JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How many languages do you speak?

I can't post a sample of Borg because it's digital and has no written equivalent. But I am fluent in most Federation languages. Here is a sample of Klingon:

naDev vuDmey Daj lutmey Sagh je DalaDlaH

Translation:

Here you can read interesting opinons and articles :borg:

Really thanks mines a double Brandy:lol2:

I speak 2 English and Gobbledygook lol:raspberry:

I speak Gobbledygook too. Sample:

fkdws cn,b .o[pqlwgd gldjc dcjklbK JO QPkh dgd hevk evdbsjklbc

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

Really thanks mines a double Brandy:lol2:

I speak 2 English and Gobbledygook lol:raspberry:

I speak Gobbledygook too. Sample:

fkdws cn,b .o[pqlwgd gldjc dcjklbK JO QPkh dgd hevk evdbsjklbc

I can speak English, American and Australian. I can also speak jibberish. Havagave avaga nivigice davagay. (Have a nice day)

so MY family genes include french traced back thru a few generations.

so I love learning French

Italian and a bit of spanish and some Japanese.

with the apps you can find free sample languages to help you learn,

I am fascinated with that language as well. my territory is different to where i grew up,

but maybe it will come in handy

and also a little german as my great grandfather was from germany.

I also love the Indian and Fiji Indian, where i grew up my home cong was a great and still is from what I hear.

like about 40 different nationalities so when I went preaching I would work with different ones and get them to teach me,

There was Italian, korean, spanish, french, german, austrian, chinese, Japanese, phillopino, greek. dutch, Irish, scottish,

portugese, Chillian, Indian, one sister before she came in the truth use to have her own servants, fijian indian,

Indonesian, Zimbawe. african, papa new guinea. sweden, there is so many to list,

now the cong I am in is mostly dutch and german regions, but every culture is facinating and I love the hawaiian language,

au revoir, salut, à la prochaine. ciao,

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

New Greek, Old Greek, http://www.watjang.nl/guestbook/images/thumbup.gif

I did French and English at school

In French I Remember only "Je suis Nicolas"

I has speak English since 1990 and more years to write in English. I want to thank this forum because it helps me to remember English.

A month ago I started to learn German I quit because March is a difficult month, auxiliary pioneer , memorial, Circuit Overseer Visit us.

I would love to learn Spanish, I like the sound in my ears.

In the new world will speak one language or many?

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

I misuse three: Russian, Ukrainian and English (do not know which one of 2 :shrugs: )

I really need to learn how to use my tongue properly and do not hurt people. :(

The most important language I hope to learn some day - language of loving kindness.:readbible:

"Absolute rubbish”

I misuse three: Russian, Ukrainian and English (do not know which one of 2 :shrugs: )

The most important language I hope to learn some day - language of loving kindness.:readbible:

I always wonder what was the difference Ukrainian with Russian :help:

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

I always wonder what was the difference Ukrainian with Russian :help:

The difference is about the same as between Old Greek and New Greek, I guess.:)

Ukrainian and Russian both came from the one root - Old Russian; but then went by different ways.

Ukrainian language is closer now to Old Russian than the modern Russian itself.

"Absolute rubbish”

Uh, well, honestly I can say three languages well and basics of one language. ALTHOUGH I sometimes may mention to others that I have tried to learn many other languages, too, and have had an interest in learning even more languages.

My mother tongue is Finnish, I can English fluently and Swedish if not as much as English, then at least well enough having lived for the past four years plus. Because there are many Eritrean and Ethiopian refugees and immigrants in Sweden, I have strived to learn Tigrinya and have received lots of joy in my service of Jehovah that way. Actually that is now pretty much the only way I do have any joy left...

Err, AA-AANYWAYY... At school I've also tried to learn French, German, Spanish and in my free time taken courses in Estonian and Portuguese. Even if I can understand a word here and there in those languages, I try not to claim that I actually can speak them. The reason for this is that a couple of years back I was interviewed at our Circuit Assembly on the subject of trials I suffer and have suffered. The CO who had the item thought it would be a good idea to mention my zeal for languages and so did I. Afterwards, as it turned out, though, people--as they can't speak of emotional problems--only focused on talking to me about those languages, NOT the main reason why I was interviewed :shrugs::nope:

Also, during years I have had a strong interest in languages such as Icelandic and Czech. Not to mention my efforts to create my own fictitious languages. But THAT's pretty sad anyways. That's what happens when you can't cope in the real world and have to resort to having friends in your own mind instead :no:

So in brief, 3 + 1 equals to 4, I s'pose.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Err, AA-AANYWAYY... At school I've also tried to learn French, German, Spanish and in my free time taken courses in Estonian and Portuguese. Even if I can understand a word here and there in those languages, I try not to claim that I actually can speak them. The reason for this is that a couple of years back I was interviewed at our Circuit Assembly on the subject of trials I suffer and have suffered. The CO who had the item thought it would be a good idea to mention my zeal for languages and so did I. Afterwards, as it turned out, though, people--as they can't speak of emotional problems--only focused on talking to me about those languages, NOT the main reason why I was interviewed :shrugs::nope:

Being interviewed like that is a great privilege, it's nice that the CO thought to use you for that.

Nothing wrong with inventing languages either. Other people have tried that, in the case for example of Esperanto.

I know English. I took Spanish 1 year in school, but didn't use it, so I lost 99% of it. My wife knows English & Spanish. What's funny is she can speak it (90 miles an hour) with her mother, but when I ask for One word, she's lost. Here's another experience: She went to Mexican Restaurant here with another couple. The brother asked for 'Knife' that wasn't in napkin. The waiter only spoke Spanish; 1st brought him another napkin/silverware, then brought another 'fork'. Finally my wife spoke up & told waiter : "Cuchillo". The brother was surprised my wife spoke Spanish. His wife didn't know either.

My wife told them she is Spanish. The waiter brought the knife. Her spanish also comes in useful in service & when couples come to look for rental home, as they will speak spanish, thinking we don't understand them.

I speak, read and write English and German.

I also speak Canadian and American, ROTFL

Inge

You speak English AND American too! Wow, that is some achievement.

I speak English, a small amount of German inherited from school, Some Czech (learning for the ministry but losing it because of lack of opportunity to use it) and some words in Albanian, Romanian, Swahili, Somali (usually greetings to 'break the ice').

My mother tongue is Yorkshire dialect.