JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's Witness was attacked by husband who feared she was going to cancel Christmas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2493 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jehovah's Witness was attacked by husband who feared she was going to cancel Christmas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/30/jehovahs-witness-attacked-husband-feared-going-cancel-christmas/

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 minutes ago, Sylv said:

"He was fined a total of £666".  Hmmmm.

Sad for the sister and the children.

At least he showed a good Christmas spirit.

...where is that sarcasm icon...?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Sylv said:

"He was fined a total of £666".  Hmmmm.

Sad for the sister and the children.

Did the amount have anything to do with the mark of the wild beast?

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

33 minutes ago, minister159 said:

Did the amount have anything to do with the mark of the wild beast?

Did one of the reindeer leave something on the roof?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

Was this image that you posted Tortuga, from the original "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" by any chance?

I Want It Now.JPG

Yes

Just now, Tortuga said:

Yes

Veruca Salt or something of that ilk if I remember correctly.

Gene Wilder was a fantastic actor and came across as a really genuine person.

It's bigger on the inside!

My mother faced exactly the same situation when we were very little. My father wanted Christmas, and she had been newly baptized after returning to the truth. So she put her foot down and said that if HE wanted Christmas, she wasn't going to oppose him, but she couldn't participate. So he did everything from cooking to the tree to the presents ... (He was a very good cook) ... and after that day, he declared that he will never ever again celebrate Christmas as it was too much work! (He did go on to have an annual family party though for no reason at all, where we all got a lovely gift each and had lots of family there so that was okay with Mum and fun for us and he loved it).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."