can assure you cows are absolutely stupid. Dogs are one hundred times more intelligent than any cow.

Not that it diminishes the validity of your point in the least. :)

46 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Ive eaten cow pig chicken fish horse rabbit  . I wanna be a vegitarian now.

Did you breed it yourself?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

46 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

6 course dinner ? :whistling:

You can have a vegetarian desert now LOL :eat:

I've heard of a turduckin but what do you call a 'cow pig chicken fish horse rabbit' ?

:lol:

Hey Vincent, we are just having fun with you, welcome to the family.

:thumbsup: 

9 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

but what do you call a 'cow pig chicken fish horse rabbit' ?

It's an omelet! All mixed together .. never had it before? :whistling:

LOL ...

12 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Hey Vincent, we are just having fun with you, welcome to the family.

Yes Vincent... please don't take us seriously :backflip:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Yes Vincent... please don't take us seriously

(pssst...especially anyone from Australia mate...)

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

(pssst...especially anyone from Australia mate...)

Do we have new Aussie member on the forum? :bouncing:

I am searching forum for member called "anyone" and get zero results?????

I recon I smell "conspiracy" here (please mods feel free to move this conspiracy thread :lol1:)

4 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Do we have new Aussie member on the forum? :bouncing:

I am searching forum for member called "anyone" and get zero results?????

I recon I smell "conspiracy" here (please mods feel free to move this conspiracy thread :lol1:)

Oh Greg, conspiracy is in the sky around here. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)