JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I thought Equipd was no longer supporting new publications?  Did something change?

The Society had him pull the app from the app store, but they did not send a letter out to each person that already purchased the app.

Those that purchased the app are able to continue to use it and probably will until there is a viable alternative from the Society.

He has not added any additional functionality to the app, but he has "fixed" it when it broke (so it can continue to be used). This has happened twice now - with Apple iOS updates.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The Society had him pull the app from the app store, but they did not send a letter out to each person that already purchased the app.

Those that purchased the app are able to continue to use it and probably will until there is a viable alternative from the Society.

He has not added any additional functionality to the app, but he has "fixed" it when it broke (so it can continue to be used). This has happened twice now - with Apple iOS updates.

Wow, so you can load new publications into it?

It always has had the ability to load new publications - anything in any language from wol.jw.org is what gets loaded.

So, if a new publication or latest issue of a magazine gets posted on wol.jw.org - it soon is available in eQuipd. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 3 weeks later...

An update so this works fully (including underlining and highlighting) is on its way. :bouncing:

http://support.equipd.me/entries/83972295-Coming-Soon-Version-3-5-1

Be QUICK his last update wasn't there for long. I haven't upgraded my tablet to iOS9 yet.

Edit: post if you see it, if I haven't already. :wave:

I hope this is helpful for now   ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

so after all that much ado about nothing last year that got us all ready to run away everything still works fine and even 2016 mwb!!!

I do miss how the WT study use to show up on the main daily page - unless I'm doing something wrong? 

Edited by timpin

so after all that much ado about nothing last year that got us all ready to run away everything still works fine and even 2016 mwb!!!

I do miss how the WT study use to show up on the main daily page - unless I'm doing something wrong?

Am I missing something here? Do you refer to the new workbook? Or something else?

Brother, have you cleaned the cache and downloaded again?

Thank you - works fine now.

Am I missing something here? Do you refer to the new workbook? Or something else?

Yes, the new workbook is in there also under news

Edited by timpin

halalujah! salvation and glory! :)

The latest version of TheoStudy is now available on the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/theostudy/id101760...

just asking about an alternative   ...   

For those who have already tried TheoStudy - How does it compare to an APP that many of us apple users have come to know as our favorite all-in-one, gotta have study app? ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

• 3 weeks later...

"The latest version of TheoStudy is now available on the App Store.

just asking about an alternative   ...   "

also, JW Library has added a few more features that will make it easier to switch to next year *** I think it seems slightly better than iBooks now too?   ...    thanks to tips from Lynn/rocket and others   ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16287-new-update-for-jw-library-app/page-50#entry353374 ...   still missing underlining, notes and complete weekly meetings on the today page.

Edited by timpin

JW Library app still is not on the same level as Equipd is. Scriptures are not in a pop up dialog and have no footnotes nor cross references displayed. For me Equipd is still THE application for the ministry that has to be beaten,

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

JW Library app still is not on the same level as Equipd is. Scriptures are not in a pop up dialog and have no footnotes nor cross references displayed. For me Equipd is still THE application for the ministry that has to be beaten,

A point to keep in mind when comparing: Our brothers make the JW-Library work on Android, Windows and Apple.  That is a MUCH more difficult task.  The same comparison might be made by Android aficionados who prefer MoonReader Pro.  We translate info about God's Word into 800+ languages and we keep the Library working in all 3 platforms.

We can all agree that all these different OSs have one common platform HTML based pages. To keep 3 different versions running, updating and also doing feature development is a nightmare. Equipd is just a front end into wol.jw.org nothing else, but its look and feel as well as navigation and layout is just far more user friendly. All the different OSs can read wol.jw.org. If you publish new releases there the application that acts as a front end just has to keep up with any changes in links and directory structure, The JW Library app does not do that so the developers are stuck with maintaining 3 unique apps in at least 3 different stores. At this time for my ministry the JW Library is cumbersome when compared to Equipd and a custom library app for the Android platform that I use. It is often very slow in loading and opening up. Eventually I am hoping that it will reach the state of being the premier tool for mobile devices, but for my taste it has yet to reach that.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

• 1 year later...

What is the latest version of regular eQuipd?

Never mind. I see it is 3.7.1

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....