JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Storm might be heading to the Gulf

Hi Randy. We had a bad storm driving from Grapevine to Denton yesterday. High winds, heavy rain and some hail. At least not baseball size hail this time. lol

Do you live on the Gulf Coast in Texas? We have contemplated moving down towards Galveston but ran into some info on hurricane insurance being high on top of your regular homeowners insurance. Do you know if that's true and how much?

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:59 AM, M&M said:

Hi Randy. We had a bad storm driving from Grapevine to Denton yesterday. High winds, heavy rain and some hail. At least not baseball size hail this time. lol

Do you live on the Gulf Coast in Texas? We have contemplated moving down towards Galveston but ran into some info on hurricane insurance being high on top of your regular homeowners insurance. Do you know if that's true and how much?

Michael, I also live close to  the Gulf. 70 miles west of Houston; but Only about 35 miles north of Palacios.  Galveston area hit hard last hurricane there. We usually only get rain & strong winds here, so far. But, I lost my mobile home insurance completely, 2 hurricanes ago.  Still have insurance on house I rent; about $400. yr. But a new company wants $1200. to insure it. We like it here because almost No snow. ( 6 times in 35 years). Lots of humidity here now & most of year. And HOT.

8 hours ago, steeringwheel said:

We like it here because almost No snow. ( 6 times in 35 years).

As much as I dislike winter here in Upper Michigan I'll take that instead if tornadoes, hurricanes & earthquakes any day. 

Course with the end so close who knows what Jehovah will use during the end,

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Hi Eliza Jane. What part of North Texas? Our Kingdom Hall is in Denton. We used to go to the one in Argyle.

Hi Charles, that heat and humidity is  killer. 

Hi Linda. When we used to live in the County a tornado came down across the street from us. My wife was filming and then ran in when it was coming down. I didn't want to miss it so I started trying to figure out how to use the video on my phone but then the door handle I was holding on to got sucked out of my hand and the storm door closed. That scared me and I gave up and went inside. It got quiet so I looked out and it was gone. I found it on youtube where a Church down the road had videotaped it. It was like a side ways ribbon tornado. When it came down, it just went straight back up. Another one about that same time had tossed by baby pen for chickens over the barbed wire fence and tore apart my garden shed but no major damage. I thought it was straight line winds but my wife says it was another tornado. 

Experienced 2 earthquakes in Hawaii. The first one I thought it was the spin cycle of their washing machine as it shook the house when we used it. My wife corrected that thought as she wasn't doing laundry. lol.  I experienced a very mild one last year in Shady Shores. I think they said it was really in Oklahoma but I felt it here.

Hi Eliza Jane. What part of North Texas? Our Kingdom Hall is in Denton. We used to go to the one in Argyle.

Hi Charles, that heat and humidity is  killer. 

Hi Linda. When we used to live in the County a tornado came down across the street from us. My wife was filming and then ran in when it was coming down. I didn't want to miss it so I started trying to figure out how to use the video on my phone but then the door handle I was holding on to got sucked out of my hand and the storm door closed. That scared me and I gave up and went inside. It got quiet so I looked out and it was gone. I found it on youtube where a Church down the road had videotaped it. It was like a side ways ribbon tornado. When it came down, it just went straight back up. Another one about that same time had tossed by baby pen for chickens over the barbed wire fence and tore apart my garden shed but no major damage. I thought it was straight line winds but my wife says it was another tornado. 
Experienced 2 earthquakes in Hawaii. The first one I thought it was the spin cycle of their washing machine as it shook the house when we used it. My wife corrected that thought as she wasn't doing laundry. lol.  I experienced a very mild one last year in Shady Shores. I think they said it was really in Oklahoma but I felt it here.

Hi M&M. I am in North Dallas now visiting family. When my children were young, we lived in Mesquite. So we used to go to Denton for the assemblies.

Sent from my Alcatel_5056O using Tapatalk