JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How Did You Find jwtalk.net?

I was reinstated in Oct of 2006, I had stopped most of my wasting time on the computer but needed something to fill the gap. I had a member of Klemetti site and it was using the same name,  jwtalks, mostly because it was a talk repository along with a forum.

I had a systems failure and lost a bunch of stuff,  including the link to Steves place.  I Goggled jwtalks and got 2 returns,  one for Steves, the other one for here. I lurked a lot and finally joined in Oct of 2010 while recovering from knee surgery and have been having fun harassing family ever since. ..

I had stayed away from JW forums for several years, but in October 2013 there were a lot of rumours about a new NWT. The day of the Annual Meeting I was impatient to hear some news so I did a search for JW sites that mentioned the Annual Meeting. I joined JWTalk, began participating, and have been hooked ever since. Now my virtual congregation is a very important part of my life.

Searching for info on the extremist court case, I came across the forum topic , "Discuss Court Case here." I read all the entries fascinated by other JW's letter writing experiences. Then I started following all the future hearings in real time on JW talk. I joined soon after the verdict and haven't looked back since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very skeptical of non-official JW sites, but my Mom recommended it to me because of the membership criterial over a year ago. I signed up one day, made a few posts and disappeared forever. Or, you know, a year. I came back and started posting regularly and found myself becoming attached. No turning back now!

As I have done with other forums I use, I Googled a search for JW forums. I found more than one. I "lurked" one the ones I thought looked most promising. After several months of this, I eliminated the others and joined this one.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 minutes ago, Qapla said:

As I have done with other forums I use, I Googled a search for JW forums. I found more than one. I "lurked" one the ones I thought looked most promising. After several months of this, I eliminated the others and joined this one.

So glad you did :)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

35 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Hey! That's my story! :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I didn't realized it was losted? :raspberry:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I used to be on answerbag and enjoyed it.  Off and on over the years over the years there  were several JW's there and it closed down a couple of years ago. It reopened completely different now and I don't understand how it works now. I went  looking for a site with JW's in it. Don't remember what search words I used, jw chat, jw talk or something. From what I remember, everything else was either dating sites or run by apostates. Now I's be here!

A friend of mine mentioned "JWTalk" and I asked what that was. She told me some about it, so I looked it up and liked what I saw. I joined quite some time ago and I love it. It is "my congregation" since I am house-bound and  rarely get to the KH any more. What we get is "electronically". I listen to the meetings on the phone, and we have to "attend' the conventions by computer, thanks to our

elder body. My elderly elder husband has had to join me listening on the phone. It  just appalls me when when someones makes an accusation about something they know nothing about, case in point, as I was listening to a meeting on the phone, one of the elders cautioned about stuff we could get into on line  "such as  apostate sites like JWTalk." I wanted so much to counter what he said but I couldn't contact him so I talked to the COBE about it. I didn't feel like my point got across but I had to think of the Proverb that we have to know of what we speak.:crackwhip:

On 6/9/2017 at 7:15 PM, normaclutter said:

"Pink popcorn" turned me on to it. 

I hope she is well,  I haven't seen her here for some time and wish her the best. .

I know she suffers everyday,  this nasty world and it's health problems get all of us at times and it doesn't help if we are extra sensitive to certain things. ..

Please tell her we miss her. ..

I searched for 'watchtower library on iPad' and found meekspace.org. Someone mentioned this forum, I see him here occasionally but can't remember his name!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Lurked a while, considered registering, wasn't sure.......then when the court case in Russia happened, due to the nature of our secular work, this was the best website to access for up to date news as the court case progressed. Seemed a bit mean to use the forum for info and not give anything back, will admit to being a little bit wary but now on seeing the forum in full, I do think the Mods do a very good job in keeping the site free from those who would like to create havoc.

And it just brings our global family a little bit closer :):) 

I joined JWtalk by accident...Had been tuning in to JW central ( a great repository of talks by our brothers) for a while...This particular day;....in this usual routine; I clicked on the JWtalk link on the browser; unintentionally, Had been quite wary of the JW -something websites ( either than JW.org)  as some of them are actually run by  apostates; but something told me that this forum is different....it just seemed led-git!!! Tried to join in.....discovered that  the entry criteria was quite stringent ( delightfully so).....It took me two full days to be accepted by the moderators ( my fault entirely)........three years down the line....I must say that I am happy I did...!!!

Many moons ago I use to be a part of site called Witnesses.net."  It was fine for some time but, after awhile, the administrator (i.e. Obed) began to question some aspects of Jehovah's organization and took a critical view of several Biblical teachings.  To my chagrin, he eventually allowed staunch opposers onto that site.  (I got out of there as fast as I could and never looked back.)

Fastforward 2015:  I kept seeing "JWTalk" in many of my Google searches when doing personal research and I admit that curiosity got the best of me.  So I signed up and now here I am.  I'm so glad I did! :)

18 hours ago, Vido said:

I joined JWtalk by accident...Had been tuning in to JW central ( a great repository of talks by our brothers) for a while...This particular day;....in this usual routine; I clicked on the JWtalk link on the browser; unintentionally, Had been quite wary of the JW -something websites ( either than JW.org)  as some of them are actually run by  apostates; but something told me that this forum is different....it just seemed led-git!!! Tried to join in.....discovered that  the entry criteria was quite stringent ( delightfully so).....It took me two full days to be accepted by the moderators ( my fault entirely)........three years down the line....I must say that I am happy I did...!!!

"JW central"  Is that a JW safe website?     I 

"JW -something websites ( either than JW.org)  as some of them are actually run by  apostates"  I prety much found out the same thing when I finally started learning how to use the internet.

18 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Many moons ago I use to be a part of site called Witnesses.net."  It was fine for some time but, after awhile, the administrator (i.e. Obed) began to question some aspects of Jehovah's organization and took a critical view of several Biblical teachings.

That's sad. 

3 hours ago, M&M said:

"JW central"  Is that a JW safe website?     I 

"JW -something websites ( either than JW.org)  as some of them are actually run by  apostates"  I prety much found out the same thing when I finally started learning how to use the internet.

That's sad. 

yes

I can't remember! 

I either was simply looking for a JW forum, as I had previously been on other non-witness forums, but figured I'd be better off interacting with brothers online as opposed to worldy sites and being affected by their influences. 

For a while I was, I look back to some of my old posts on those websites and do regret some of them as it's clear that I was not living up to my best in terms of Christians conduct and that my interaction with the world over time had somewhat sullied my spiritual standards.  

So, learning from the past and putting that aside and interacting less in those places, I still found the need for a place of social interaction and deep discussions. I don't really get this opportunity in every day life. There isn't anyone in my family really are up for really deep topics or do not have the mindset/capacity for it. Their strengths lie in living in the real world, the 5 senses and being practical, I'm rather the odd one out in my family in this regard, I'm the only one who really talks and thinks about deep things, is an intense ponderer and daydreamer. Being who I am I have a need to express and share this with others.

It was great finding a website that was not creeping with apostates  where I can interact with other JW's this way. How I found it... I don't know if I searched for JW forums, or if I was researching a deep Biblical topic, and came across  this site in the google results in relation to that topic. (Most likely the latter).  Oh! I think I remember, I was googling the name and version of the old kingdom song used in our "100 years and counting "video. "Our King is Marching On" aka; "Glory, Glory Hallelujah". That lead me to the topic on this website which there was a post talking about it. From there I explored the rest of this site before signing up, and loved it, in particular the deep research section sealed the deal, as it has so many topics that I myself had thoughts and questions on.  It was nice finding like minded brothers and such a rich source of information and discussion that wasn't fouled by false Christendom or apostasy.

Edited by EccentricM