JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Doctor Who - A Spoiler Free Discussion of The Best TV Show in Time and Space!

In the past the weeping angels couldn't move even if they were looking at each other, but that didn't hold true here at all.

I thought that was the biggest hole.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

In the past the weeping angels couldn't move even if they were looking at each other, but that didn't hold true here at all.

I thought that was the biggest hole.

Right, that is why they appeared to be weeping

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Many in our congregation are also serious Dr. Who fan's. They turned me on to it and although I am only in the 2nd season, I'm enjoying it more by the episode. Love both the theme music and graphics. I'm not typically a sci-fi fan at all but, as everyone has said, it's really addictive.

There was one questionable episode that I turned off - there was a monster saying "I am the Creator of the Universe." I thought "No, you're not buddy!" and turned it off. But for the most part it's been a good show and I can't wait to see the many Doctors.

I "officially" have my bright yellow Dr. Who t-shirt, ready for the next Doctor party!

Single/check box

Married/check box

Waiting for a mad man with a box/checked <-- this is incidentally a true statement! LOL

Take me away TARDIS! :loopy:

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

• 2 months later...

For me ... the further they got from Tom Baker, the less I wanted to watch. Have not watched any of the newer ones. Just not my "pocket of Jelly Babies"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 years later...

Okay so I see this thread has been left alone since 2013 but I absolutely love Doctor Who!! And not a lot of people I know have gotten into it so I seriously need some Doctor Who conversation here! I have to watch seasons that have already aired on Amazon Prime. I'm in California and I can't watch seasons as they are aired. (Or at least I don't know how to do that yet). I'm starting to watch the Classic Doctor Who now! (Excuse all the exclamations but I am kiiinda geeking out here :D )

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I've been here since 2015 and didn't know there is a Dr Who thread!

I have everything from 2005 onwards from iTunes. (Except for Season 8 because we now have Netflix.) Favourite episode? Well, just don't blink.

I keep checking out the old stuff on the BBC Store but it's expensive and I think I would be disappointed. Unless someone can recommend a classic series that just 'must be seen'?

I had some old 24V wheelchair motors that were no longer reliable and Freecycled them to a guy who wanted to build a dalek. Don't know if he did or not.

#areYouMyMummy?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 2 months later...