JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Clotted Cream

I know this doesn't go here but I really would like to know what is a good,authentic brand of clotted cream .I've never had it so I don't know what  the real thing taste like.

Can anyone help me out?

7 hours ago, Snowkitty said:

This is at a store near me...

shopping.jpg.1544880cc7e76c8597d2e092f0fcef21.jpg

I can't recommend a brand for you as I don't live in the same country.  However, I can tell you that double cream isn't the same as clotted cream though it is thick enough to go on to scones if that is what you want to use it for. I can't believe you get cream in jars imported from England.  At least you know this is good stuff and comes from the right part of the country. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

.... never heard the term "clotted' cream.... I'm from the USA.....  ....  i could google it.. :D

OK i googled it.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=clotted+cream&&view=detail&mid=A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0&FORM=VRDGAR

looks pretty good.  He said over icecream.... but it looks like it would be great with steamy soft freshly baked breads....

Edited by vern

7 hours ago, vern said:

.... never heard the term "clotted' cream.... I'm from the USA.....  ....  i could google it.. :D

OK i googled it.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=clotted+cream&&view=detail&mid=A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0&FORM=VRDGAR

looks pretty good.  He said over icecream.... but it looks like it would be great with steamy soft freshly baked breads....

I'm English and I've never heard of eating clotted cream on either ice cream or bread?? If you put it on hot bread it would just liquify. You can use clotted cream to make ice cream .. best ice cream ever.  Awesome with strawberries or on freshly baked scones with strawberry jam.  That's how they eat it in Devon and Cornwall. Making my mouth water now. LOL  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 1 month later...
On 05/07/2017 at 6:15 PM, Snowkitty said:

I know this doesn't go here but I really would like to know what is a good,authentic brand of clotted cream .I've never had it so I don't know what  the real thing taste like.

Can anyone help me out?

In Britain, this is a popular brand:

71FW0sX6-2L._SX522_.jpg

If you are going for a cream tea, please use the following method:

We're British, not barbarians! :wink:

In the US - cream cheese is probably more common than clotted cream. They are not exactly the same thing but have similar uses.

With the popularity of cooking shows Mascarpone has become somewhat popular.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 6 months later...

And when David came to Mahanaim, Shobi the son of Nahash from Rabbah of the Bene-ʽAmmon, and Makir the son of ʽAmmiel from Lo-Debar, and Barzillai the Gileadite from Rogelim, brought bedsteads and rugs and basins and crockery, and wheat and barley and meal and roasted grain and beans and lentils and honey and butter and sheep and clotted cream, and offered it for eating to David and the people he had with him; for they thought “The people have grown hungry and faint and thirsty in the wilderness.” -- 2Sam.17:27-29.

Well, if it was good enough for King David, then I must give it a try and see for myself!  :)

• 1 month later...

I studied with an English woman for a while and she had me try clotted cream. So delicious! I went home and tried to make some even though she had warned it wouldn't work with heavy (35%) cream. The cream has to b heavier than that still. She recommended trying to get some right from a farm.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk