JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Article about the Cross or Stake

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2518 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The myth no. 5: Christians adapted the cross from older symbols, is a half-truth. It's easy to see through the lie after thinking through on the explanation given. How can you acknowledge that the cross was a part of pagan religion before Christianity and then assert that Christian cross has no linkage to that because the Christian cross has ploughs, anchors and letters. The evidence is glaring.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

Bro. Glen,

Thank you!  My hubby was present at the Memorial and when the

brother brought up the cross and stauros - I could tell he was

intently listening.  I do not know if he believed what he heard, but

it did impact him, still waiting for him to ask some questions.  I am

saving this article as a little something extra for him.  :)

Sis

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's funny how Christendom places so much empathise on the subject of cross vs stake. Personally I don't think it matters. Even though we know it was a stake and there is ample evidence, it does not change the faith in it's self. We don't bow to or wear stake necklaces in our worship, so even if Jesus 'did' die on a cross, it would not change anything, use of the cross in worship is still idolatry either way, just like using the stake in worship would be classed as such. 

It goes to show Babylon for what it is, in that they viciously try to defend the use of the cross in worship, when they should be avoiding all forms of any idol worship anyway. Cross or stake, the instrument of Jesus' death shouldn't even be a "thing", but the reign of false Christendom along with it's idolatrous practises  has forced it into the fray. But to their detriment, since it reveals that cross worship came from ancient Babylonian religions anyway.

cross1.jpg

The fact that we know it was a stake due to accurate translation and Christendom's cross usage having proven direct links to ancient pagan practices points out just how guilty Babylon is in changing God's word to promote their pagan practices. So the instrument of Christ's death in it's self is not important, yet in a paradoxical turn, it is, not because the instrument of death in it's self is important to know, but it has been important in revealing false Christendom. 

Edited by EccentricM

15 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I think it's funny how Christendom places so much empathise on the subject of cross vs stake. Personally I don't think it matters. Even though we know it was a stake and there is ample evidence, it does not change the faith in it's self. We don't bow to or wear stake necklaces in our worship, so even if Jesus 'did' die on a cross, it would not change anything, use of the cross in worship is still idolatry either way, just like using the stake in worship would be classed as such. 

IMO that is the key point regarding the cross. The shape of the instrument of Jesus' death is irrelevant. The point is that venerating an object, praying to it or believing it has supernatural powers (even if it has the correct shape) is idolatry.

Christendom churches, even those that have a strong stand against idols, have become idolaters by using the cross.