JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How can I get the Daily Text delivered to my email?

Considering Our Daily Text

A FeedBurner account entitled “Considering Our Daily Text” is used for deliver the scripture for the day along with the comments from publication "Examining the Scriptures Daily", published by Jehovah's Witnesses. The list was originally started by JWTalk members for JWTalk members only, but after some brief discussion, the decision was made to open it up to the public. Please note that Examining the Scriptures Daily is available to the public for download at http://www.jw.org - the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. However, signing up with us will have it delivered to you each day.

If you would like to receive the days text via email, CLICK HERE and sign up with your email address. After you confirm your email address with FeedBurner, you will receive it each day as it is posted here at JWTalk Forums.

The mailing list is currently connected to the discussion forum. If you are not a member of the discussion forum you will not be able to comment here on the forum. In other words, anybody may CLICK HERE and sign up to receive the Daily Text in their email each day. However, posting here on JWTalk Forums is limited to registered members only.

Signing up for the daily text email list does not make you a member of JWTalk’s Discussion Forum.

Everyone’s email address is hidden for the protection and privacy of everyone.

To get the Daily Text in your email, you must click this link...

http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=JWTalk-Daily-Text&loc=en_US

... and register your email address, AND respond to the verification email that FeedBurner will send you.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have an option if we want to receive a comment or not?

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

Is it possible to have an option if we want to receive a comment or not?

1) Stay on the Google Groups list, and you will receive comments via email. In fact, ALL posts will be sent in real time via email. We will not be abandoning this method of delivery since over 300 people use it. However we are encouraging all to...

2) Join the FeedBurner list and unsubscribe from the Google Groups list to ensure that you only receive the first post / new topic, which is typically always the days text, and not receive any subsequent comments via email. (The FeedBurner list is based on an RSS feed which I can configure NOT to show comments).

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Are you now the OP of the Daily Text or just temporary? :tongue:

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

• 4 months later...

What is an OP? was that pertaining to me,all i said we do have soething like this in Holland and we leave comment where everyone can learn from but the brother that has the site is very sich so i dont get the mail everyday so and being as i was reborn in the states and my englisch still pretty good i would like to do this in different languages your sister anita

129002=7190-JEHOVAHS NAAM IN GEBOUWEN EN

And if the reply option is gone, just start a new topic in the interchange about that Scripture. We will all see it then :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I can't remember if the option to comment went away or not.

I know we had hidden the forum from the index page and removed the tab for it because nobody posted comments anyway. Plus, we purge the forum of past posts every so often (the more we archive the days text, the closer to copyright infringement we get, and we are now 6 years of not getting a letter from the legal department and want to keep it that way).

In my opinion, if you like a days text so much that you want to say something about it, make a comment in the Interchange. That where most members spend their time and it WILL be seen and hopefully participated in.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 12/10/2022 at 9:36 PM, Sewgood said:

I have been getting the days text emailed to me for years, but this year it stopped.  Is there any way this could start up again please as I would forward it on to family members that aren't in the truth and they really enjoyed it as well?  Thanks.

Tell them go to JW.org and to Library and to Online Library. The Daily Text is there. By seeing this, they might look into jw.org even more.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:36 AM, Sewgood said:

I have been getting the days text emailed to me for years, but this year it stopped.  Is there any way this could start up again please as I would forward it on to family members that aren't in the truth and they really enjoyed it as well?  Thanks.

Hi Judy! Thanks for reporting this. We will have a look to see what's failing.