JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

‘In America, we don’t worship government; we worship God’

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2508 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/13/trump-at-liberty-university-commencement-in-america-we-dont-worship-government-we-worship-god/?utm_term=.c842c3e8a4de

In his first commencement address as president, Donald Trump on Saturday drew a parallel between what he faces as a political outsider in Washington and what he said the Christian graduates of Liberty University can expect to encounter in a secular world.

"Be totally unafraid to challenge entrenched interests and failed power structures," Trump said. "Does that sound familiar, by the way?"

"Relish the opportunity to be an outsider," he continued. "Embrace that label. Being an outsider is fine. Embrace the label because it’s the outsiders who change the world and who make a real and lasting difference. The more that a broken system tells you that you’re wrong, the more certain you should be that you must keep pushing ahead."

Trump's address was short on scripture but cast the president as a defender of the Christian faith — a mantle he assumed throughout the campaign.

"In America, we don’t worship government," Trump declared at one point. "We worship God."

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

He claims to be a Christian as long as it works in harmony with his economic interests. He worships money. He knows nothing of what it means to follow the Christ.

Johan

politicians
they are all the same everywhere.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

I must admit, I have not had such deep belly laughs from any other administration or president.  I just recently, within the last year, have come to know Stephen Colbert is.  I watch him or tape him nightly .  He sends me to sleep with a huge laugh!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I have to admit, I get a chuckle. Now and then. Well, maybe more.

Anyhow, I keep whatever to myself. Someone in our hall said this was disrespectful. Of the man holding office. I try not to give it too much thought. Hard. My husband and daughter are just gleeful over the funny business that stems from, um, the man holding office. 

I try to think of it as a novel. Interesting, but, not much to do with me! And, I will probably put the novel down before I finish it! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I just find it humorous to see this statement "In God We Trust" on all the USA money notes.   Didn't Eisenhower add that quote in the 50's or was it someone before him?  Their god is $$$$$ no question.   I know they don't believe in the creator.   For me, its just  humorous to see that on my dollar bill and other bills.      

Edited by Allabord4Jah