• Announcements

• Dismal_Bliss

Upgrade at 12 NOON Eastern Time - Save Your Work   05/22/2017

Hello everyone,   We will be upgrading JWTalk Forums at 12 PM, which is in approximately 40 minutes.   This is a MAJOR server overhaul, and we will be down for some time.   During this time, accessing topics or submitting posts may not work. Please save your work until the upgrade is complete. This message will disappear and the bottom of the page will read "JWTalk 17.5.22 by Robert Angle" when complete. I will also update my status.   Your brother,   - Bob

Chocolate mug cake
6 6

5 posts in this topic

I just know that a few months down the road , some one will point to me , blame me  for making them fat by just mentioning the idea.

So I'm just going to apologize in advance ...... I'm sorry, please forgive me.

I have been looking for literally years (well, fine,  not years , but I stopped looking for a few years now and it has been years since I've made it again)  for the best recipe for chocolate mug cake, and I think , I finally found a winner.

BUT, I'm not going to post it yet... for safely,... as in my safety . But has anyone else found one that works taste-tastic-ally great?

Or should this post be deleted  for the sake of peace and  before I get banned?

Good-O and Omo_Yeme like this

ID:3   Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Mmmm.....chocolate. .....

What is a chocolate mug cake?

It's a small chocolate cake cooked in a mug (or ramekin) in the microwave, but tastes like it's baked counterpart!

It's hard to get right, so I respect anyone who creates these kinds of recipes. :D

I myself prefer this mug brownie~

a9f56825f4096d98bdc8ddb195e2cb41.jpg

Edited by lovejoypeace
Tortuga, Good-O, 1gemstone and 1 other like this

I wasn't going to do this , but you forced it out of me, lol.

Chocolate mug Cake

2 tablespoons flour

2 teaspoons of sugar (or to taste)

2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder

¼ teaspoon baking powder

Pinch of salt

2 tablespoons milk (or substitute your favorite alternative)

1 tablespoon oil

Optional: handful of mini chocolate chips or 1 tablespoon peanut butter, caramel, jam, nutella, almond butter, etc…

In a mug or bowl works too, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until no lumps remain. Stir in the milk and oil until smooth. 

Make sure you scrape your fork around the edges of the cup so you don’t get pockets of dry flour.

Bake in microwave for 1 min 5 sec (give or take 5-10 seconds, my microwave is 1250 watts just for comparison, and I am at sea level)

Good-O, Loopy, Omo_Yeme and 3 others like this

ID:5   Posted

Hehehe...tried a similar recipe a couple of years ago and it turned out...eh, welllll, horrible! (lol)  I think I'll stick with the old-fashioned way.  Thanks for sharing anyway! :)