JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Short film ideas

Do anyone like and practice videography?

I love creating/editing videos. I have an idea to create short (up to 5 min) film about ... [insert your idea here :D]. Maybe anybody have a full bag of ideas? Please share them with me. I'd love an idea about spiritual things, it would be more interesting to create and edit!

If any thoughts will come to mind, be sure to write it down!

Let me hear an example in real life :huh:

1) How has it been understood by various groups through history.
2) How does the Bible show us the proper understanding.
3) How has this prophecy affected people down to our day.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

1) How has it been understood by various groups through history.
2) How does the Bible show us the proper understanding.
3) How has this prophecy affected people down to our day.

Johan

I feel that I didn't explain properly. I'm talking about short filmed story. For example, subject called "Personal Bible Study". Film would be about how one man/women tries to study personally, and what prevents him/her to do that. Maybe it's leisure activities, maybe job, anything. It would be a real life story about spiritual things :) That's only an example.

Edited by Intercore

Not sure how this would be but, here is a thought:

Notice, this would take quite some time to film, the key is in the editing.

Film a flower growing from bud to full bloom. Then film the same or another flower from full bloom to "dead".

Edit the video so that the two flowers are right next to each other. Make the playback be in "fast forward" time. It would show the difference in time, if there is any, in the birth/death of a flower

DIsclaimer: you said to post "I have an idea to create short (up to 5 min) film about ... [insert your idea here ]" - you did not say it had to be a "good" idea :lol:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

12 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Not sure how this would be but, here is a thought:

Notice, this would take quite some time to film, the key is in the editing.

Film a flower growing from bud to full bloom. Then film the same or another flower from full bloom to "dead".

Edit the video so that the two flowers are right next to each other. Make the playback be in "fast forward" time. It would show the difference in time, if there is any, in the birth/death of a flower

DIsclaimer: you said to post "I have an idea to create short (up to 5 min) film about ... [insert your idea here ]" - you did not say it had to be a "good" idea :lol:

Cool idea! I'm not sure if I can film a blooming flower (all the process), but I can search of that type of video in the Youtube or other video platform :D But what can be its undercurrent? What is the main idea?

There are several undercurrents here:

• Don't be vain ... It does not matter how you look - in the end, death makes us all look the same
  • Regardless of the "worldly accomplishments" one makes, in this system, death overshadows them
  • Only humans were intended to live forever on the earth
  • Even when we are at our best (full bloom), time marches on and this old system affects us all

I'm sure there are others, these are just a few "off the top of my head"

20 minutes ago, Qapla said:

There are several undercurrents here:

• Don't be vain ... It does not matter how you look - in the end, death makes us all look the same
  • Regardless of the "worldly accomplishments" one makes, in this system, death overshadows them
  • Only humans were intended to live forever on the earth
  • Even when we are at our best (full bloom), time marches on and this old system affects us all

I'm sure there are others, these are just a few "off the top of my head"

Wow, perfect thoughts! I agree with these ideas, need to try only. 

Irmantas, Here's some suggestions for you, whatever ideas you come up with, write a screenplay.  A story needs a beginning, a middle, and an end.  You need a script to follow to put your ideas on film, then transfer the media for editing, adding sound, etc.  Five minutes goes pretty quick.  It might be easier 15 or 30 minute short.

7 hours ago, alohapaulette said:

Irmantas, Here's some suggestions for you, whatever ideas you come up with, write a screenplay.  A story needs a beginning, a middle, and an end.  You need a script to follow to put your ideas on film, then transfer the media for editing, adding sound, etc.  Five minutes goes pretty quick.  It might be easier 15 or 30 minute short.

How I would like to! But I'm alone at filming videos, so if there would be any friends to help me to film a video, then it would be completely different situation. But now I can't film longer video or create serious script because I'm alone! :D

1 hour ago, Intercore said:

How I would like to! But I'm alone at filming videos, so if there would be any friends to help me to film a video, then it would be completely different situation. But now I can't film longer video or create serious script because I'm alone! :D

I see.  Since you have internet access, try scriptbuddy.com.  Having a script is not an absolute, but a helpful tool for you use.  You can write your ideas down and plan your shots for action and/or dialogue.  Even if the dialogue is Voice Over (VO).

• 1 month later...

We had a music video about what a cart sees while in service. Depending on how service is conducted in your area - for instance, if there is some type of public ministry unique to your location - you could do some sort of video about that.

I Googled your locale (Raudėnai, Lithuania) and noticed it does not look like where I live in Florida, USA. You could do a "virtual tour" of the area where you live.

Do you have some sort of hobby - other than movie making? You could make a short about that.