JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

For those with a spelling, typing and grammer handicaped

As I have stated a couple of times, my age and physical handicaps have made typing long posts is an agony for me. I don't see what I have typed, but what I think I have typed. When making a correction or pausing for a moment I often leave double entries like 'and and'. I leave out objects such 'a' or 'the. My spelling coupled with lost typing skills due to somewhat crippled fingers leaves me disconsolate when I look at my posts.  If I type in MS WORD some of these problems corrected but not a majority. 

Now that I have cried on your shoulder and gotten your attention, I want to tell you about a nifty program that solves most of my problems. Sorry, it does not cure dyslexia so I will continue to put the cart before the horse, (or is that the cart before the hearse?)

The app is called Grammarly and is a free download from the Windows Store. It functions if you have Google Chrome installed and it really works. In the above paragraph, it called out for at least 20 corrections. It works in any document you are typing including email. :)

If you try it let me know what you think of it.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

Could not find it in the Windows Store under APPS. :confused:

I went back and couldn't find it either. It was right next to the Rar app icon. I must have got bumped to the Chrome Store and didn't realize it.

Here it is from a different direction.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/grammarly-for-chrome/kbfnbcaeplbcioakkpcpgfkobkghlhen?hl=en

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

44 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

Could not find it in the Windows Store under APPS. :confused:

Do u mean .. Kould not fint in de Findows Store ander APPZ ? LOL

Jusd Kookle it ! LOL :lol2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I used to use it, but it did not work on all the sites I would go on and would mess up my text boxes. 

And yeah, I make all those mistakes, though not because of a spelling handicap, but I type too fast :lol: Too much speed in my mind and not enough flowing out the finger tips. 

I do have dysgraphia though, I spell and read fine, but my handwriting his handicapped. Looks like a 6  year old's handwriting, sometimes I even write by b's as d's and vice versa, even though I know the difference and know when I'v done it wrong,  I have to pause to make sure I write them the correct direction sometimes. lol.

Guess which hand writing is mine. Two are written by real 6 year olds, one is mine. 

handwriting.jpg

madore-letter.jpg?w=798

edac670eb3f930aa1ebbffb2f3b6ce4f.jpg

6 hours ago, Old said:

As I have stated a couple of times, my age and physical handicaps have made typing long posts is an agony for me. I don't see what I have typed, but what I think I have typed. When making a correction or pausing for a moment I often leave double entries like 'and and'. I leave out objects such 'a' or 'the. My spelling coupled with lost typing skills due to somewhat crippled fingers leaves me disconsolate when I look at my posts.  If I type in MS WORD some of these problems corrected but not a majority. 

Now that I have cried on your shoulder and gotten your attention, I want to tell you about a nifty program that solves most of my problems. Sorry, it does not cure dyslexia so I will continue to put the cart before the horse, (or is that the cart before the hearse?)

The app is called Grammarly and is a free download from the Windows Store. It functions if you have Google Chrome installed and it really works. In the above paragraph, it called out for at least 20 corrections. It works in any document you are typing including email. :)

Thank you for this information.  It should really help those who struggle with grammar and spelling.

13 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I used to use it, but it did not work on all the sites I would go on and would mess up my text boxes. 

And yeah, I make all those mistakes, though not because of a spelling handicap, but I type too fast :lol: Too much speed in my mind and not enough flowing out the finger tips. 

I do have dysgraphia though, I spell and read fine, but my handwriting his handicapped. Looks like a 6  year old's handwriting, sometimes I even write by b's as d's and vice versa, even though I know the difference and know when I'v done it wrong,  I have to pause to make sure I write them the correct direction sometimes. lol.

Guess which hand writing is mine. Two are written by real 6 year olds, one is mine. 

handwriting.jpg

madore-letter.jpg?w=798

edac670eb3f930aa1ebbffb2f3b6ce4f.jpg

First  one? 

Edited by yettosee

21 hours ago, Old said:

Wel, me i jist dont mayk mustakes lick most peeple doo. but im gonna triy it outt anaway. Tanks fur the infomashion, mistur Old. (Are you getting a commission for referring us to this?)

https://www.grammarly.com/

Just go to the site in either Chrome, Safari or Firefox, and it will let you install it directly as an add-on to your browser.

What a joy that we can accept our dear friends as they are now, while imagining them as they will be in the Paradise! I do not have a problem with spelling and structure, but I do have poor control of my fingers, due to advanced rheumatoid arthritis. My hand writing is almost unreadable to the point that I use the computer to write letters for my writing territories. We all love that those with problems of any sort rely on Jehovah to help them so they are brave enough to join in our happy group. Hang on tight! The best is yet to come!