JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Resurrection Day...by Bill Underwood

Thanks to Mandi for bringing this to the attention of JWT! :)

There is another novel that caters to Jehovah's Witnesses about the resurrection entitled "Resurrection Day" by Bill K. Underwood.  (I, too, became curious when the subject was raised.) So, here are a couple of links from Google search:

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/BillUnderwood

Bill is a consultant, author, and photographer. He wrote the column Signs of the Times at Examiner.com for several years. He has been a student of biblical Greek for 30 years, and a student of how religion shapes our world view for most of his life. He has lived in Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, New York City, and Massachusetts. For the past 20 years he has made Arizona his home. The Minotaur Medallion is his first novel. The best seller Resurrection Day is his second. 

http://www.thebookpatch.com/BookStore/resurrection-day/353ed399-ca8d-433d-a760-3352ccbea2e6?isbn=9781682730355

Here is his blog:  http://www.biblefriendlybooks.com

Edited by Omo_Yeme

I bought the ebook - loved it. Makes you think about things you haven't thought about- like shelved ideas that really work but won't give people in the old world a monetry profit so they shelve the ideas. The other thing it brought out - different elements yet to be discovered that leads to new inventions and ideas. You'd enjoy the book I'm sure.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

We learned from the old hall-building program that a hundred days of planning can save a thousand days of building.

What a great idea! (:P)

That's it no more spoilers LOL

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 minutes ago, Dages said:

Ho, it's only 125 pages... looks very short. I thought the 20% free was these 125 pages. I want more. :D

According to the website that sells it as an e-Book, it only contains 32,000 words.  

By comparison, Brother Erik's "All Things New" novel contains 89,976 words.

Which means, it should take a person one-third of the time to read "Resurrection Day",

than it takes to read "All Things New".

That is, unless half of Brother Bill's words are ones like 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

13 minutes ago, Dages said:

Just bought it too... I finish my work for today and I'm going to devour this one tonight :D

Off topic...:offtopic:

Bro. David you mean in between bottle feeding, diaper change, bonding time with your newborn right! :uhhuh: Happy baby, happy wife, happy daddy. Congrats and enjoy the book! :rockon:

Edited by loving life

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

10 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I bought the book! :bouncing:

Just bought the Patterns of Evidence book from off Amazon too!!!! (Cost me NZ$20.00 - but I weighed up - buying lunches this week or buying this book - book won!) The pictures in it - worth every cent. Also now reading "Just  See Yourself" - which is also focused on the resurrection of the unrighteous. By Thomas Walker.  What I'm enjoying about these books is they are keeping me focused on the new system. I'm starting to build my OWN scenarios (which may or may not include beards or eating meat haha), but it is helping me make Jehovah's promises more tangible almost tactile. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

10 hours ago, Dages said:

Ho, it's only 125 pages... looks very short. I thought the 20% free was these 125 pages. I want more. :D

Yeah I wouldn't call it a Novel by those standards ... the Book "Critical Times" dealt with in another thread is more a novel.

13 hours ago, Dages said:

I downloaded the book in PDF format and noticed that it's only 106 pages, with no cover page nor table of contents. It has 19 chapters also.  What is the discepancy? To those who have the book, can you confirm this before I start reading? Thanks.

Edited by Omo_Yeme

Yes I too noticed the format changed once I went from the free portion to the bought option. The change could be the platform you are using to read it ... or just simply a different set out - pretty sure the pages are a lot longer than it was in the free copy. I counted the chapters and they were no different and I didn't pick up on any gaps, so I'm figuring it just a format change. You could write to Bill though and ask him about that if you are concerned.

6 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I downloaded the book in PDF format and noticed that it's only 106 pages

How sad.. :( page 107 has such an amazing twist! LOL :lol1:

Don't worry it must be just different format once you purchase 

WEATHER+TOPIC+7+(page+107).jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)