JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Encouraging documentaries

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2493 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

Without watching it again, I think it featured Terrance Wood. He said if he could make the changes, he'd be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Boy, that lifestyle just grabs them. And, won't turn loose. 

Hi Bea

I think you might be referring to Terrance Howard. His ex wife is still raising their 3 children as JWs.

Wikipedia: "Howard married his first wife, Lori McCommas, in 1994.[10] They had three children together: daughters Aubrey and Heaven, and son Hunter. Through Aubrey, Howard has two grandchildren, a granddaughter born in December 2012 and a grandson (Adrian) born in February 2015.[11] Howard and McCommas divorced in 2003, but remarried in 2005. They subsequently divorced for a second time in 2007.[2][12] McCommas was born Jewish but was raising their children as Jehovah's Witnesses.[13]"

I thought he narrated knocking but I can't find him listed on the label.

Thanks for the heads up on the Study Guide. I didn't know it was included with the DVD, very well written.

What's you day like? 88 degrees here at noon, made service difficult. 94 degrees on our back porch at 1:15. We don't do heat in Newport.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Right. Thanks brother. Actually, I should sit down and watch it again. The  weather? Seven degrees cooler then yesterday. So, that being the case, 100 degrees today. I was muttering to myself today. I have to get up early to do any real work. And if you miss it...my car needs washed. Now, I have to wait until it cools, and, fight those mosquitoes. 

Went to the doctor yesterday. She said she was surprised the clinic hadn't had heat stroke victims. IV time. No physical work in the heat of the day! (I can get ot really easy. Really easy) 

i knew it was Terrance something that narrated. A pleasant fellow. 

Stay cool brother! 

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

http://www.engardio.com/about-joel-1/

there is an interview with Joel Engardio that is interesting.  He was raised by his single mother and young widowed grandmother in Saginaw, MI.  He is politically involved now in SF area politics.  It sounds like he is a kind hearted man and attributes the way he was  raised to his mom and grandmother and and he took the path he did because of what he learned from them.  In a weird way he sounds like someone you would be proud of to call your son.  Just as Jehovah drew Paul to him ....

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!