JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trouble with JW Broadcasting

I have an iPad mini and am having trouble accessing JW Broadcasting. It just sits there with that circle showing it loading but won't go any further. Is there something wrong with JW broadcasting or is there something wrong with my ipad?

I have an iPad mini and am having trouble accessing JW Broadcasting. It just sits there with that circle showing it loading but won't go any further. Is there something wrong with JW broadcasting or is there something wrong with my ipad?

Try another browser, such as Chrome.

Johan

Johan

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

27 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Johan

Johan

Johan

Which browser do you, do you, do you use?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I use an iPad with Safari browser. I just opened JW broadcasting page and it opened fine. Could be from your iPad itself. Maybe memory issues. Can you close the safari browser and then open it later? Do other websites load on the Safari? Those are questions you can look at.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It's the app that posts it several times. Bug?

Johan

Glad I don't have that bug! :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

the swirly can be all kinds of things........  could just be simple ISP issues between your computer thru the chain to JW.org servers.......
may have nothing to do with your computer...or your house....or your modem.....but be the ISP equipment in your nieghborhood.
could be that patches are being sent out causing problems....

could be over used network traffic because of huge idiots doing DDOS  attacks in the world

or......  could be that your hard drive is starting to go bad.........
Or..... that your memory is throwing out errors and your computer is having a hard time reading everything....

or..... microsoft(or whatever OS) is stealth downloading patches on your device.....

If it keeps being an issue.... make sure your up to date with drivers........and if still an issues... test your memory and hard drive to make sure...

I have been blaming all these problems on the programs, on my internet provider, on my hard drive and then I see you have finally hit the nail on the head, it is my memory!

Oh so soon it departs.

....Er, er,  what are we talking about here? :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

10 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It's the app that posts it several times. Bug?

Johan

Sorry Brother Johan, I have no clue if it's a bug or glitch or whatever,  I am not real techy...

My 'shiny' comment is a reference to an old sci-fi series,  Firefly, that was popular a few years back.  The characters used that term often when describing something, I was borrowing the term and misapplied it in reference to the word 'chrome'...

If you are into watching sci-fi the series is neat, it only lasted one season but succeded in becoming a classic with a lot of followers. 

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TcwNCkzLgEADEwCkQ&q=Firefly&oq=firef&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l2j46.7959j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Good morning. We just recently had a brother in our congregation with the same issue with JW Broadcasting. To solve the issue he went into "Settings" on his iPad. Then scroll down to "Safari,"then scroll to "Block Cookies." Tap on "Block Cookies," then tap on "Allow from Websites I Visit." After these steps he was able to open JW Broadcasting without an issue. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you know.... we did recently notice that JW.org was getting flagged with some new security thingy's...  one we fixed by closing out the wifi connection and redoing it and it reset the date of the .....cookie/license....forget what its called.. but the wifi license/cookie was to old...

• 8 months later...

I wonder if anyone can help me with a similar problem (if not the same) that was mentioned by the op.  Different device - a smart TV, Samsung, which won't load tv.jw.broadcasting. It just has the endless looping circle of loading, and seems to have only just happened.  This is for my mum's TV, and she is not nearby so I can't trouble-shoot, but these are the rather vague symptoms. 

Has anyone else been able to sort this out?  It seems from the suggestions above it may be time to re-authenticate cookies, or clear the cache.  However, on a smart tv, does this work the same way as a computer's browser (ie, can you even access those settings to do that?).  BTW, all other things do stream fine, such as Stan, and other websites do open, so we know it's not the internet or ISP, but some relationship between the browser and tv.jw.broadcasting.  Appreciate any help!

A friend bought my mum a brand new smart TV (Hisense) especially for the broadcasts and had the same problem with it not loading, she was so disappointed I bought her an Apple TV to use with it but she couldn't master the remote control and kept forgetting how to use it. She gave up and started watching the broadcasts on You Tube,  I know she's an old rebel. I have  a Sony on which it won't load and a Samsung which is newer and it works fine. I thought it was because of the browser the TV uses and I've never found an answer for it. 

An update:

My sister is trying to fix my mum's smart TV after it suddenly stopped loading the broadcast (other internet sites work fine).  She's been able to do a work-around by fiddling with the resolution on the settings - either through the browser or through the tv settings, I'm not sure.  It was set to "automatic" resolution, but now she manually has to adjust it every time they watch anything on tv.jw.org.  A bit of a pain, but maybe this info may help others here with similar problems.  

Check your resolution settings!

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem with a Samsung tablet and a Fujitsu tablet, both with Android 4.0. JW Broadcasting suddenly stopped working this year. I installed other browsers but no one worked, but then I installed Dolphin browser on both tablets and now everything works perfectly. (My newer with Android 6 works perfectly regardless of browser.)

On 3/20/2018 at 1:48 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

Just in case this is related to issues in this thread, Rocket posted this solution in another thread.  (Worth a try!)

This issue has been reported to jw.org and I was informed that the issue has been reported multiple times and is being looked into. I also gave them my work-around and the issue I was told about with flash player not being supported in the Samsung browsers.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25