JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How many photographers/videographers are here?

Oh, I forgot about myself ^_^:D

- When you started photography/videography? About two years ago. But I'm only beginner.

- What inspired you to start it? One brother who was in our congregation (now he and his wife are serving in other city) was a photographer. As I remember, he used Pentax K20D. Then I thought to myself that when I grow up, photography will be my hobby. And it happened.

- What camera are you using? Before I used Fujifilm Finepix JX600, Samsung Galaxy Pocket (really?), Nokia Lumia 520, now using Samsung Galaxy S6 by which I'm satisfied. Soon I will buy a DSLR camera, now thinking about Canon EOS 600D.

- Share with all us your works!

17 hours ago, Intercore said:

Just curious! 

- When you started photography/videography?

- What inspired you to start it?

- What camera are you using?

- Share with all us your works!

I wouldn't call myself photographer - but amateur hobbyist

I was looking for a clean hobby

Canon 7D mark 2 (currently in Sydney with insurance company to be salvaged .. (swimming pool and camera do not mix LOL :lol2:)

Going to buy Canon 6D mark 2 or crop Canon 80D - still deciding.

AAAAFLOGr.jpg

IMG_9649.JPG

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

24 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I wouldn't call myself photographer - but amateur hobbyist

I was looking for a clean hobby

Canon 7D mark 2 (currently in Sydney with insurance company to be salvaged .. (swimming pool and camera do not mix LOL :lol2:)

Going to buy Canon 6D mark 2 or crop Canon 80D - still deciding.

AAAAFLOGr.jpg

IMG_9649.JPG

Wow, incredible photos!!! :thumbsup: Do you practice night sky photography?

Canon 80D is way cheaper than 6D but specs is similar. Interesting.

Wow, incredible photos!!! :thumbsup: Do you practice night sky photography?

Canon 80D is way cheaper than 6D but specs is similar. Interesting.

I am not into astro-photograpy due to the chronic lack of spare time .. but I would love to! Need to try

Canon 80D yes, has incredible value but Canon 6D mark 2 (not mark 1) just been released this month and it's a full frame camera with much better noise tolerance but $1500 more then 80D. 

Welcome to the land of decisions LOL .....

Also confused which lens to buy if I go for crop camera (80D)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to take better photos. The hard part is when people are waiting on you to take the shot.

Started with a disc camera back in the 80's, Pentax k1000 hand me down, various compact 35mm.

First digital in 1999, Canon Rebel XT DSLR in 2005, Canon T2i in 2010. Decided last year to go mirrorless with Sony A6500.ecb83701a79dfbde82dce1c8541f9bd5.jpgb93375c596bf31588d244c167515cd8c.jpge3405d1b3b371b5e402ff5caa7890859.jpg0ef8dc10c287c8e5821516a173ff3d94.jpgd15e97106181f2a2e152493d246fbe0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used to like to do free photo shoots for the friends, like for anniversary presents. But now I need to figure out how to use the DSLR. It's one thing to practice on plants, another to have people holding a pose whilst I try to figure out the settings. And sometimes it's hard to see the screen.:confused:

I used to like to do free photo shoots for the friends, like for anniversary presents. But now I need to figure out how to use the DSLR. It's one thing to practice on plants, another to have people holding a pose whilst I try to figure out the settings. And sometimes it's hard to see the screen.:confused:
Aperture Priority mode is probably the best mode to start out with. There are a lot of good videos on YouTube to assist.

1 hour ago, Jarred said:

I'm trying to take better photos. The hard part is when people are waiting on you to take the shot.

Started with a disc camera back in the 80's, Pentax k1000 hand me down, various compact 35mm.

First digital in 1999, Canon Rebel XT DSLR in 2005, Canon T2i in 2010. Decided last year to go mirrorless with Sony A6500.ecb83701a79dfbde82dce1c8541f9bd5.jpgb93375c596bf31588d244c167515cd8c.jpge3405d1b3b371b5e402ff5caa7890859.jpg0ef8dc10c287c8e5821516a173ff3d94.jpgd15e97106181f2a2e152493d246fbe0a.jpg

Sadly, I can't see your photos...

1 hour ago, boodles said:

Which DSLR you're using right now?

4 hours ago, Jarred said:

Jarred, I am thinking of buying secondary mirrorless camera - are you happy with Sony 6500 ?

5 minutes ago, Jarred said:

For some reason the photos I uploaded don't show outside the tapatalk app.  In order to show the full quality, I've upload some various photos I've taken with the A6500 to my Keenai photo sharing account:  A6500 photo album

If you used Tapatalk to upload the pictures they go into Tapatalk's own database (sometimes) . You need to "attach" them via computer.  Or see if your version of Tapatalk will "attach" rather then "upload."

Actually, your link works fine and is probably the best way to post them.

Edited by Musky