JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What if we treated our Bibles like our cell phones?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3313 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible? Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected... because Jesus already paid the bill.

Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities?

And no dropped calls!

Way ahead of you there - my mobile phone has several Bibles on it, it is very handy, but you can get some funny looks in the meeting while reading the Bible...

I'm sure you would :-)

You must have one of those smart phones. I haven't stepped up to something like that yet. Though with the disappearance of my short term memory this last year, I've been thinking about it. I've been trying to use a calendar, but I forget to check it :-)

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts? Hmmm..... I do give the Bible as a gift but not to the kids. I give the Large print Bible as a wedding shower gift. Here is what I do.....I make it a personal Family Bible.

The first step is to locate a place that will engrave the family name on the cover of the large print edition. This way makes it more personal. Second I take the time to research some scriptures that I think they will find useful in their marriage. This is where I get creative. The next thing I do is to create a sort of family tree page/marriage date in the front of the Bible. I write in the scripture along with my best wishes there in a fancy script, including a bookmark. This way they have to open the Bible too. (tu) The people who have received them really seem to love these Bibles and do use them! Most of all I am able to place Bibles with people who may never have accepted them before.

• 5 years later...

How are we doing now a few years later?

It reminds me of a brother who talked about we better have THE book in our face (the Bible that is) than to be too concentrated having our face in the book ... or Facebooking... It kind of fell flat but at the same time it is really like Teresa says it... We should be just as hooked!