JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia Moves to Declare the Bible "Extremist"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2326 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wow the lame excuses they're coming up with... So they are saying it's not a Bible and that the Tetragrammaton doesn't mean Jehovah... All of the King James Bibles of old mention the original translation of Yahweh meaning Jehovah so are the King James Bibles next?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

33 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Wow the lame excuses they're coming up with... So they are saying it's not a Bible and that the Tetragrammaton doesn't mean Jehovah... All of the King James Bibles of old mention the original translation of Yahweh meaning Jehovah so are the King James Bibles next?

Good point. This will not stop us. You know why? Because we found the truth using those flawed translations to begin with, so in order to stop us, they'd have to ban all Bible translations.

I think they are talking about how in the greek scriptures the only way they can put Jehovah in the text is recognixing where in the hebrew the quotes are from and so they are putting jehovah back in where those quotes are............ why they aren't there in the first place is a little strange to me...  but i'm not a scholer or translator so.... but i understand the logic....  just not why the greek text don't use jehovah's name anywayz?

From jw-russia.org:

July 28, 2017 in the Vyborg City Court (Leningrad region), hearings on the suit of the Leningrad-Finland transport prosecutor about the recognition of the canonical Bible, seized at the customs of Jehovah's Witnesses, "extremist material" are resumed. The court received "examination", the authors of which criticize this edition from the standpoint of Orthodox apologetics and attribute to it extremist content!

This "expertise" was carried out by the teacher Natalia Kryukova , the author of about 50 similar conclusions against Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as her constant co-authors - the Orthodox religious scholar V. Kotelnikov and the English translator A. Tarasov. Earlier, the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation filed an application to initiate criminal proceedings against Kryukova for giving false expert opinions (Article 307 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation). For example, on the basis of the conclusions of this "expert", two believers in the Moscow region have been subjected to unfair prosecution for many years.

The actions of N. Kryukova in relation to her evaluation of the Bible, seized from Jehovah's Witnesses, are indicative. In her conclusion of June 6, 2017, Kryukova, proving that this edition is not the Bible, says: "In the book" Holy Scripture - Translation of the New World "there are no generally accepted names" Old Testament "and" New Testament ", these sections are called" Jewish-Aramaic Writings "and" Christian Greek Scriptures. " And as an argument in favor of the "extremist" nature of the material submitted for examination, the authors of the conclusion give the following quotation at least 12 times (!): "God rained fire and sulfur on Sodom and the nearby city of Gomorrah. All their wicked inhabitants perished. "

The attempt to recognize the extremist Bible itself seems implausible on the background of the fact that in the fall of 2015, the Russian president put forward and signed a law that protects the Holy Scriptures, including the Bible, from anti-extremist legislation. Nevertheless, the prosecutor's claim is a fait accompli: on Friday, July 28, 2017, the court can recognize for the first time in history the "extremist material" - the canonical Bible!

The decision on this case can touch very many, because the Bible is a respected and widespread book in Russia. In Russian there are at least 50 different translations of the whole Bible or its sections. The suit of the prosecutor's office has already caused unanimous condemnation of human rights activists and religious scholars.

Bible Trial Postponed until August 9, 2017.

On July 28, 2017, hearings on the first Russian case on the prohibition of the translation of the Bibleresumed. Despite the stated petition, for the process was not provided a roomy meeting room, so as listeners in the hall could enter only 7 people.

A few minutes after the start, the process was postponed, as one of the parties was not properly notified about the hearings, namely a temporary storage warehouse, where a batch of Bibles detained at the customs house is kept.

The hearing will continue on August 9, 2017 at 9:30.

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170728a.html

Jehovah's Witnesses' translation of Bible goes to court
........they will try to prove that this Bible is not at all the Bible but is a strange book in a gray cover.

Are they aware of the consequences?  Don't think so........

I think they might 'find it extremist' and ban it, which is sad and wrong, but it won't stop us.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 minutes ago, BibleSteve said:

Russian human rights commissioner: "The European Court does not meet our view on justice… Our system is more perfect than the European one."

Perfect for a court of roos.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, Enoch said:

6,000 years is almost up, from Eve's CREATION!

you know there is no way to get that date?

and it seems the 7 thousand year creative days is off the table now... rest day being 7 thousand years is little up in the air.....?   can the rest day be 7 thousand years; and the creative days not be 7 thousand?

The only real thing we have is 1914 and Jesus taking possession of the earth in the midst of his enemies.  and the 2 over lapping generations would not die out....no?

They can ban our preaching work, they can ban our literature, they can ban our Bibles - but they can't stop us from having a relationship with him and they can't tell us what to think or feel! They cannot nor will they ever outsmart Jehovah!

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

August 9, 2017 in the Vyborg City Court (Leningrad region), hearings continue on the suit of the transport prosecutor's office on recognizing the Bible, seized at the customs of Jehovah's Witnesses, as "extremist material."

It's about the modern translation of the Bible of 2007, known as the Holy Scripture - Translation of the New World. " earlier customs blocked the import of 2,016 copies of this Bible to Russia. Jehovah's Witnesses were also banned from importing parts of the Bible in the official translation of the ROC (Synodal Edition) and the Cognitive Bible, published by the Russian Biblical Society.

March 15, 2016 in the Vyborg City Court hearings began on the ban "Transfer of a new world." caused confusion among religious scholars and human rights activists, including members of the Council under the President of the Russian Federation for Human Rights L. Alekseeva, A. Verkhovsky, V. Ryakhovsky.

Before filing the claim, the prosecutor's office secured the support of the "expert" Natalia Kryukova, known for the authorship of about 50 "scientific" conclusions against Jehovah's Witnesses . Changing the objects of the study, the "expert" stated that this translation of the Bible is "extremist" only because it is used by Jehovah's Witnesses!

However, the Vyborg City Court went further: in violation of the logic of legal proceedings, violating a number of provisions of the RF legislation, Judge Roman Petrov sent the Bible to the forensic examination of the same N. Kryukova ! While the current legislation prohibits the appointment of an examination to an institution whose leader has already conducted research on this subject. The greatest surprise of the court's actions is caused by the fact that the Bible simply can not be subjected to expertise for extremism, since the President of Russia introduced a special amendment to the law on extremism that protects sacred texts, including the Bible, from anti-extremist legislation.

In her new "expert opinion" of June 6, 2017 N. Kryukova expectedly came to the conclusion that there is extremism in this translation of the Bible! In support of her conclusions, she quotes the following quotation at least 12 times (!): "God has poured fire and sulfur on Sodom and the nearby city of Gomorrah with rain. All their wicked inhabitants perished. "

The unjustified inclusion of Jehovah's Witnesses' printed materials in the Federal List of Extremist Materials is the sole cause of all accusations of extremism against official representations of this religion, leading to their total prohibition in Russia.