JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prince Likes to Keep it Clean!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3381 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I know a sister who used to be in bro.Nelson's congregation when he was still living in Minn. If I am correct before the year 2004, not sure which, bro.Nelson opened Pasley Park, his recording studio, for the memorial and there was something over 250 arttened. He had also at that tiem already studied with some who had dedicated there life and were baptized. During the past 3 years there was also a brother from Min, who with his family were a part of OUR congregation and spoke many times of seeing bro.Nelson at assemblies and conventions. Of course this is still second hand news.

In recent years he has released a music video titled "I'm TheOne You Wanna C" and I cannot any longer find it with ease, as bro.Nelson is very protectective of his musical copyrights and stuff. In that video at, if I recall, at somewhere around 2:53 or close the video shows a NWT laying on an end table. Very clear!

A few years ago he wrote the song for "Song Of The Heart" for the movie "Happy Feet" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR1tAE8ZvCo

When not touring now he does reside in a Calf. community where he won't be mobbed out in service!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

The clip above has been removed and this one might be too. Bro.Nelson and his staff are vigilant in protecting copyrighted music. I am not a copyright lawyer and just want to share good things with good people!!!! and brothers ansd sisters in the faith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jV1ee8eYu0

:dance::dance::dance::dance: Got dem Happy Feets!!!!

PRINCE LIKES TO KEEP IT CLEAN

ANDREW HORNERY

19 May, 2012 03:00 AM

Prince has also made it clear no one is to wear any crucifixes on their body or clothing if they are working backstage. Jehovah's Witnesses believe the cross is a ''pagan'' symbol and do not use it in their worship.

Article Source: Blayney Chronicle

I'd love to see how he would deal with a person who has tattoos of them.... the visible kind...:sweat:

But on a serious note ... Isn't this kind of like restricting a person's freedom of religion ... I mean I know of other witnesses who are business people and they don't restrict their employees as to what they can't wear ( as far as religious symbols and the like ) ?

Since we aren't fanatics about things this kind of makes me wonder about him ...:glare:

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

• 1 year later...

I don't even have to see the video to see there might be a bit of a problem here. If these entertainers who have acquaintance with the truth have enough money, (I'm sure they had the opportunity to make it) they need to hang up the sparkles, and pioneer, as Teresa Graves did. Don't think this world's attitude about entertainment is conducive with serving Jehovah.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Saw him on the View once he walked out and was greeted like the Messiah ....... Interviewed by Sherri Shepherd who declared she has wanted to make love to him her whole life ........( Sherri is the one raised in the truth but openly declares how hard done she was as a child because she was forced to follow teachings of JW ) .....

Hmmmmmm

I don't even have to see the video to see there might be a bit of a problem here. If these entertainers who have acquaintance with the truth have enough money, (I'm sure they had the opportunity to make it) they need to hang up the sparkles, and pioneer, as Teresa Graves did. Don't think this world's attitude about entertainment is conducive with serving Jehovah.

sports stars too - give up the racket!

I have watched a couple of Prince videos on you tube.

The impression is that he is very serious on his worship of Jehovah.

This the only way he could be in the music business and still maintain his faith.

He certainly looks to only one master.

When he was in Grand Rapids, MI USA several years ago my son and daughter in law saw him at their congregation meeting on Sunday.

Awesome! He does go to meetings.

It really isn't fair to say that anyone (entertainer or athlete) must give up their monetary pursuits and pioneer. That is a slippery slope. There may be someone in a less fortunate position than you or eye that could say the same about us. We should all keep our eyes on our own paper and stop worrying about what other people do. Serving at Bethel isn't for everyone regardless of circumstances, and neither is pioneering. I've known sisters in particular to have people judge them for not pioneering, and it is nobody else's business. That is between them and Jehovah, not any of us. As for Prince, I'm just happy that he's come to know Jehovah on whatever level and wish him the best in continuing to do so. I hope we can all just be happy that anyone should do the same, regardless of their financial or other status in the world.

Saw him on the View once he walked out and was greeted like the Messiah ....... Interviewed by Sherri Shepherd who declared she has wanted to make love to him her whole life ........( Sherri is the one raised in the truth but openly declares how hard done she was as a child because she was forced to follow teachings of JW ) .....

Hmmmmmm

and our brother if i remember correctly on the host making those comments left the program immediately... walked straight off. reminding me of the potiphers wife account.

I am not comfortable saying what another brother or sister should do, career-wise, or in the way they serve Jehovah. That is a personal decision. I know it's a human tendency, and I have been guilty of the "well, if I were that brother or sister, I would do this or that" type of thinking at times, but the faithful slave has cautioned against it.

If Prince is serving Jehovah, that's awesome and I am happy about it. Good on him. I do wonder, though, if I would be able to pretend not to stare at him if he were ever to attend one of our meetings. :uhhuh:

.. one of the brothers from my cong. moved to france. an english speaking cong in paris... prince walks in the Kingdom Hall and sits next to my friend who introduces himself and asks who he is ... he was totally oblivious to who it was and that must be quite refreshing for prince i wouldve thought. it wss just brothers together there to draw closer to and worship our Heavenly Father. :-)

.. one of the brothers from my cong. moved to france. an english speaking cong in paris... prince walks in the Kingdom Hall and sits next to my friend who introduces himself and asks who he is ... he was totally oblivious to who it was and that must be quite refreshing for prince i wouldve thought. it wss just brothers together there to draw closer to and worship our Heavenly Father. :-)

And while I know this in theory, the reality for me is that same feeling I get when I am around a circuit overseer or branch overseer, etc....a little nervous and feeling out of my league. I know it's not how I should feel, but I do anyway. :unsure:

It's funny. Many years ago when I used to hang wall covering for a living I had to go do a job for a guy who owned a bank. He was worth MILLIONS personally.

The guy who hired me kept telling me how "nice" the house was and kept reminding me of this man's wealth. When I went to pick up the materials to do the job the owner of the store where the wall covering had been purchased was a guy I had gone to school with. When I asked him about the job and the guy who owned the house he made a comment that was quite fitting .....

Just this pass Sunday, during the Watchtower, one of our Elders made the same comment - he was applying it to the Elders, including himself .....

Just remember, we all put our pants on "one leg at a time" 

Never let someone who has a position, money, prominence or anything else that some would use to put them on high seem better than you ..... chances are, they put their pants on the same way you do.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It's funny. Many years ago when I used to hang wall covering for a living I had to go do a job for a guy who owned a bank. He was worth MILLIONS personally.

The guy who hired me kept telling me how "nice" the house was and kept reminding me of this man's wealth. When I went to pick up the materials to do the job the owner of the store where the wall covering had been purchased was a guy I had gone to school with. When I asked him about the job and the guy who owned the house he made a comment that was quite fitting .....

Just this pass Sunday, during the Watchtower, one of our Elders made the same comment - he was applying it to the Elders, including himself .....

Just remember, we all put our pants on "one leg at a time" 

Never let someone who has a position, money, prominence or anything else that some would use to put them on high seem better than you ..... chances are, they put their pants on the same way you do.

I should warn you that I kid around a lot (hence the comment about pretending not to stare if Prince were to attend one of my meetings). :headphones:  But truly, our brothers are so down to earth and humble that it's extremely rare to feel intimidated around any of them. Having come into the truth when I was 36, I view it as a tremendous privilege to belong to Jehovah's wonderful organization.

It really isn't fair to say that anyone (entertainer or athlete) must give up their monetary pursuits and pioneer. That is a slippery slope. There may be someone in a less fortunate position than you or eye that could say the same about us. We should all keep our eyes on our own paper and stop worrying about what other people do. Serving at Bethel isn't for everyone regardless of circumstances, and neither is pioneering. I've known sisters in particular to have people judge them for not pioneering, and it is nobody else's business. That is between them and Jehovah, not any of us. As for Prince, I'm just happy that he's come to know Jehovah on whatever level and wish him the best in continuing to do so. I hope we can all just be happy that anyone should do the same, regardless of their financial or other status in the world.

We all have a reality in which we live. What is comfortable and 'normal' for a mountain dweller in the Appalachian Mountains will NOT be 'normal' and comfortable for the local surfer in Florida. It's a ridiculous comparison I know but it needs to be because to relate to Prince's world would be just about as extreme for the average person. He is comfortable, familiar, with his world. And what we might say is 'awful, horrible, filthy etc' is normal every day stuff to him and he, more than likely, doesn't give it a second thought. That's why, I believe, Jehovah chooses us from all walks of life. I have a hard time relating to fast talking, manipulative people, but some don't have any trouble at all keeping up. As for me, I can easily handle the ones that are a bit dramatic and blow a lot of hot air, but not everyone can.

Prince has his place in the "body" that makes up Jah's organization. Personally I'm thrilled, I can't stand wealthy, pompous, spoiled people so Prince can do it for me!

I agree with Mike, keeping my nose in my own paperwork has saved me from myself countless times. And I know sometimes we, as people, speak because we care and not necessarily because we want to adversely judge. Our brothers caution us to be careful when we speak, and on the occasion when we do a boo-boo we also need to be as quick to forgive and not look for something to jump on. 

I love the balance in Jehovah's organization, beautifully in motion.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

LOL!!!!!!!! We have an elder who says he can't wait to run naked in the new world.

Why can't he do it already now? How does he know his doing so wouldn't cast doubt upon his qualifications as a shepherd in the New World? :lol:

(Sorry, not much to do with Mr./Br. Prince this :D)

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

• 10 months later...

Here I go resurrecting an old thread, but here's something that's been on my mind for the past few days... My mother insists that Prince is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses and so no longer wants to listen to his music. All because she heard from a sister who saw him on TV (not sure what show) and saw him using his symbol again (which is somehow bad?). I him on Arsenio almost a year ago and even though he was dressed a little differently he seemed okay. Arsenio talked about how he used to act and how he changed. More recently he was on SNL, a guest musician appearence. I haven't seen it but maybe that's where the sister picked up on that idea. I'll check it soon.

Also, this year and I think 2013 Prince was more active on social media than ever and I followed him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Nothing seemed out of the normal with his post, they didn't scream "no longer a JW". There was a failed Q&A session but that was it. But recently he deleted all of his accounts suddenly. I don't know if it's good or bad or a promotional thing. But anyway, I'm just wondering if this assumption was true. Unfortunately there's no way I could google this question and Prince's unofficial fansite forum is filled with worldly anti-JW "fans" who disrespect his beliefs and/or his recent actions or attitudes which make me wonder how and why they're "fans" in the first place. There's a few who do respect him, but the first time I visited the site I mostly saw the former. So definitely not going there to find out. So anyone know or have any clues?

Edited by JayMusicGirl

So anyone know or have any clues?

This September 2014 article would indicated that he still is our brother....

http://www.hollywood.com/news/brief/57601468/anthony-anderson-befriends-prince-after-jehovah-s-witness-encounter

But that's just going by the date of the published article. Honestly, I haven't seen anything that would indicate he has abandoned the truth.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

This September 2014 article would indicated that he still is our brother....

http://www.hollywood.com/news/brief/57601468/anthony-anderson-befriends-prince-after-jehovah-s-witness-encounter

But that's just going by the date of the published article. Honestly, I haven't seen anything that would indicate he has abandoned the truth.

Thanks for the link! I'll show it to my mother. Also, in regards to his symbol, I have found no reason for him using it to be wrong (and he's not using it instead of his name again as well). It's a combination of the male and female symbols (which could be viewed as bad because those symbols can also be used to represent the planets Mars and Venus but I doubt he used them with that intent) but really it's kind of just made up band logo art. So I guess I have to explain that too her too. Also, Wikipedia says, "Prince still frequently uses the symbol as a logo and on album artwork and continues to play a Love Symbol-shaped guitar." So Prince has still been using his symbol for years even after he became a Witness. He didn't just start back up again. I don't think the sister mom talked too really keeps up with Prince like I do, haha.