JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Senate Okays Repealing Obamacare

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2459 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/senate-health-care-vote/index.html

There goes health insurance for thousands :unsure: I know a lot of people are rejoicing and I'm sorry if it hurt anyone, but myself and thousands of others will likely be affected by this repeal so my prayers go out to dear Brothers and Sisters who will be losing any help with their healthcare for them or their loved ones... Times are getting rough and we're really gonna have to start relying on Jehovah even moreso!

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

one of my cousins who owns an electronic store said his premiums quadrupled.

from what i can tell its just the wild beast getting more greedy for wicked gains.... nothing the kingdom won't fix.....  i know i like to talk about mercy...but for some judgement will be deserved.

27 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/senate-health-care-vote/index.html

There goes health insurance for thousands ...

The affordable care act is not done away with, it advances to the floor to be debated. Pundits say it is unlikely to pass close scrutiny which is the reason it was passed to the floor. It will be debated, the wording will be changed, amendments will be added and at that stage, it requires 60 percent of the vote to pass. Not likely with the current divisions in the senate.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

25 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

....  they want t keep their jobs more than anything.

Just my 2 cents.

And their health insurance. If they were subject to the Affordable Care Act, they would be speaking from the other side of the mouths.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

yeah and he trum would like to cut media-acid to for me it will only go up 

as of now i pay 750 a month and 50.  to see the doc and 50  for my meds 

i make under 1400  

even under obamcare i cant get any other   health insurance  cus in on dialysis  

even under the  Affordable Care Act  

Edited by bobby

18 hours ago, vern said:

here's my issue with "insurance" ;  the premise is that its suppose to be a shared expense;  the shared expense should not be a shared expense of making corporations profits.

I'm right there with you.  I think insurance itself is the problem.  Companies use it as an excuse to charge exorbitant  prices and mark ups.  Replacing one insurance with another doesn't change the fact that prices are out of control.

Yes, if those in charge of voting for how the insurance works had to rely on it for their own needs, you can be sure that they would come up with a plan that actually works ....

The healthcare plan for the New System has a much better idea .... true preventive care :thumbsup:

But, since we have to live for a while more in this system, we still need something that works for us ... not what puts the most money in a few pockets.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~