JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Links to more websites produced and maintained by other Jehovah’s Witnesses (Master List)

1 hour ago, Katty said:

Does the web page have to be about bible based things? because I'm gonna finish my portfolio web page, soon, that I plan on using when applying to do remote work for Bethel.

Nope. Just tell us a little about it.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 2:54 PM, pholmes38 said:

I only found this by accident; a website listing 1000+ illustrations for use in talks.

I have no idea who runs the site, but here is the link:

http://myjwillustration.com/

Wow.. this is a great resource to browse.. I like this one under Arrogance

HIGH BEAMS

Knowledge can be compared to light. On a dark road, the car headlights can provide the illumination we need to avoid accidents. Sometimes we need to use the high beams. If we try to use the high beams unnecessarily, though, other drivers on the road will be blinded, annoyed, some may even honk the horn at us. They will think we are careless and will try to drive far away from us. Likewise, we all have a measure of knowledge and intelligence that illuminate our path, like headlights. And we might have a measure of expertise in a particular area that, like the high beams, may come in handy in certain situations. However, showing off our intelligence all the time will not endear us to our friends, but will irritate them. People don't appreciate the overwhelming illumination of a know-it-all individual always correcting others, giving unsolicited explanations of how things work or how to do things. We should use the high beams, our in-depth knowledge, wisely.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2013 at 7:38 PM, LoneWanderer said:

Another Android app for field service not mentioned in the list is Ministry Assistant, not to be confused with something called "My Ministry Assistant":

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lostpixels.fieldservice

I've been using this for years. The brother now has a YouTube video to explain it if you can. Speed read. 

It's an excellent help and the website ministrassistant.net is very helpful. 

So is the brother who runs it. Any problems Marcus will sort them out. 

Mac

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 11:18 PM, Guri said:

Hello br. Jim, 

Yes, the last two links of blogs are in Georgian. The first 2 links were in Russian, all run by our brothers. 

Wow, you are Georgian, after all. My guess in the beards topic that people in Cent. Asia would think you look like a Georgian was correct then. That means you also speak Russian. :)

2 hours ago, Bek said:

Wow, you are Georgian, after all. My guess in the beards topic that people in Cent. Asia would think you look like a Georgian was correct then. That means you also speak Russian. :)

Br. Murzat, 

Да, конечно. :) Yes, you are correct,  originally I'm from Georgia (Tbilisi).  Since 2001 I live in the UK though. So my Georgian beard found real freedom in here :)  and yes, I do speak, read and write in Russian as the most of Georgians do.  The  Soviet Union time learning Russian were compulsory.  :hammer:  :D 

Our secretary uses the Hourglass app to have us report our field service time. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Questions Brothers and Sister's, what's happened to the Video's with some of the recorded talks?  I went on Proclaimers Website, most are You Tube video's but as of July 6, 2019, they are no longer there.  Was it a case of copy rights?

We are not supposed to publish other people’s talks on any website. They are published in JW.org when necessary. Perhaps they finally understood the instructions?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 2:23 AM, Thesauron said:

We are not supposed to publish other people’s talks on any website. They are published in JW.org when necessary. Perhaps they finally understood the instructions?

This reminds me of the illicit drug probem in this country, the one selling illicit drugs is providing for the one with an illicit need, both are in violation of the law.

Now when it comes to watching talks posted on youtube, both the user and the provider know it is has been explained time and again that personal recorded material is not to be distributed, we hear it at every major program and are reminders here on JWTalk. We have instructions not to post recorded talks or might I say black market talks on youtube. It still goes on. The user feels their need exceeds the need to follow instructions, the provider is just fullfilling the need of the user and ignores the need to follow instructions. 

Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been is what will be, And what has been done will be done again; There is nothing new under the sun."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, careful said:

"setting the record straight" seems to be quite old and not updated to reflect recent changes in our beliefs. Correct me if I'm wrong

I remember I was quite impressed by that website but I haven't visited it in some time so it may be outdated. What I remember the most are some articles about the destruction of Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E.

Can you point to some specific detail where an older understanding is presented there? Maybe we can contact them about it. :)

Hi careful,

The positions on 607 BCE and on blood are still current. The only thing “old” is that quoted scriptures are from the pre-2013 NWT.

Other than that minor point that does not affect the reasoning, the other topics really haven’t changed.

However it does showcase the 2011 Watchrower articles on 607 BCE which expresses our current position.

Edited by Jimspace

I like to find another site for JW'S, that once had old vh tapes or CD's of Brother Lee Water's talks.  I found 4 on JWProclaimers, but I know there are others, like the one he gave describing the trial of Jesus and death.   I heard this talk many years ago and I have not heard it since.  I also found out that Br. Waters passed away some time ago as well.  Fantastic speaker, and researcher.   Does anyone in here know where I can download more video's or her cd copies of Br. Lee Waters, and I might add Br. Aulicino too.  Br. A., is still alive and is 87 years old and living at Fishkill, NY.  He no longer gives that many talks.  But he was almost equal to Br. Waters.  

Wow! Bro Ciro Aulicino is still alive, that’s awesome! There are some of his talks on JW proclaimers because I have listened to them! Still as good as ever!

Voni in NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone in here know of a company run by friends, who can get you cheap flights any where in the country we live in?  A sister said her son gets flights with some company run by brother's who (something like Expedia) can help get good prices for flying.  I doubt the Governing Body brothers fly first class. 

44 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I doubt the Governing Body brothers fly first class. 

Why?

I've heard (but can't confirm) that they fly first class because of all the airline mile points that are donated to the Branch or have been earned by Branch fliers..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Back in the 1970's I knew a Brother who was a multi-millionaire (back then that was a lot of money). When he knew that GB needed/wanted to go some where, especially overseas, he called and asked how many tickets they needed ... then he paid for them - how ever many they needed, all first class. He did this on a fairly regular basis. Once in a while he and his wife would go with them ... but usually they just continued their regular pioneer assignment.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Why?
I've heard (but can't confirm) that they fly first class. ..

I heard from a CO (but not confirmed), that a GB member (N H Knorr) was flying 'economy' on a long-haul flight, and he was asked why they fly economy. He replied that there was no 'stowage' (lower) class to fly, as they were very conscious of their use of dedicated funds.
Personally I would be happy if they fly First Class. They deserve our support.

Just Older

• 2 weeks later...