JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Portable speaker, WonderBoom

Where I live we have terrible radio reception so I signed up for Sirius. This is my 4th year with it and it's gone up 200.00 a year in those 4 years! Nope, I needed to find another option. In looking for an external speaker for my truck so I could stream radio,  I found this little honey. It's so easy to use and sounds incredible. I guess it's the newest (shocker to me) and best on the market. I down loaded TuneIn radio now I can listen to talk radio, books (Clive Cussler has a new one out I haven't had time to read) or my favorite, Jazz/Blues. Happy camper. Bonus- it'll pay for itself in just a few months.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

31 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Thought it might be nice if people could see what you were talking about    <---- this is a link to a review of this speaker

wonderboom.jpg.9b13b4c95d3331533fd19e03de028712.jpg

Oh no, not another cross post! :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Thanks John, had to run to get the dogs when I posted this and forgot to put the link in before I went.

Jerry, you're naughty!

Lew came home and saw what I got. The one he got 6 months ago is real cute and has great sound but the sound only comes out of the front, this one the sound comes out all around it. And it can link to another one for even bigger sound.  He may consider upgrading and selling his smaller one.

I'm not driven to have the newest gadgets but I have to admit I'm a little excited to try it out in the morning.  This one seems like it'll do what I need it to do plus saving me a couple hundred a year is a big deal for me!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Clive Cussler! Never mind the speakers. I have most of his books on CD. Only got rid of one. A tad too violent. Wish we lived closer. Right now I am listening to a Simon Winchester. On the Pacific Ocean. History, and I love it. Now, back to the topic at hand...You see what caught my eye. Like a kid in a candy store!  

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I used it for the first time this morning and I wasn't disappointed. I'm figuring out how to just get Ebooks downloaded on my phone and then sign up for Pandora for free or stay with TuneIn premium, it's 10.00+ a month, far cheaper than the $$$$ for Sirius. They do have a free version of TuneIn so I have to look that one up too.

I love Clive Cussler, have read all his novels except for those released in the last 3 years, been too busy. Have Nighthawk ready to listen to. Also love Janet Evanovich, she has humor in her murder mysteries.

12 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I prefer iHeart Radio to Pandora

:thumbsup: Janet Evanovich

Please tell me why. I'm still so inexperienced with all this stuff. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the changes I've been doing  in order to simplify and cut costs.

iHeart is 14.95 or so a month, how do you justify it? I've heard many people say that they do like it but not why. And how about in comparison to TuneIn? It's 10.95 a month and it's list of things to hear is extensive. But whatever I choose needs to be easy to navigate and easy to figure out.  What about Audible? What about being able to download to my phone so I don't have to pay for streaming time?

I'm trying to find out where to download Clive's new book and Janet's new one too. (By the time I get to listen to Clive's new book my free trial with TuneIn will be over) Probably have to buy an eBook, that's ok I guess unless one of the apps let me download as part of the app.

I have never used TuneIn or Audible

I use the free version of iHeart. Only problem is, it does have some commercials and, every so often, you have to restart it or tell it you are still listening.

iHeart has local stations and original stations - that is the part I use. Pandora, at least when I tried it, only had "playlists" supposedly based on your initial selections or preset types of music.

When I tried Pandora, I tried telling it I wanted Simon and Garfunkel, James Taylor and a few others. Instead of those artist, I got what Pandora decided was "like" them and then more like the ones that were supposed to be like them - until it was giving me selections so far away from the music of the ones I selected - I decided, why bother.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Oh that's interesting. I guess it won't hurt to try the free version, I don't mind a few commercials, beats streaming one of the local radio stations like I did this morning. It had so many commercials I had to concentrate where the programming came in and the commercials ended, weird, it all blended in together.

I didn't understand about the playlist thing either. I wouldn't like to have my choices made for me when I know what I want to hear and it's not delivering.

Thanks John, I'll get the free version up and running and try it out in the morning. Really want to get used to it so I can cancel Sirius.

• 3 months later...
On 6/29/2017 at 4:21 PM, bagwell1987 said:

I used it for the first time this morning and I wasn't disappointed. I'm figuring out how to just get Ebooks downloaded on my phone and then sign up for Pandora for free or stay with TuneIn premium, it's 10.00+ a month, far cheaper than the $$$$ for Sirius. They do have a free version of TuneIn so I have to look that one up too.

I love Clive Cussler, have read all his novels except for those released in the last 3 years, been too busy. Have Nighthawk ready to listen to. Also love Janet Evanovich, she has humor in her murder mysteries.

Im reading my first Clive Cussler novel. “Pirate”. I love it. Keeps you in suspense. Think I found my new author. 

Thanks, Cheryl. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”