JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Third Gender Now in Oregon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2497 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, there are some places that have single toilet rooms. But there's so many, in my country, that have multiple toilets in 1 room. The simple solution to this whole sordid topic would be installations of single stalls. But that costs money, who's going to pay for that?

You don't need a wall, just a separation, which is there anyway, and most would be fine with a communal washing area, so maybe just one for those who aren't.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Actually, it does take more space since a "wall" is much wider/thicker than a "divider. Also, unless you add some kind of public handwashing area, each cubical would also need it's own sink. Much more space and expense.

Yeah, I thought of that. But I can't imagine it would be too drastic in taking up space. Perhaps you'd be a couple of toilets down, unless you expand the area as you say. As for the sinks, one per cubical would be fine I imagine since you get multiple sinks in one bathroom anyway. It's just dividing them into the separate rooms as opposed to having them in one room. 

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

"Shupe plans to apply for a non-binary driver's license on July 3, alongside their wife, Sandy. The two plan to have a small celebratory dinner afterward."

Now that Shupe is non-gender, his wife is referred to as their wife.

Because we do not have gender neutral pronouns, plural pronouns are used. 

4 hours ago, EccentricM said:

. As for the sinks, one per cubical would be fine I imagine since you get multiple sinks in one bathroom anyway. It's just dividing them into the separate rooms as opposed to having them in one room. 

Just use the bowl, I mean,  it's right there ....