Clotted Cream
4 4

8 posts in this topic

I know this doesn't go here but I really would like to know what is a good,authentic brand of clotted cream .I've never had it so I don't know what  the real thing taste like.

Can anyone help me out?

odd topic for "Comfort, Consolation, Support & Recovery"... but clotted cream is so good it COULD make you need support and recovery after having some... :)

Snowkitty, 1gemstone and Miss Bea like this

Clotted cream and jam on a  scone.  Good comfort food, so maybe this is the right place.  That's Devon cream, so the jam goes on top!  Mmm, time for tea I think...:tea:

Miss Bea, Hope, Snowkitty and 3 others like this

7 hours ago, Snowkitty said:

This is at a store near me...

shopping.jpg.1544880cc7e76c8597d2e092f0fcef21.jpg

I can't recommend a brand for you as I don't live in the same country.  However, I can tell you that double cream isn't the same as clotted cream though it is thick enough to go on to scones if that is what you want to use it for. I can't believe you get cream in jars imported from England.  At least you know this is good stuff and comes from the right part of the country. :)

Hope and Jonathan77 like this

ID:7   Posted (edited)

.... never heard the term "clotted' cream.... I'm from the USA.....  ....  i could google it.. :D

OK i googled it.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=clotted+cream&&view=detail&mid=A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0&FORM=VRDGAR

looks pretty good.  He said over icecream.... but it looks like it would be great with steamy soft freshly baked breads....

Edited by vern

7 hours ago, vern said:

.... never heard the term "clotted' cream.... I'm from the USA.....  ....  i could google it.. :D

OK i googled it.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=clotted+cream&&view=detail&mid=A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0A7D87C5C9DF22F4BDCF0&FORM=VRDGAR

looks pretty good.  He said over icecream.... but it looks like it would be great with steamy soft freshly baked breads....

I'm English and I've never heard of eating clotted cream on either ice cream or bread?? If you put it on hot bread it would just liquify. You can use clotted cream to make ice cream .. best ice cream ever.  Awesome with strawberries or on freshly baked scones with strawberry jam.  That's how they eat it in Devon and Cornwall. Making my mouth water now. LOL  

Jonathan77, Hope, Woodland and 1 other like this