JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Entire Provence of British Columbia under state of Emergency.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2469 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

These fires are already 100X what that fire was and this is in BC not Alberta.  Different provence.

2 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

These fires are already 100X what that fire was and this is in BC not Alberta.  Different provence.

100 x 1500,000 acres, that is one  big fire and what difference does the province have to do with it?

(Fort McMurry fire burned 1,500,000 acres)

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Update here.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/british-columbia-declares-province-wide-state-of-emergency-raging-wildfires-multiply/83864/

CTV news site is more up to date.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.3494633

Military are on stand by and there is a call for help from across the country.

Edited by Greg Dent

My mom said at their meeting an elder who works with…  actually I don't remember if he was with LDC or something to do with the special upcoming convention (which Vancouver is to be tied in with) but apparently there was a convention in northern BC this weekend and the brothers there are sort of trapped now because they can't return home or travel on the highways.

Sorry this is second hand knowledge.

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

My mom said at their meeting an elder who works with…  actually I don't remember if he was with LDC or something to do with the special upcoming convention (which Vancouver is to be tied in with) but apparently there was a convention in northern BC this weekend and the brothers there are sort of trapped now because they can't return home or travel on the highways.

Sorry this is second hand knowledge.

This is correct. There was a Convention in  Prince George and alll the brothers attending from Williams Lake area can not return home....winds are fuelling the fires. Being cared for by brothers in the Prince George area. 

The City of Kamloops is hosting the brothers from Ashcroft and area . Feeding and housing.  One Br. Has lost his home  in Ashcroft. 

Princeton  has also been given evacuation notice and major highways through out BC are closed . 

They said it was the perfect storm , last week temperatures were record breaking highs   ( terrible dry conditions) then a storm came through causing lighting strikes to ignight the tinder dry conditions) 

Jehovah using the brothers to care for those who have needs is the only good part, but like our latest literature shows we are really deep into the time where anything disasterlike can happen. We can do our bit to be prepared up to a point, but it's only Jehovah who can get us through, even if we suffer some loss. Hoping our brothers and sisters can be spared the worst.

30 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

Thanks Greg  I wanted to post a news article about the horses being evacuated .... the area effected of course is cowboy country and many ranches ....not an easy task getting livestock out. 

Fire was caused by people not paying attension and leaving a fire unattended. They had left he area.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/videos/gallery/humancaused-forest-fire-caught-on-camera-starting-in-bc/sharevideo/5502931796001

Fire departments arrived quickly to the fire in the video above.

Sounds like this fire was extinguished.  

The authorities feel that most of the fires still burning were caused by lightning.

Still a tragedy, no matter who, or what, was the cause.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Doesn't mean in the high winds there it didn't respark.  Doesn't mean it did but wow how fast a dangerous situation can develop from something so simple and so dumb.

globalnews.ca/news/3601702/b-c-wildfires-evacuation-order-issues-for-williams-lake/

This situation has intensified  the entire City of Williams Lake ordered  to be  evacuated. The winds have turned deadly fanning  the flames  .... wind gusts 50 klm an hour which has just made this fire spread so fast ..... lightning is causing more fires . It's a terrible situation so many effected . 

Edited by Miss Mouse