JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

At tonight's mtg, a sister showed me a very unique software on her ipad. It was called "Equipd" and enabled her to have access to many of the societies publications (ie Insight Books, Concordance, etc)...all on her ipad. Has anyone heard of it?

I'm not too smart when it comes to software, but I'd like to get it added to my Barnes & Noble Nook Color Tablet. Couldn't seem to find it at Barnes & Noble website, but did see it on Apple's App Store. Does anyone know if its compatible with my Nook?

I have it on my iPad and looooove it!

I haven't had my ipad all that long but I am able to use it a bit better. Our TMS tomorrow night will be the 2nd meeting that I've used it for the whole meeting, (not Bible) of course but Book study, KM, WT, and songs. The more I use it the more I really love it. I too have Equipd on my ipad and I must say I love being able to compare Bible verses.

I have heard a lot of good things about equipd for the iPad.

It even lets you "store" literature - for the times you don't have wifi access.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

That's my favorite featur since we have no Internet access at home and very poor reception when working the Tirana. I have told everyone the iPad is like my secret boyfriend! He sings to me (iTunes), he helps me when I am lost (gps coordinates , maps) he is a pioneer partner for me by keeping tract of my calls, time, etc) he entertains me (daily text with friends, bejewlef, games) he remembers my favorite recipes, family photos, etc, he keeps me out of debt (online banking$) I feel so close to him and feel giddy when we are together. I miss h so much when he is not at my side! He really is quite a good companion (no bad association$. Did I say I love him? He even comforts me when I am down (jwtalk). He is so smart-he knows the answers to everything (online Bible and then google).

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

That's my favorite featur since we have no Internet access at home and very poor reception when working the Tirana. I have told everyone the iPad is like my secret boyfriend! He sings to me (iTunes), he helps me when I am lost (gps coordinates , maps) he is a pioneer partner for me by keeping tract of my calls, time, etc) he entertains me (daily text with friends, bejewlef, games) he remembers my favorite recipes, family photos, etc, he keeps me out of debt (online banking$) I feel so close to him and feel giddy when we are together. I miss h so much when he is not at my side! He really is quite a good companion (no bad association$. Did I say I love him? He even comforts me when I am down (jwtalk). He is so smart-he knows the answers to everything (online Bible and then google).

We do get attached don't we? LOL

I have recently downloadd equipd and find it to be very useful, however when I choose a bible verse it does not show up I only get in audio. Any help on how to be able to read it for myself? The first day I downloaded it I was able to read, dont know what I have done wrong, please help if you can. Thanks.

It appears that some minor changes to the wol.jw.org website has caused equip'd to break. The brother is working on fixing it, but it may take a week or so to get through the testing that Apple does before permitting it in the Apple Store.

May I suggest just going to the wol.jw.org website through Safari.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 1 year later...

Hi Brothers & Sisters,

I wanted to post a copy of information about a new update to

this Apple App, "Equipd"

Now this app can do even more for us!

I hope this is helpful & encouraging to you. :)

"Equipd" Update (3.0.1 -> 3.1.0)‏

What's New in this version:

This update offers a number of new features.

It also contains low level bug fixes and performance improvements.

Before describing new features, can I encourage users to always check the Support Forums or email support@equipd.me if you have issues or questions, as opposed to writing to me via App Store Reviews.

I cannot reply to an App Store Review – and thus cannot help you.

For example a number of users wrote they could not find the Concordance, or were having issues with Equipd forgetting settings.

Both of these topics are covered on the Support Forums.

So … what's new in Equipd 3.1?

Notes-------I am excited to announce support for Notes alongside your highlighting and underlining.

Equipd Notes have some nice features – such as the ability to have the Note sit right next to relevant content, instead of just sitting in the side margin. You can also “Expand” a note to show the text right in the article, no need to click before you can read it.To add a Note, just select some text and click “Note” in the option menu. The Note will be inserted to the right of the selected text.

Startup Options-----------------Get access to content quickly based on how you use Equipd. You can now open Equipd directly to the Favourite Publications section instead of the Today screen. Or iPhone users can tell Equipd to launch into the Today screen for the first time.Some users on older devices have found the Bible window performs slowly for them, especially when repeatedly switching between apps. I encourage you to check the article on the Support Forums about “Troubleshooting Slow Performance”. I am also pleased to offer the “Bible Only” startup mode, which opens Equipd directly into the full-screen Bible window. This mode is optimised for performance and keeping memory (RAM) usage to a minimum.

New Backup Options--------------------You can now backup your annotations, briefcase, and news items in one step. In Admin > Backups you can generate a backup email, and specify reminder settings to prompt you to take a backup frequently. The backup is just a zip file that can be restored directly from the email attachment, or via iTunes.

Song Picker (iPad Only)-------------------------There is now a new Song Picker to make it quicker to select the song at the meeting. It will automatically appear if you open the Song book. If you have come via a direct link to a specific song, it will not auto-appear – but you can access it by clicking the window title bar.

Study Questions-----------------You may have noticed that the Study Questions were regenerated each time you loaded an article. So if you added annotations to a question it would be missing next time you loaded the content. As of 3.1.0 Equipd will preserve annotations in the study questions.---I hope you enjoy these new features.If you could take a moment to share your feedback on the App Store it would be appreciated.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Is it available on android

sorry, not yet for android. Matt is a hard working brother. Website is http://www.equipd.me

You can go to the support page and get updates. His primary focus is apple, but he is aware of the android need. Once 3.x.x id running smooth, he is looking for another platform, yes android......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sorry, not yet for android. Matt is a hard working brother. Website is http://www.equipd.me

You can go to the support page and get updates. His primary focus is apple, but he is aware of the android need. Once 3.x.x id running smooth, he is looking for another platform, yes android......

and the new update is great!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the iPad also and the app but I noticed someone mentioned they can also get the Kingdom ministry with Equipd? I can't seem to find it, am I missing something or does it not have the KM?

no, KM is not publicly available. Equipd caches what is on line. Maybe Matt will have pdf support in the new update and then if we have the km pdf, we can import. Till then we have to be patient, lol.

I love my new Ipad with Equipd on it. I am just learning to use it and it is hard since I am so used to using a computer. I keep wanting to use my trac-ball or mouse. My son is trying to get me into the 21st century. I have to call him and say "What do I do Now!!"  After attending the RC in Anchorage, he called me and told me I had to learn to use my Ipad. Sooooo I am doing my best to get use to it. It's hard for us "old dogs" to learn new tricks.   ^_^

I love my new Ipad with Equipd on it. I am just learning to use it and it is hard since I am so used to using a computer. I keep wanting to use my trac-ball or mouse. My son is trying to get me into the 21st century. I have to call him and say "What do I do Now!!" After attending the RC in Anchorage, he called me and told me I had to learn to use my Ipad. Sooooo I am doing my best to get use to it. It's hard for us "old dogs" to learn new tricks. ^_^

?'s. Just ask..we are here to help.

Although I have had the iPad for some considerable time, I have only started to use Equipd since the latest update.  Now I am convinced of its excellence and use it extensively.  I am still learning too, Dorothy, but any help I can offer I will do so.

I am currently migrating myself from using pdf in Adobe to Equipd, although some things will stay because I cannot migrate them with the notes I have made in Adobe!  My "Benefit" book for example has a lot of highlights, and my Bible Reading Schedule is marked off for almost six months, now.

Watchtower articles and study book are now in Equipd (although Draw Close is running parallel for the moment because I don't want to lose the studying I did earlier).

As I like to keep up in Czech too with the Bible and Watchtower, Equipd is ideal.