JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Released After 20 Years in Prison

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2493 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I watched the video and read the article,  I am glad I read the whole thing because I almost got sidetracked by an advertisement that blocked most of the page  (on an 8inch tablet ) and I thought that was the whole article.  

The last paragraph is the only place it mentioned our Brothers faith, and the 2 things he wanted the most,  real Mexican food and being able to attend the Memorial of Jesus' death.:)

The article doesn't say how long he has been a Witness,  I have looked a bit but I didn't find anything else about him. My searching abilities are not so good so maybe I missed something. 

Bro Stoffer, is there any more information about our Brother or his family that you can provide? 

Mostly I am just curious about when he got the Truth,  in jail, or prior to his conviction. ..that would be a story all by itself. ..

I am very happy that this Brother is now free,  he will be able to practice his faith freely now, able to participate in the door to door ministry while it is still being done...

4 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Bro Stoffer, is there any more information about our Brother or his family that you can provide? 

I will look again for you. The news report where it was mentioned he was a Jehovah's Witness was in another video that I watched at the time. In that interview it mentioned that it was his faith that kept him strong. If I manage to find it again, I'll post it on here for you.

It's bigger on the inside!

I've had a scout round the Net and can't find anything more than was stated in the last paragraph as you mentioned, Tim & Denise.

For now, he said, he was looking forward to two things: good Mexican food and April 11. He’s a Jehovah’s Witness, and that’s the day his denomination will remember the anniversary of Jesus’ death.

His faith, he said, had kept him from spiraling into depression.

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

I was able to relate this experience today,  when we were discussing #3..

I also gave a very brief comment on that case, leaving the point of his being a brother until last. There was a slight but audible gasp from the congregation.

2 hours ago, rocket said:

Me too! Like the article I saved the part of him being JW till last.

1 hour ago, bohemian said:

I also gave a very brief comment on that case, leaving the point of his being a brother until last. There was a slight but audible gasp from the congregation.

I followed a Sister that mentioned some injustices from many years back,  I started off saying 'To expand on Sister M's  comment, and to bring it into more recent times, there is a Brother that. ........'

I know that everyone was listening because the Hall got really quiet when I was talking and a number of people turned to look at me. 

This was a good study article,  everyone needs a reality check on occasion. ..

4 hours ago, rocket said:

Me too! Like the article I saved the part of him being JW till last.

That's exactly what I did too. lol (Got a few laughs at the Mexican food part, it seemed to have gotten quiet once I got to the JW part.)

3 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I followed a Sister that mentioned some injustices from many years back,  I started off saying 'To expand on Sister M's  comment, and to bring it into more recent times, there is a Brother that. ........'

I know that everyone was listening because the Hall got really quiet when I was talking and a number of people turned to look at me. 

This was a good study article,  everyone needs a reality check on occasion. ..

Since I was conducting the WTS limit my comments. I did mention this case and it appeared that no one in our hall had heard of it. We are well informed here.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

25 minutes ago, Old said:

Since I was conducting the WTS limit my comments. I did mention this case and it appeared that no one in our hall had heard of it. We are well informed here.

Yes, we are...

I, and anyone else from here that got to share this, only know about it because one of our members posted it up for us.

This forum is an asset for those that choose to join,  or at least lurk.

I wish there was a better general opinion of websites that are 'good' and that some more of the friends would be a little more open minded  

Case in point : I was talking to a Brother last week about some of the artwork that was on the monitors.  I know he has attended the convention already  (he was on vacation,  went with family out of state ) and I showed him the comparisons that someone here had posted,  the old art v the new art. He was interested --right up to the point where I said it was on this forum...

"Yeah,  I'm not interested in looking at that, I only look at JW.ORG, if it isn't from headquarters I don't want anything to do with it "

Funny, just a minute before that he was looking pretty intently at the pictures. ..  This Brother is a surgeon,  is well educated and plenty intelligent,  a good friend and fun to be around. ..

The blinders came out when this forum got mentioned. ....kinda sad, really.  I'm glad I found this place,  I'm glad Brother Bob got it going and keeps it going,  I am very appreciative of all the work everyone does to keep it clean and healthy and I am really glad to have met all of y'all in the process. ..I love it here...besides,  it keeps me from being on the welding /equipment /tractors and air gun forums all my spare time. .lol

I know what you mean.  The news from our brother Antonio in Venezuela keeps us informed too of their specific trials.  I've shared it with all and in my meeting comments, where appropriate.  I too love you all, nice to find like-minded friends from all over the world - shows our unity nicely :)

37 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I know what you mean.  The news from our brother Antonio in Venezuela keeps us informed too of their specific trials.  I've shared it with all and in my meeting comments, where appropriate.  I too love you all, nice to find like-minded friends from all over the world - shows our unity nicely :)

:grouphug::yes:

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

The blinders came out when this forum got mentioned. ....kinda sad, really.  I'm glad I found this place,  I'm glad Brother Bob got it going and keeps it going,  I am very appreciative of all the work everyone does to keep it clean and healthy and I am really glad to have met all of y'all in the process. ..I love it here...besides,  it keeps me from being on the welding /equipment /tractors and air gun forums all my spare time. .lol

We have great moderators...otherwise, it could be brutal...requiring a whip and a chair.

Edited by alohapaulette

6 hours ago, alohapaulette said:

We have great moderators...otherwise, it could be brutal...requiring a whip and a chair.

No joke Paulette...died in the wool apostates are not kidding....they don't believe in playing

nice...they have drank Satan's  Kool-Aid.....hook, line and sinker!  Now,

we just need to remember to quietly back away from the wreckage. Thankfully, Jehovah God has a photographic memory and we're all in good hands.

Edited by nanceebgd46

edit

8 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

"Yeah,  I'm not interested in looking at that, I only look at JW.ORG, if it isn't from headquarters I don't want anything to do with it "

Hey T & D!

Glad you found it useful first of all. Yes, unfortunately, those types of individuals perhaps don't know how to distinguish between good and bad association online so limit themselves to just the official site, and they're within their rights to do so. That said, those same individuals should respect OUR rights and decision to be on here and not look down their noses at us because we choose to do so.

Spiritual fellowship is always a good thing, no matter what format it takes so thanks again for welcoming me into the community.

1 hour ago, nanceebgd46 said:

No joke Paulette...died in the wool apostates are not kidding....they don't believe in playing

nice...they have drank Satan's  Kool-Aid.....hook, line and sinker! 

“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!" Rev 12:10.

That's who they imitate.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)