JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Convention Cleaning News Article

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2492 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Source: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/philadelphia/jehovahs-witnesses-philadelphia-convention-liacouras-center-20170622.html

Cleanliness next to godliness as Jehovah's Witnesses scrub Liacouras Centre

Updated: JUNE 22, 2017 — 2:58 PM EDT

by Kristin E. Holmes, Staff Writer  @DailyK |  kholmes@phillynews.com

Before more than 24,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses stream through the doors of the Liacouras Center for a series of weekend conventions scheduled to begin Friday, a volunteer crew transformed the site of hundreds of sweaty basketball games into an auditorium suitable for the sacred.

Holding that cleanliness truly is next to godliness, nearly 1,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses wiped the Temple University facility clean. They swept and mopped floors, scraped up dried gum from aisle stairways, and dusted chairs until they shone.

“We encourage cleanliness, keeping our homes clean, our persons clean, and our places of worship clean,” said Roland Cooper of Sewell, an elder and  a spokesman for the region’s 45 congregations. “We want to make sure the facility represents the principles we live by, and we represent God.”

jw-cleaning-philly.jpg

Edited by Shawnster

Copyright Please refer to membership policy

It's bigger on the inside!

I edited the OP for content.  Please only post excerpts from articles and then link to the entire article.  Do not post the entire article as this is a copyright violation.

C. Publicity, Content Ownership, & Copyright

By sending posts or submitting content to the community, you, the Sender, acknowledge and agree that your contribution automatically becomes the property of JWTalk.net without any obligation to you, and that you grant JWTalk.net the right to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose; and warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting and use of your content by JWTalk.net will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. Site visitors/members cannot ask the submitted content to be removed or unpublished from the site later nor can they ask for the content ownership to be changed once the content has been submitted. 

H: Copyright Violation

Caution must be taken to respect the copyrights of others. All sites, whether public, commercial, social, personal or private--contain elements that are protected under copyright laws. We reserve the right to edit or remove any post, image or other media that, in their opinion, constitutes a violation of the copyrights of any other individual or enterprise. 

Do not post entire articles or large portions of them from our publications or upload them as attachments to the forums or our Files Library. 

2 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Do not post the entire article as this is a copyright violation.

OK. I did not know this. That is why I always cite the source and take it from info in the public domain (News articles from free newspapers on the Internet) and never claim it as my own material.

However, I will respect your interpretation of this and in the future only post excerpts. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, this is sad. I fully understand, but, for me, part of the enjoyment was seeing the article, right there. I have fussy internet and sometimes it will not mind me. As I said, I do understand. And I thank you moderators for keeping us on the straight and narrow, well, trying.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Just looked up the PhillyNews T&C and that would seem to back up Shawn's post of this site's T&C:

Among other things, except to the extent required for the limited purpose of reviewing material on our site, electronic reproduction, adaptation, distribution, performance or display is prohibited. Changes to or deletion of author attribution or copyright notices are prohibited.

Now, as to where you could argue that we JWs are in fact actually "reviewing" the material Shawn! :D

7 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

part of the enjoyment was seeing the article, right there. I have fussy internet

Yes, that's why I did it. Sometimes these news sites make you wade through loads of adverts, pop-ups etc. Next time I will just post the pithy bits so you don't miss out! :lol:

Edited by Stoffer

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)