JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

41 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

That is the stuff of nightmares, Paulette!!!

Jumping, those eyes, and a brain to formulate a plan of attack!   AHHHHH!!!!

Exactly after I watched it, but at the same time this spider intrigued me that she could plan different strategies of attack. 

I couldn't comment after I watched the video because I felt creeped out and I wondered why there hasn't been a major scary movie based on this spider! Ugh!! Maybe there has been since I am so behind on such things. 

The fact that this spider can think and form a plan based on the circumstances that it has to overcome makes me wonder about other animal capabilities that mankind has down played. 

I know with horses and with the poodles that they do think far enough ahead to form a plan if there is something they want or need and many times they have out thought me because i wasn't prepared for their new knowledge process. 

It took time for people to admit that animals have emotions and now it might take time for them to admit that some or maybe most of them can think out a problem. 

I find it very interesting. 

Good one Paulette!  How about this one BBC vid about the male spider trying to woo the female?

I-I-I-I-I-I wanna dance with some "body".

I wanna feel the heat with some body.

Yeah, I wanna dance with some body.

With some body who "loves/mates/kills me".  

Edited by Omo_Yeme

8 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

LOL...Lucy sis, is it safe to assume that you have the proverbial "arachnophobia". :lol:

Actually, no.  I love garden spiders - they're fascinating.  I say sorry to Henry whenever I have to break his web, since he insists on spinning it across the path to the clothes line.  But, I don't care much for jumpy things with voluminous eyes, that stare into your soul.  

*running for the hills!*