JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Your Favorite Coffee?

75122=4200-What's_yourfavorite_Coffee.pn Nothing better than the aroma of a fresh cup of Joe in the morning. I just like a plain ole cup of the old fashioned ground coffee. I do like the Kona coffee but nothing fancy for me. Different people for different strokes, what is your cup of coffee?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I use to never like coffee unless it had a big ole glazed donut to dunk in it. I never was good at mmaking coffee because I was not a coffee drinker. A couple of months ago we got a Kuerig Single Cup coffee machine for the lounge and now I can make a perfect cup of coffee everytime. I do have a crush of any of the ice coffeess at any coffee house. A friend in LA taught me how to make the cold coffeess that would put any coffee house to shame.

Take a 1# package of ground coffee--any kind will do--the stronger for this the better it will be. Go ahead--get the cheap strong stuff. Take 8 quarts of cold water (I have a two and a half gallon container from Wal Mart that I use for this purpose. Stir the coffee well into the water. Let set on the counter at least 8-10 hours. Most time I let it sit overnight. After it has done its thing--take cheese cloth and line a fine net strainer and pour the coffee through to remove the grounds. You will see what appears to be sludge in the strainer/cheese cloth. Strain again. Then refrigerate. This will keep up to a month but it never lasts that long! When you are ready for a glass of this liquid gold--take your glass and fill with ice. Pour your cold coffee into the glass about 2/3 full. Pour in a decadent amount of heavy cream and flavor with sugar or any type of bottle syrup (french vanilla, almond syrup, --chocolate--the syrup you see them use at Starbucks--or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Or use a flavored creamer. It you want Vietnamese Coffee stir a couple ounces of Sweetened Condensed milk--no need for sugar or cream! When we take our break when working rural territory and we are in our vicinity we stop by the house and fill our glasses with this rich goodness. It really is delicious. A must try even if you think you do not like coffee. Enjoy!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

75122=4200-What's_yourfavorite_Coffee.pn Nothing better than the aroma of a fresh cup of Joe in the morning. I just like a plain ole cup of the old fashioned ground coffee. I do like the Kona coffee but nothing fancy for me. Different people for different strokes' date=' what is your cup of coffee?[/quote'] Green Mountain (almost any flavor that's made for my Keurig) :coffee: Voni

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

It use to be "Chock Full O Nuts" till the local store stopped carrying it in the big cans.

Then I switched to Maxwell House. I prefer strong Colombian varieties.

(Should I move the favorite beer and favorite wine topics out here to Chit Chat?)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It use to be "Chock Full O Nuts" till the local store stopped carrying it in the big cans.

(Should I move the favorite beer and favorite wine topics out here to Chit Chat?)

(Should I move the favorite beer and favorite wine topics out here to Chit Chat?) Yes

I prefer strong Colombian varieties. My choice too. he stronger the better.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

(Should I move the favorite beer and favorite wine topics out here to Chit Chat?) Yes

I prefer strong Colombian varieties. My choice too. he stronger the better.

How much grinds do you use for 12 cups of strong coffee? I use two 1/3 cup (30ml) measuring spoons full. That is not very strong though.

When I make 12 c's of coffee I use 6 scoops. My scoop is 1/8 cup. Sometimes I add 1 scoop for the pot. :coffee:

My bad, I read the scoop without my glasses, it was a 1/8 cup scoop. So 6 scoops would be three times stronger that mine. I think I would get the jitters with coffee that strong.

When I make 12 c's of coffee I use 6 scoops. My scoop is 1/8 cup. Sometimes I add 1 scoop for the pot. :coffee:

My bad, I read the scoop without my glasses, it was a 1/8 cup scoop. So 6 scoops would be three times stronger that mine. I think I would get the jitters with coffee that strong.

2 Cups every morning.:bouncing:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I drink alot of coffee....whatever is on sale.

I like making my own creamer ,milk and sugar over low heat, ladled

constantly for a long time until it's like frothy rich caramel mixed 1/2 and 1/2

with very strong coffee.

Puerto Rican coffee is the best in the world I think.;)

Just can't always afford it.

I broke down and bought a Keurig coffee maker. I was never into the bizarre coffee flavors but I'll admit it, I'm hooked! Coconut coffee, Chocolate Raspberry and my new favorite, Blueberry coffee by Wild Mountain. In general though, I enjoy just about anything.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

Everyday coffe is Columbian or French Roast, Folgers is my fave! I also like Maxwell House Columbian and French Roast! Both are the Med./Dark roast varieties. I like mine with cream only, no sugar. Occasionally, I like coffee with either sugar free hazelnut creamer or almond joy flavored creamer. More for dessert. I drink about 4-6 cups a day, my husband drinks 4 - 5 pots a day! When it goes on sale, I buy like 6 - 10 large containers at a time! I could probably make a "new" car payment on what we spend in coffee alone! lol! (not really, maybe used). :tea:

Everyday coffe is Columbian or French Roast, Folgers is my fave! I also like Maxwell House Columbian and French Roast! Both are the Med./Dark roast varieties. I like mine with cream only, no sugar. Occasionally, I like coffee with either sugar free hazelnut creamer or almond joy flavored creamer. More for dessert. I drink about 4-6 cups a day, my husband drinks 4 - 5 pots a day! When it goes on sale, I buy like 6 - 10 large containers at a time! I could probably make a "new" car payment on what we spend in coffee alone! lol! (not really, maybe used). :tea:

Buying "6 - 10 large containers at a time", do you put some in the freezer to keep them fresh? I don't know if it works but that's what my wife does. I like the International Delight's: Hershey's Chocolate Caramel coffee creamer but I refuse to buy it because my son drinks it straight out of the bottle, so I get maybe one or two cups of coffee with it and it's gone. Kids???????????

nope, it is gone before it would ever go bad... we go through 1 to 11/2 large containers a week, if I buy 6 they are gone in no more than a month to 5 weeks... this is all year long, not just in winter or cooler months.. it could be 90 outside with 80% humidity and my Alan will be drinking his coffee!

buy your hersheys creamers and hide them in another container! (the kids never find out), especially if you use an old wine bottle with a stopper in it!

I think that I would have to say that Starbucks is my fave! I'm a pretty frugal person but when I worked I treated myself to Starbucks.Got it at Walmart where it was cheaper. Since I have had to quit work I get Walmart's Great Value (Columbian). It really isn't too bad. I seen that it was rated high among the other brands. Can't remember who was doing the rating.

buy your hersheys creamers and hide them in another container! (the kids never find out)' date=' especially if you use an [b']old wine bottle with a stopper in it!

Been there done that, doesn't work for a nosy 20 year old.