JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rainbows & Rainy Days

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2492 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is a writing I did for my cousin a faithful servant of Jehovah who has incurable cancer.  

He is old now and his youth has faded but not his faith in the new world.

I dedicate this to Joe, my cousin and my spiritual brother!

Rainy Days & Rainbows

The touch of a gust of sea wind, whispers an easy phrase from long ago

I remember the rain drops stroking my face; I saw a rainbow drape the sky

My youth was my crest of strength; I climbed to grasp forever in my mind

Many paths brought me to scary places; I encountered battles to triumph

I wasn’t afraid of the storm, for it was only the rain and I loved the sound

Gale forces of life swept all the old away and then the rainbow ascended

The earth will be new again; my courage grows strong, my vision is bright

I see Jehovah, he is my light as darkness overtakes the sun, it fades away

Rainy days wash away the old memories and my rainbows are free to shine

Edited by Rosy Gal

Rosy, what a sweet  poem for Joe. Welcome to our forum. We will all pray for Joe because this is what we do when one of ours is suffering.  We are at the door of that new world, looking in. Soon we will all be walking into it and watching each other being healed, resurrected, or whatever is necessary.