JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Name Food Alphabetically - from Bible Times

Stormswift

Hey loving that alphabetical place thread so thought I'd do a food that is either found through the scriptures or about that time (from other countries is allowed too) from history. 

If there is no food for a letter - enter the letter X for example and put 'None" - then go on to Y: Yams eg.

So I'll start shall I?

A - ALMONDS - A seed of a fruit that is often classed as a nut, very high in protein and found abundantly throughout bible lands, including the Promised Land, as Aaron's rod blossomed in Almond blossoms to show the people that Aaron had Jehovah's approval.  Very pretty flower.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

LOL well I guess Bacon may have been around at least some version of it - just would not have been eaten by Jehovah's people oooh maybe in the first century. Oooooh sorry B is taken lol

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

D - Dukkah (pronounced DOO-kah) gets its name from the Egyptian Arabic word for "to crush" or "to pound," which is precisely how it's made. Recipes vary but generally consist of cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, salt, dried herbs, and nuts (especially peanuts, which are widely available in Egypt). 

Edited by hatcheckgirl

E - have to go with EGGS ... while im not sure it is a staple of the Israelites or later the Jews it's pretty safe to determine they were part of someone's cuisine at that time.

Ill accept Israeli salad, since Tort had 'fruit' - ice cream I will not - although I believe it's a very popular and unique process in Turkey today - it's more a dough.

J ... hmmmm J - Juice of the vine - prior to the flood before the fermentation process.  hah!n

Juice of the vine sounded good - like a early biblical advertisement. Yeah okay Jerusalem Artichoke takes the slot.

Now K ...let's see Kakes , korn, KIDNEY BEANS!!! yes? 

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

explain.

Ok ... 

Kaneh is old Hebrew measurement for  cubic  equivalents   etc

Kasha is a staple Jewish food. In the English language, kasha is a term for the pseudocereal buckwheat. In Central and Eastern Europe, especially in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Poland, kasha is a dish made of any kind of grains boiled in water or milk, possibly with additives, i.e., a porridge.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Olives...(duh)

Pomegranates ... (double duh)

Sorry for doing two in a row...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D