JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keep on the watch . . and buckle up ! Trump Islamic Extremist Speech

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2498 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

His last statement:
I'm paraphrasing
'United no one can defeat us!'

Didn't Nimrod say that once? :lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, vern said:

dominoes are present....I can't say this is anything new that hasn't been done....but the dominoes are definitely there.

A good domino puzzle will have the key pieces left out until the puzzle is finished,  I think we are seeing some of the key pieces finally being put in place...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

From transcript:
If we do not stand in uniform condemnation of this killing—then not only will we be judged by our people, not only will we be judged by history, but we will be judged by God.

This is not a battle between different faiths, different sects, or different civilizations.

This is a battle between barbaric criminals who seek to obliterate human life, and decent people of all religions who seek to protect it.

This is a battle between Good and Evil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am proud to announce that the nations here today will be signing an agreement to prevent the financing of terrorism, called the Terrorist Financing Targeting Center – co-chaired by the United States and Saudi Arabia, and joined by every member of the Gulf Cooperation Council. It is another historic step in a day that will be long remembered.

Here I thought this was going to be a thread about cars, driving, safety on the road ...... silly me, it's just ANOTHER thread about Trump and his speech :(

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Of course, there is still much work to do.

That means honestly confronting the crisis of Islamist extremism and the Islamist terror groups it inspires. And it means standing together against the murder of innocent Muslims, the oppression of women, the persecution of Jews, and the slaughter of Christians.

Religious leaders must make this absolutely clear: Barbarism will deliver you no glory – piety to evil will bring you no dignity. If you choose the path of terror, your life will be empty, your life will be brief, and YOUR SOUL WILL BE CONDEMNED.

And political leaders must speak out to affirm the same idea: heroes don’t kill innocents; they save them. Many nations here today have taken important steps to raise up that message. Saudi Arabia’s Vision for 2030 is an important and encouraging statement of tolerance, respect, empowering women, and economic development.

Here I thought this was going to be a thread about cars, driving, safety on the road ...... silly me, it's just ANOTHER thread about Trump and his speech

Sorry for your "silliness"... See my PM.

Why Why Why do you even think about all this. Read the DIRECTION from Jehovah, do not get involved, if you have an opinion on the matter then satan has you nibbling at the BAIT. "bad associations spoil" and even thinking about how to solve the Trump situation or the Russian situation starts you down the "road that is spacious".

From David

23 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Here I thought this was going to be a thread about cars, driving, safety on the road ...... silly me, it's just ANOTHER thread about Trump and his speech :(

Do you ever walk into a room full of people and hear just one conversation? 

Do you ever go into a restaurant that offers just one item?

Lighten up and enjoy the variety...

34 minutes ago, Soala said:

Bro David, I think that's just the transcript of his speech on here.

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

Yes, it was just excerpts from Mr. Trump's speech.

It will be interesting to see if this changes anything. I found it interesting that they set a date of 2030 to accomplish this. Only 13 years from now. Will this system continue that long? We'll have to stay alert and see.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Why Why Why do you even think about all this. Read the DIRECTION from Jehovah, do not get involved, if you have an opinion on the matter then satan has you nibbling at the BAIT. "bad associations spoil" and even thinking about how to solve the Trump situation or the Russian situation starts you down the "road that is spacious".
From David

Dear David,
Those are excerpts from POTUS Trump i transcript...

Here is the whole transcript from a couple of sources:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/21/politics/trump-saudi-speech-transcript/index.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/21/full-transcript-trumps-speech-to-the-arab-islamic-american-summit-238654

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Yes, it was just excerpts from Mr. Trump's speech.

It will be interesting to see if this changes anything. I found it interesting that they set a date of 2030 to accomplish this. Only 13 years from now. Will this system continue that long? We'll have to stay alert and see.

I think this is only for Saudi-Arabia? 

https://www.meed.com/research-reports/saudi-arabia-2017-delivering-vision-2030/5016010.article

I hope there will be some more speeches about peace in the next few days.

I think this is only for Saudi-Arabia? 

https://www.meed.com/research-reports/saudi-arabia-2017-delivering-vision-2030/5016010.article

I hope there will be some more speeches about peace in the next few days.

POTUS Trump travels to Bethlehem and then Vatican to get the major Abrahamic faiths to combat radical extremism... There will be more speeches about peace!
Itinerary:
http://time.com/4784027/president-trump-foreign-trip/

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Do you ever walk into a room full of people and hear just one conversation? 

Do you ever go into a restaurant that offers just one item?

Lighten up and enjoy the variety...

:shrugs:

Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything .....

When I see a title that says, "Keep on the watch . . and buckle up !" my first thought is NOT a thread about Trump.

To be clear, I did go and look at the link ...... but, I could not find any mention of "POTUS" :confused:  :nope:  :wall:

I agree that the variety of subjects is what keeps a good forum lively ...... However, I like the titles of the threads to more closely relate what the thread is actually about. But, that could just be me.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

When I saw the title, I thought it had to do with something from jw.org or something in relation to current events. I see the interest and correlation between keeping on the watch with the prominent part of Rev 13:11 seemingly being on the move and figuratively needing to buckle up.

From the 2016 #2 Watchtower:

BE ALERT TO THE CHANGING TIDE
We cannot determine the specific date of the end of all wickedness and suffering, for Jesus said: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” Nonetheless, Jesus encouraged us to “keep on the watch.” (Matthew 24:36; 25:13) For what? The Bible gives us a description of world conditions that would exist before God brings the end. Just as the sudden shifting of the tide alerted the residents of Simeulue to an approaching tsunami, the dramatic shifting of the tide of world events would signal to us that the end is near. The accompanying box highlights some of the dramatic changes the Bible speaks of.
Granted, taken individually, some of the events or conditions listed in the box have occurred in the past to some extent. But Jesus said that upon seeing “all these things,” we would know that the end is close at hand. (Matthew 24:33) Ask yourself, ‘When in history have all the things described (1) taken place on a global scale, (2) occurred at the same time, and (3) progressed to an unprecedented extent?’ Clearly, we are living in such a time