JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Left kids in the car to get groceries. How stupid.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2453 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If I ever see a child in a car or a pet I am smashing the windows out of it and Calling the police and the Children's services.  You have kids and animals in the car they are the priority.  There is no excuse for that.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

2 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

If I ever see a child in a car or a pet I am smashing the windows out of it and Calling the police and the Children's services.  You have kids and animals in the car they are the priority.  There is no excuse for that.

hmmm but wait, you needn't overreact to such situations. Just maybe alerting is enough! (Prov 14:16)

paradise.eternity.glory

13 minutes ago, stargazer said:

hmmm but wait, you needn't overreact to such situations. Just maybe alerting is enough! (Prov 14:16)

I don't think overreacting in this case is so bad. Temps in cars can get over 100* in minutes. 

The other day at a store a dog was barking in a truck with the window open only an inch. I was furious.

i went into the store but was not successful in finding the people. 

They were in the truck when I came out.

Must have been a Jehovah's spirit changing my mood. Cause as I was walking up to the truck a thought quickly came to mind.

i simply told them, "I realize you may not have been in there long, but with the heat we have today the temps can get into the 100's very quickly."

the guy thanked me for, "the information"

People have recently gone into movie theaters leaving their pets in the cars. Thankfully someone did call the police and they rescued the dogs. 

I hope they weren't given back to the ignorant owners. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 hours ago, stargazer said:

At what point is it an over reaction though? When human lives are involved over reactions can be appropriate. 

I have to say that this generation of parents (and I''m only being general here - not everyone obviously will fit this box) are ill educated as to the simple things in life, from giving children a balanced diet, to not realising how quickly a child's system can shut down in temperatures that we can withstand a lot longer.

Educating parents is the answer to overreacting, but when education doesn't work - the overreacting is sometimes all that is left - and in this case, if it makes just one mum or dad think and act differently then it's worth it.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, stargazer said:

We might need to start a go-fund-me. Anybody for 'Gregory's bail fund'?  :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Its not over reacting if an animal or child dies in a vehicle like that. I will not hesitate to rescue them out of a car. What will be a problem for me it to not kick the living crap  out of the idiot that did it to begin with.  I will need Jehovahs help to prevent me from sending them to the ER that is for sure.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

11 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

Its not over reacting if an animal or child dies in a vehicle like that. I will not hesitate to rescue them out of a car. What will be a problem for me it to not kick the living crap  out of the idiot that did it to begin with.  I will need Jehovahs help to prevent me from sending them to the ER that is for sure.

... and how was service today? :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.