JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fatal stabbing at a KH in the UK

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2272 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, stuagu said:

How shocking and sad for our dear brother and his family, and his congregation. My prayers are being said in their behalf.

i was alone working at our kingdom hall today, it certainly is a painful reminder to me of these terrible times in which we live. 

Christian love to all. 

Gu 

I keep thinking how all the brother was doing was working on the Kingdom Halls alarm system...I am sure

he felt like he was safe at that point...you couldn't see something like what happened to him...coming ....because

it surely came out of left field at him.:(

What awful news and in God's house too. Nothing is sacred anymore. Someone else to personally mention in our prayers.

Its such a lovely part of the UK and the last place I'd expect something like that to happen. Such a shame that this atrocity has happened to our brother.

Edited by Stoffer

It's bigger on the inside!

This world is demented. Another hateful act perpetrated against an innocent victim for no apparent reason. How must Jehovah feel as he looks down on this earth and see this happen to one of his obedient and peaceful children. 

I have family, non-witnesses, living near Honiton and have been to the area and as Stoffer says ^^ it's a beautiful and peaceful part of the country and not somewhere you would expect something like this to happen. It just shows that the madness and evil is everywhere. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Sad that happened to anyone especially one of our brothers. Didn't realize that jwtalk was so large as to even have a couple in this thread that actually had ties to the brother. My heart goes out to y'all and his other loved ones as well. Happening to our brother taking care of spiritual assignments really hits close to home. 

(Zechariah 2:8) For this is what Jehovah of armies says, who after being glorified has sent me to the nations that were plundering you: ‘Whoever touches you touches the pupil of my eye.

People are truly crazed and "faint out of fear". Can you imagine how Jehovah and Jesus felt to not act and allow it to happen because of Satan's perverse and ridiculous accusation that we will never be loyal to Jehovah if our own lives are invovled?!!!!  It had to be so hard for them to let this situation unfold and not interfere, knowing the sorrow it would cause for so many and because of their love for this self-sacrificing loyal servant.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

This is the latest news I've been able to find on the case via the local website:

http://www.devonlive.com/murder-probe-town-shocked-by-stabbing-of-jehovah-s-witness/story-30379223-detail/story.html

Keith Beviss, 54, appeared in court on Thursday morning charged with his murder.

The rest of the article is mostly interviews of the residents saying "this kind of thing doesn't happen here."

16 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

This is the latest news I've been able to find on the case via the local website:

http://www.devonlive.com/murder-probe-town-shocked-by-stabbing-of-jehovah-s-witness/story-30379223-detail/story.html

The rest of the article is mostly interviews of the residents saying "this kind of thing doesn't happen here."

Still no motive?

10 minutes ago, Jothob said:

Thank you... it's just so sad. I'm going to send a card for his dear wife Sandra to let her know we're all praying for her.....

Please do this sister, at an appropriate time please assure her of our love and prayers. 

Christian love and thnx 

gu 

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Josie, it would be nice for our sister to know all of us from all over the world have heard and are keeping her and her family in our prayers. I don't know how you could convey that in your note though.

All of our names could be signed onto the card but that would be very tedious,  and redundant...the entire worldwide association of brothers grieves with her.

We all feel the same about this wicked system and its inhabitants,  we all long for the coming new system of God's under our King Jesus. 

19 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Josie, it would be nice for our sister to know all of us from all over the world have heard and are keeping her and her family in our prayers. I don't know how you could convey that in your note though.

Please rest assured I will convey the love & thoughts from all of us around the world in my card. I know it was an enormous comfort for me getting cards from far & wide of people I didn't even know. It sustained a crushed heart, & I know it will do the same for our dear sister. :-)

21 hours ago, Jothob said:

Still no motive?

It seems in today's world people are killing just because they can. Chicago, Detroit and any other place in the world. kids can't even play in their own yard without getting killed or badly hurt. 

My heart goes out to this family. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

37 minutes ago, Loopy said:

It seems in today's world people are killing just because they can. Chicago, Detroit and any other place in the world. kids can't even play in their own yard without getting killed or badly hurt. 

My heart goes out to this family. 

Yup, pretty much par for the course everywhere these days. 7 shot last night in Fort Worth. Unfortunately, it's seems to happen so much these days that I don't think it really phases people like it used to.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/7-injured-2-killed-in-fort-worth-shooting/447603112

Remember talk about violence (b. Morris???? ..my memory fails October 2016?)

In the talk brother mentioned that Jehovah will step in shortly because of prevalent violence

I am simply in shock...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 2017-6-10 at 8:55 PM, M&M said:

Yup, pretty much par for the course everywhere these days. 7 shot last night in Fort Worth. Unfortunately, it's seems to happen so much these days that I don't think it really phases people like it used to.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/7-injured-2-killed-in-fort-worth-shooting/447603112

It may do in the USA (due to not banning guns, mainly) but in the UK and especially in Devon of all places, this is a very rare occurrence.

29 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

It may do in the USA (due to not banning guns, mainly) but in the UK and especially in Devon of all places, this is a very rare occurrence.

Thanks. I didn't think of that. I grew up in bad parts of Dallas (Oak Cliff and Pleasant Grove) until I was 14. Violence and sirens were a regular occurrence back then, from the news, even more so now.

16 minutes ago, BibleSteve said:

certainly not a rare occurrence in Britains cities where violence is rife, constant news items of stabbings etc especially amongst the younger generations.

Glad I moved to Spain when I did then... almost two decades ago!

It used to be that Nottingham was the most violent city outside of London but even then, if you avoided the two main rival drug areas, then you were usually OK.

Court case adjourned until 6th July. :(

Beviss appeared before Judge Geoffrey Mercer, QC, for a preliminary hearing at which Miss Tara Woolf, defending, did not make a bail application.

The judge adjourned the case for a preliminary hearing at Exeter Crown Court on July 6 and remanded him in custody.

Source: http://www.devonlive.com/honiton-murder-accused-appears-before-crown-court-judge/story-30381269-detail/story.html

On 6/9/2017 at 4:19 PM, Stoffer said:

"alleged"?! I find this terminology ludicrous.  It is an undeniable fact that he was murdered!!  (Not suicide nor MIA but his life was deliberately taken away.)

(But I digress...my apologies.)