JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who runs jw-archive.org?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2308 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No, mainly the creator knows what his webpage got. Facebook was hooked at tumblr. So its on tumblr, I was also the admin. I was interested reading of experiences and translating them later on in Filipino language thru tumblr. And later on the posts that I make will pop-up as shared to the facebook page coming from its tumblr page.

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I was on that site for about 15 minutes awhile ago. I liked the pictures and some news items, but some of the "questions" were a bit sketchy. And then when there were links and downloads of confidential letters. I sent a note to the moderator, and then was told that I was out of line for questioning things, and promptly booted. As with any social media, not the official website, caution is advised. 

I never got booted, since I was never a member. A few years ago I wrote to the librarian@jw-archive.org asking why there are so many semi-apostate posts on his site, asking if he checks the content when things are posted. He never responded. I wonder why?

In one of his own posts back around the same time, he said he does look at the contents of posts. Concerning these "semi-apostate" posts, he claimed to be open-minded and doesn't believe in censorship! In response I put a post on his site directing people to JWTalk if they wanted a better moderated site. The next day my post was gone! (And he doesn't believe in censorship?)

I wanted to enhance my Filipino vocabulary so I wanted anything to Jehovah, atleast, while I was studying. That's my dream. I enjoyed it. But it actually toiled my time. My parents don't know nothing about myself being a translator. As of now, I am happy. I stopped because I once got a discipline from my parents, not morally but thru my time focused and they decided to removed the internet. At first my job makes me happy but it makes me stressful because it kills my needed rest.

Magandang hapon Alexa, aking kapatid! I don't think you're from the Philippines though, since tabi-tabi doesn't seem to be there. Are you in a Tagalog congregation or group?

I made  the mistake of joining his group, he posts confidential material, when I asked why he did that,  he gave me some kind of run- around, not really answering my question, I tried to figure out if he was a apostate, all I know is he is not a good associate, so I left.

Funny thing I found this site after that, I lurked for months, reading what I could, decided  you where not like jwarchieve, than I joined spent months lurking reading even more, then I decided to start posting more, and thinking that you people are OK LOL.  

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I never browsed the jw archives but in the past I lurked in the (xxx###.com .) ( we don't advertise other anti- Jw sites Mod edit Lance) !Let me clarify that I was never interested in learning their doctrines but I was curious about the personal estories. I wanted to know what led them to the dark side or limbo.

Then I realized that they either had a combination of mental impairments and abusive parents who labeled themselves jw, or although some of them were raised in the congregation they never experienced the truth with their hearts. Going to the meetings and field service were part of formalities and mere routine. Real faith was never involved. They experienced the Christian life with earthly vision seeing the imperfection of brothers, change in procedures and clarification on current understandings of fulfillment of prophecies as a sign that we do not have Jehovah' s approval. They blinded themselves willingly from everything else we got right. They belong to another cult ( since according to them we are members of one) Jw haters cult. Everything now is black or white. We are now 8 million of brain washed and bad people that allow their kids to die from lack of blood transfusion and protect pedophiles, blab bla bla. Most of them don't even believe in God and the rest are in spiritual limbo.

It is a sad situation and I felt sorry with some stories. In the end is their option and I respect that. But I will never understand the " spitting in the plate that you ate" aspect. And the strong feelings and deep resentment. The general over reaction. Well I am done with that. After a little while, the stories repeat themselves. And you can clearly see the pattern. The actually attack each other, call themselves names. The whole spirit of the website is depressing and low.Then I found this website and aside from our shared faith I can feel the difference in the quality of the people even when there are disagreements.

Once I read a post there by a member saying whe he felt that most of us would never be in his words , awaken. I printed the post. I found interesting because a few of them know exactly why we will never leave our organization. I will try to remember because I don't have it here. There was this guy that went to meet a faithful brother with something printed from the net with a few of their doctrines . And the brother told him : Please don't come to me with that. I am very aware of all the ex jw websites out there. I am very happy with my life as a Christian. I have a family a house friends and my faith. I understand that there are current understanding of fulfillment of prophecies that might be incorrect and change. But you guys don't have the answer either and you speculate a lot. And you have no faith at all, nothing to offer. The worst thing in life is either dying without a hope or loosing someone without the hope to see them ever again. Now please don't try to preach to me again. And they went in separate ways. Of course the others did not like it . I loved it and have it.

During that time I found out that the founder is a guy named Simon that created the forum a long time ago while he was still among us and attracted a lot of people with the same earthly mindset.

It appears that he was df. And a lot of them are df or faded or ds. And a few are actually active and working under cover which besides being sad shows exactly what kind of moral standards they have.

Edited to remove site address we don't allow. Vernalee

Edited by TheDoorGuy

Most of these so called 'jw' sites have apostate leanings. We just need to be careful and act wisely. Who knows some could even be here.

The moderators on this site are constantly looking for unchristian conduct and weeding them out. There may be apostates here but they will be discovered and banned.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Quoting  Brother Richard CA

They actually claim that they have undercover associates here. Sooner or later they will betray themselves. The only way to keep the disguise is being inactive. What is the point of being inactive just to read our comments? It is beyond my understanding. They could use the time to go the gym, go on a diet, work overtime so they can to the Caribbean on vacation. There are a million things they could be doing to enjoy life while they exist.  

Judas was "undercover" and when exposed ... Departed

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Quoting  Brother Richard CA

They actually claim that they have undercover associates here. Sooner or later they will betray themselves. The only way to keep the disguise is being inactive. What is the point of being inactive just to read our comments? It is beyond my understanding. They could use the time to go the gym, go on a diet, work overtime so they can to the Caribbean on vacation. There are a million things they could be doing to enjoy life while they exist.  

It's not just a claim. I joined their site this past Jan, a month after I joined Jwtalk. They have just enough "legitimate" postings of Jw's activites to appear genuine, (1 Cor4:4).  But it's highly unorganized over there, and one member would always say things, that would never be allowed on this site. I could never discern who was running that site, so I never posted anything.  

Whenever I got an email of a new posting from them, I would just skim over the items of interest like Jw cart witnessing etc. Otherwise, I didn't visit the site enough, to sense that something was really off about them...until last month.

Except for one member from here, who is no longer active, I never saw any members from jwtalk over there. So, one night when I saw 3 verbatim postings, from 3 highly active members of JWTalk, on JW Archives...the hair on my skin stood up, and It felt awkward. I PM the members asking if they posted over there, and they said they didn't even know about the site.

So whomever these undercover associates are, they are not just reading comments from this site...they are copying and posting them elsewhere. 

I unsubscribed from them and thankfully they must have honor that, as I haven't gotten any of their updates for the past 3wks. 

Edited by EVE 2015

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

So whomever these undercover associates are, they are not just reading comments from this site...they are copying and posting them elsewhere. 

When I first joined JWT I couldn't understand why we would use a pseudonym among our brothers, later I realized that other people could take our comments out of context and post them publicly, perhaps even making it look like we were critical of the FDS or each other. I understand why it's wise to not publish my full name on this site, there may be apostate lurkers looking for a chance to slander me with my own words.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This is the same reason our forum policy says:

* Do not post publicly identifiable information, such as your email address, phone number, street address, etc, on any public posting. We hide all email addresses from profiles and encourage communication using the forum and the private messaging system only. If you trade usernames or email addresses for other communication services, you are doing so at your own risk. Remember, while every effort is made to make sure that only active publishers associated with Jehovah's people are granted membership, there is no real way to verify the identity and congregational status of everyone inside. The faithful slave cautions against associating with people whom you do not know over the internet, even when they claim to be your fellow brothers and sisters. Those cautionary statements are valid and apply to this forum as well.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/1450-forum-membership-policy-plus-discussion-and-qa/

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yvette, just a small correction. They were copying and posting. :wink: The member who was doing that was identified and removed, and no more posts have been stolen since, or at least not from private areas.

Anyway you're right that that's always a risk when publishing anything online.

• 1 year later...
25 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Bump.

This is one of those topics that it is good to remind the members of.

:wave:

Is someone stealing my jokes again. :tsk:

:lol: