JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

so if I have the old one that I paid 4.99, I have to pay an additional 1.99. So if i never had it now I pay 1.99 and full benefit? Im not a mathematician

, but something is wrong. Question to all. Is this an app to help the brothers, I believe so. But is this an app to gain $ ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is from a Brother who has spend hundreds of hours planning, writing code, and testing this app. "For the scripture says, 'You must not muzzle a bull when it is threshing out the grain,' also, 'The worker is worthy of his wages.'" — 1 Timothy 5:18

I'm sure he has to earn money to eat, to pay for electricity, clothing, medicine, for transport to and from meetings and Field Service. Surely you're not going to begrudge him a couple of dollars for his work? Just because he is a Brother and has written an app for Theocratic actives doesn't mean he has to provide it for free.

Think of it this way: it's your opportunity to help a Brother.

If an app was written by a worldly person (someone who might even be a member of Christendom who hates Witnesses of Jehovah) but you like his app, I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to pay for it. Here you have an app written by a fellow Brother and you have an opportunity to say thanks by giving him $1.99!

By the way, this app might be called "Equipd" but it is a different app, not an upgrade.

Edited by niall

so if I have the old one that I paid 4.99, I have to pay an additional 1.99. So if i never had it now I pay 1.99 and full benefit? Im not a mathematician

, but something is wrong. Question to all. Is this an app to help the brothers, I believe so. But is this an app to gain $ ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again - NO. You do NOT have to pay anything additional. There is a FREE upgrade for those that have equipd already to get it working again. BUT it may break again and he may not be able to fix it.

For ones who did NOT spend the $5 - he can't make it available as it violates the wol.jw.org user agreement. So he created a new version that does NOT violate the agreement. It is only $2 - as it doesn't have all the features like the one you enjoy using. It only has the Bible - for now.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Here is about the update - 

http://support.equipd.me/entries/82713219-App-Update-New-App-Released-Today

After much deliberation I decided to push out an update to Equipd to restore it to working order for existing users. It took a lot of effort to get everything working again after the breaking changes on WOL, and I hope that this update will alleviate some of the frustration and panic many users have felt when their copy of Equipd stopped working - especially those in the foreign language field. 

Equipd is still not available for new users. And there are no changes in the overall status of Equipd. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Again - NO. You do NOT have to pay anything additional. There is a FREE upgrade for those that have equipd already to get it working again. BUT it may break again and he may not be able to fix it.

For ones who did NOT spend the $5 - he can't make it available as it violates the wol.jw.org user agreement. So he created a new version that does NOT violate the agreement. It is only $2 - as it doesn't have all the features like the one you enjoy using. It only has the Bible - for now.

Thank you for the help Jerry, I'm still having a hard time making the FREE upgrade conversion - anyone else?   ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me?_rdr=p

Thank you for the help Jerry, I'm still having a hard time making the FREE upgrade conversion - anyone else?   ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me?_rdr=p

I believe you may be confused. There is no "free upgrade conversion" from Equipd to Equipd Bible. Equipd Bible is a new app. You cannot upgrade to it. You must purchase it separately. If you (1) already own Equipd, (2) it's updated to the latest version, (3) you have purchased Equipd Bible and (4) installed Equipd Bible on the same device then you can open scriptural links in the old app in the new app.

"In the older Equipd there is a new option in Admin > About to "Transition to new Bible app". If you turn this on, and have the new app installed, then all links in the older Equipd that would normally open the Bible window will now instead flick across to the new app. And you can easily switch back using the integrated callback button in the Equipd Bible."

Correct, the "free upgrade" is to go from the broken version of eQuipd to one that works again. I think it's version 3.4.9 .

eQuipd Bible is new and you can buy it if you want. There is no need if you have the previous app upgraded and working.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Thank you   ...   Is annotation there as before and can you annotate in the regular equipd app in the bible and are there bible audio files?

You could never annotate THE BIBLE in the older version of eQuipd. So, yes, the older version is the same. 

Soon .....

Correct, the "free upgrade" is to go from the broken version of eQuipd to one that works again. I think it's version 3.4.9 .

eQuipd Bible is new and you can buy it if you want. There is no need if you have the previous app upgraded and working.

Thanks,  mid July adjustments too   ..  http://support.equipd.me/entries/83077955-Coming-Soon-Version-3-5-0?page=1#post_29977945  

• 2 months later...

http://support.equipd.me/entries/83891695-Annotations-broken-on-iOS-9-and-9-1

This says:

At this time the highlighting / annotation feature of Equipd does not work in iOS 9 or 9.1. There is no workaround for this issue.

may decide to update Equipd and push out a fix for this issue once I work out what has changed and what the solution is.

For now, users who depend on Equipd and the annotation features should avoid upgrading to iOS 9.

I am using iOS 9 on my phone and thought i had 9 on my tablet, but I do NOT have 9 on the tablet yet.

I am going to have to wait for iOS9 on my tablet.

I checked eQuipd on my phone earlier, but I did not try highlighting!!   :eek:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

I decided to remove the jailbreak on my iPad just a bit too late. iTunes offered me iOS 8.4.1 but installed 9.0. It must have been a matter of minutes.

I suppose I could install 8.4.1 while it is still 'signed' to retrieve my beloved equipd but I'm liking 9.0 otherwise.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I tried highlighting on the phone with iOS9 and that worked fine - so did annotating.

I wonder if it might be something else, but I am nervous to update my iPad.

Edit: I take it back, it is sporadic and doesn't always work on the phone. Odd.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

from MS   ... Equipd users

If you are using Equipd it has lost the ability to highlight with the new iOS 9 update but there is a workaround by selecting what you want to highlight then slide it up under the colour tool bar popup then choose the colour you want, if it doesn't do one colour use any then change it after, sometimes I turn my iPad portrait to get the colour I want. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

An update so this works fully (including underlining and highlighting) is on its way. :bouncing:

http://support.equipd.me/entries/83972295-Coming-Soon-Version-3-5-1

Be QUICK his last update wasn't there for long. I haven't upgraded my tablet to iOS9 yet.

Edit: post if you see it, if I haven't already. :wave:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....