JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Doctor Who - A Spoiler Free Discussion of The Best TV Show in Time and Space!

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha!!!! thats brilliant!!!!

I've been catching up on the new series (which continues nxt week i think) and I end up spending the whole time going "WHAT!", "How?" "Huh?" lol!!! keeps you on your toes till the end!!!!

I really like Dr. Who but the SciFi channel no longer carries it where I live.:nope:

That is why they invented bittorrent. >:D

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BoB!! I just wanna say that I Love your new profile pic of The Doctor!! He's so far my Favorite doctor & just last night I watched his last episode, :cry: I had grown quite attached to him! lol..My daughters recently got me hooked on this series & I have been watching all of them on Netflix, soon I will be up to date... Fun Show!!! :)

BoB!! I just wanna say that I Love your new profile pic of The Doctor!! He's so far my Favorite doctor & just last night I watched his last episode, :cry: I had grown quite attached to him! lol..My daughters recently got me hooked on this series & I have been watching all of them on Netflix, soon I will be up to date... Fun Show!!! :)

he's mine too!! just finished watching series four, having not long discovered doctor who, but have now realised that i need to buy the specials dvd in order to see his last episodes.....o well.....ebay here i come! :upsidedown:

over here we have the finale of series 6 on sat, its such a good series and i think matt smith does an excellent doctor, especially with the current storylines.....keeps ya guessing (and shouting at the tv) right till da end :popcorn:

Doctor Who has made me literally cry 3 times (although I've welled up with moist eyes a few more times than that). David Tenants exit was the most heart wrenching story ever.

After this coming Saturday, the next series (called Series 7 since the 2005 reboot) will not air until the Autumn of 2012. There will be a Christmas special as usual (which is rumored to be very Christmassy this time, unfortunately) and an Easter special (which as before, will probably have nothing to do with the holiday) to help tide us over.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Doctor Who has made me literally cry 3 times (although I've welled up with moist eyes a few more times than that). David Tenants exit was the most heart wrenching story ever.

After this coming Saturday, the next series (called Series 7 since the 2005 reboot) will not air until the Autumn of 2012. There will be a Christmas special as usual (which is rumored to be very Christmassy this time, unfortunately) and an Easter special (which as before, will probably have nothing to do with the holiday) to help tide us over.

Catch up on some Classic Who during the off-season ;)

and WHAT a finale it was!!! i was literally crying and laughing at the same time! looking forward to the new season, i love the little "phrases" that hint at someat else......there is a lot more surprises for the next season i think!!

I love the wooly tardis and cybermen!!! :punk:

and WHAT a finale it was!!! i was literally crying and laughing at the same time! looking forward to the new season, i love the little "phrases" that hint at someat else......there is a lot more surprises for the next season i think!!

I love the wooly tardis and cybermen!!! :punk:

I did like it, except for a few things...

1) River Songs story went to pot. It had so much potential, and in the end I thought it was pretty lame.

2) They re-use the "time is collapsing and thus created an alternate universe that ultimately never existed anyway but for some reason the main characters get to remember it" thing too many times. I am tired of it. That story could have been written without all that nonsense.

Then... umm.... what about last season? WHO blew up the Tardis? I thought this would have been the theme of the new seasons, and the very question was ingorned and unanswered. Unless we are to assume it was "the silence" - maybe we will find out when "silence will fall".

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I haven't actually watched series 5 yet (bad i know lol!) but.....

1. I'm still having trouble understanding the River Song timeline, but the confidential afterward kinda explained it a bit better, however i do feel there could be a little bit more to come. Although i agree its been kinda anticlimatic........i do wonder about that cradle though (it think it was in the daemons run episode), maybe there is more to come from that?

2. Totally agree with you on this one!

3. I will return to this one when series 5 has been watched! :popcorn::punk: