JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Van strikes crowd outside mosque in London

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2480 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Van strikes crowd outside mosque in London; one person is arrested

http://wapo.st/2sNiHNY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

LONDON — Police said early Monday that there were “a number of casualties” and that one person was arrested after a van struck a crowd of pedestrians in London.

The incident occurred just after midnight in the northern part of the city, near the Finsbury Park Mosque. Police said they had closed the adjacent roadway in both directions and were dealing with “a major incident.” 

Early witness reports suggested that pedestrians had been struck as they left late-night prayers for the holy month of Ramadan. 

Video posted on social media showed people screaming as bystanders performed chest compressions on one of the injured, and another man held a bloody cloth to his head.

Helicopters buzzed overhead, and ambulances and police cars raced to the scene. 

The incident follows two recent terrorist attacks in London in which vehicles have been used as weapons, both on bridges for the Thames River.

19 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Why the surprise? Isn't this to be expected?

Johan

No surprise, but we are not desensitized to people losing their lives.

What if it were JW'S that were some of the victims,  would you say "why the surprise?  Isn't this to be expected?  People were killed and just possibly could have been related to one of our Bro.s or Sis.s! 

I'm just saying.  

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

This CARNAGE will continue all the way to the end of Satan's system.   He no longer cares if the people who are blinded by him get killed in the process, so he can keep going.  He's out there kicking and screaming that his time of Abyssing is nearer then when his butt got Kicked out of heaven with a swift booth!    I have never seen so much destruction of human lives.  More people getting killed then both World Wars combined.   And with this, majority of mankind doesn't get it, that there is a force greater then them causing it.   I happen to listen to JW.Broadcasting morning worship talked entitled:

William Malenfant: Morality in the Last Days (2 Tim. 3:13)

From Jehovah's viewpoint, this brother explains why the majority don't believe and take any note of the times we are living in.  I thought this was very good.  Hope many of you have heard it.   Even though it does not mention these sort of terrorist attacks or revenge, Jehovah makes a clear point about why the people are taking no heed.    Soon, none of us will ever have to put faith and hope in the paradise.  There won't be no need to put faith or hope like now.  All of this carnage will be forever gone.   It certainly hurts my heart to hear and then see on the news all of this mayhem, people suffering and etc.  Truly only Jehovah's Kingdom by Jesus, can fix it!   Please come soon Jehovah's Kingdom, we are ready for it even if the rest of the world is not!

40 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Johan

Who's surprised? Of course we expect this to continually happen but it doesn't stop the hurt in my heart that over and over again innocent people are being hurt and killed because of satan's blinding hatred and anger. Don't you feel sorry for the ones innocelntly going about their daily, albeit misguided, lives, just to be terrorised in some form or another? Do you think Jehovah and Jesus are surprised? I doubt it. Don't you think they expect it?  I think they do .. but I also think it touches their hearts and pains them that the day for the destruction of this system hasn't yet arrived and they have to continue letting this happen until it does.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

53 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Johan

For we know that all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now (Rom 8:22)

Not surprise dear brother... but groaning :(

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

This CARNAGE will continue all the way to the end of Satan's system.   He no longer cares if the people who are blinded by him get killed in the process, so he can keep going.  He's out there kicking and screaming that his time of Abyssing is nearer then when his butt got Kicked out of heaven with a swift booth!    I have never seen so much destruction of human lives.  More people getting killed then both World Wars combined.   And with this, majority of mankind doesn't get it, that there is a force greater then them causing it.   I happen to listen to JW.Broadcasting morning worship talked entitled:

William Malenfant: Morality in the Last Days (2 Tim. 3:13)

From Jehovah's viewpoint, this brother explains why the majority don't believe and take any note of the times we are living in.  I thought this was very good.  Hope many of you have heard it.   Even though it does not mention these sort of terrorist attacks or revenge, Jehovah makes a clear point about why the people are taking no heed.    Soon, none of us will ever have to put faith and hope in the paradise.  There won't be no need to put faith or hope like now.  All of this carnage will be forever gone.   It certainly hurts my heart to hear and then see on the news all of this mayhem, people suffering and etc.  Truly only Jehovah's Kingdom by Jesus, can fix it!   Please come soon Jehovah's Kingdom, we are ready for it even if the rest of the world is not!

I enjoyed how Bro. Malenfant ended the talk /morning worship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Again, so very sad.  The anxiety levels for those living in London especially, must be so heightened.  I pray for Jehovah to keep our family level-headed, cautious and as safe as can be expected, and to speak with comfort for those who want to hear the Good News.  

It seems like it is just blurring into one big fat incident now, as they are happening in swift succession.  We must be close.

My husband came to bed with these things in mind tonight.  He came to bed around 1 a.m. and woke me, now I can't sleep.  He spoke of this attack, it obviously bothered him.  He also told me about the plane being shot down, and a boxer who passed away after a match in our city.  I think Greg explained this the best, we are groaning and sighing.  It hurt my heart too, its why I got up.  I think of the families who were just going about their daily worship routine.  While they do not share our faith, I think to myself, how would I feel if some lunatic started mowing down people in the kingdom hall parking lot?  This is what it basically equates to.

Then I examined my feelings and asked, even though they don't share my faith, do I still care about them as much as I should any human?  The religion of Islam has caused many to begin to hate Muslims, and its a vicious circle.  I wanted to make sure my thinking wasn't infected thus.  

Then my mind went to the persecution of our brothers and sisters in Russia, North Korea, Eritrea and so forth and even now I need to go back to Jehovah and lay this load on his shoulders because its a horrible thing to have to contend with and it makes me cry.  

Groaning indeed.  

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I pray for Jehovah to keep our family level-headed, cautious and as safe as can be expected, and to speak with comfort for those who want to hear the Good News.  

It seems like it is just blurring into one big fat incident now, as they are happening in swift succession.  We must be close.

Exactly Sis,

Woke up to this early around 1 am to this on the news! - and before coming on board was praying these sentiments as well

to be cautious and level headed and continue to preach to be diligent in preaching to others! - Sigh  -

Today Text:

Monday, June 19

Pay attention to yourselves that your hearts never become weighed down . . . and suddenly that day be instantly upon you as a snare.—Luke 21:34, 35.

Edited by CyreJay

This was a horrible revenge attack....these people are innocent victims just the same as the many killed by extremists. 

We know people are frustrated & angry at what's going on with ISIS at the moment, but killing muslims is not the answer, in fact he could just have made the situation a whole lot worse!! We are in the very last days indeed.....

1 hour ago, Jothob said:

in fact he could just have made the situation a whole lot worse!!

Looking on from the sidelines and from the safety of distance, I am very thankful that Jehovah forewarns us about the worsening calamities befalling our societies, and the need to remain neutral and on Jehovah's side.  What I'm hearing here on the news is that the authorities were slow in calling this a "terrorist" attack, and this has angered the Muslim communities there and here.  Hatred and suspicion from each side feeds hatred and spurs more revenge attacks - since that is what they all essentially are:  attacking western society for interfering in  Muslim extremist infighting, and now a white extremist "paying back" for all the evil perpetrated by Islamic extremist.

Stand back and see the salvation of Jehovah.

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

What I'm hearing here on the news is that the authorities were slow in calling this a "terrorist" attack, and this has angered the Muslim communities there and here.  Hatred and suspicion from each side feeds hatred and spurs more revenge attacks - since that is what they all essentially are:  attacking western society for interfering in  Muslim extremist infighting, and now a white extremist "paying back" for all the evil perpetrated by Islamic extremist.

Stand back and see the salvation of Jehovah.

This is how I saw it too, Lucy.  And we won't be surprised when there is another attack in revenge for the'infidels' interference.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

It's been emotional for me lately, hearing all these news stories. Unthinkable. Then I go to work and see 4 newly arrived crashed vehicles in the yard, all there because the crashes are fatal's, under investigation. As I drove by them I see a purse sitting on the trunk of the recently added car. This makes it so real. She had been alive 5 hours ago.

I'm appreciative of the text for today. I need to hold onto the fact that she will sleep for a while then maybe, with Jehovah's blessing, I could meet her when she wakes up. Wish I could return her purse to her.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

14 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Johan

All the anti Muslim vitriol and nationalistic fever... Yes, backlash and attacks on Muslims should be expected. 

Still sad and a disgusting waste of human life. Even if nobody was killed, these are horrible tragedies. 

Today's text is so appropriate..."Pay attention to yourselves that your hearts never become weighed down..."

It's becoming hard for me with all these crazy things going on. Feel that I'm getting overwhelmed from all the sick news. But I will work on it since the text continue: "and suddenly that day be instantly upon you as a snare.—Luke 21:34, 35.

Just now, LindaViktoria said:

Today's text is so appropriate... Feel that I'm getting overwhelmed from all the sick news.

There is so much being posted today dealing with this emotion, sorry I've been so busy replying to so many but I'm glad it's not just me feeling it so intensely. Overwhelmed is the word of the day. And that's how I feel without watching news on TV anymore.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34